Best Boveda RH% for cannabis

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I was disappointed to see that Boveda no longer carries the 54% packs anymore. I have been using them for about a year now and thought they did a nice job. I had always read that this was an ideal humidity to store cured cannabis.

On their website it now skips from 49% packs straight to 62%. Boveda claims that 62% is what medicinal herb should be stored at. I have read that 65% or higher welcomes contaminant growth and 62% is too close to that value.

Wondering what everyone sees as the best option now?

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: vapen00b

RenDabs

62% works fine. I've kept bud for about a year in jars with 62% packs with no contamination problems. Not too sure about longer storage than that.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I always use 62, I cultivate, 62 is fine, if a little too moist for instant vaping, but perfect for storage in my opinion...

Iv never had any mould growth on my product, and I go into jars quite quick (still sticky), then burp for a week, then just let boveda work for 90 days...

I end up with a beautiful cure, frosty yellow lovelyness, dry but not brittle....

Hey, man didn't read up and down the wall to much, In my friends experience do not put them in a glass jar... unless you really know what your doing, it can mess up the smell if it gets over saturated. Rather have some dry stuff to vape then wet stuff that smells bad.

legalcloud,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I never had that problem, my flowers taste better than anything iv ever bought.
I use 2 packs per Oz, so in a 2 Oz jar I use 4 boveda 62....

Some common sense is needed, don't just bung fresh herb in a jar with boveda and expect perfection,

I monitor my jars consistently for the first 20 days of cure, burping as necessary...

Top Bottom