Benzene in vapor?

ginolicious

So I just read that benzine is released at 100C. I thought it wasn't in vaping at all.

ginolicious,

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Here's an interesting thread to read -- Benzene: Thoughts on the known carcinogen

My thought is that even though vapor contains small amounts of benzene (and probably other aromatic hydrocarbons too), it's still going to be healthier than smoke. With smoking you're only getting some of the cannabinoids (some are lost to pyrolysis) and a lot of the "bad stuff" (aromatic hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, etc). With vaporizing, you get most, if not all, of the cannabinoids, and very little of the "bad stuff".

Last edited:

sundaddy

If you don't want Benzene, stay at or below 365º (level 2 on SOLO)

Last edited:
sundaddy,

ginolicious

I read the dumbest thing just now from a head shop in Toronto regarding vaporizers and cleaning them.

This article went on to answer the cleaning aspect of a vaporizer. Buddy goes on to say if you hose, bag, or chamber gets yellow or resin in it then you are not vaporizing and in fact are combusting.

Now I vape no higher than 190C. Usually 185 or 188 depending on the strain. My hose has resin in it even from sessions at 170, same with my chamber. I am therefore combusting in accordance with this dbags theory. Thoughts? Suggestions? Chime in. Rip it apart. Wasn't me who wrote it. Wish I found the article too.

ginolicious,

ginolicious

Wrong, your ABV will tell the story.

That was my thought too.

If you are trying to sell people on vaping then why are you claiming any resin is a sign of combustion. Seems like an uneducated response especially from a head shop. Not to mention their vapes are over priced. Thanks but no thanks.

ginolicious,
Reactions: sundaddy

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
I always remember reading that benzene isn't detectable in noticeable concentrations until above 392 F from previous studies done with vaporizers.

mikek9,

max

Out to lunch
This article went on to answer the cleaning aspect of a vaporizer. Buddy goes on to say if you hose, bag, or chamber gets yellow or resin in it then you are not vaporizing and in fact are combusting.
This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard regarding vaporizing. Vapor is going to condense on any surface it contacts. Residue is a better term than resin, and you're going to get it any time you vape, just like you get carbon dioxide any time you exhale during the breathing process. It obviously has nothing to do with combustion.
I always remember reading that benzene isn't detectable in noticeable concentrations until above 392 F from previous studies done with vaporizers.
And you may well inhale more benzene just walking down a city street.

Top Bottom