Beginner Buying a First Dry Herb Vaporizer

Danyboi12

Hey guys so basically I have been researching an abundance of vaporizers over the last week and I haven't been able to decide on one, I have narrowed it down to 2 being the solo 2 and the mighty but can't choose one. The main factors I am looking for are:

- Ease of cleaning
- Effect of the material
- Reliability eg. It is possible to change the batteries on the solo 2 yourself where as you can't with the mighty

Thanks for all of your help guys!

Last edited:
Danyboi12,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hey guys so basically I have been researching an abundance of vaporizers over the last week and I haven't been able to decide on one, but here is some things you might need to know to help me choose:

- I have never used a vaporizer before but with previous smoking experiences...I know I am extremely lightweight (doesn't take much for me to get hit)
- I am only buying from Australian Vaporizers so only looking for things they stock
- I am looking for a portable vaporizer, does not need to be discrete but a desktop vape isn't viable for me at this stage
- I am looking for something that is easy to clean and gives a good effect
- Price does not really matter but definitely looking for value for money, meaning I'm happy to spend as much money for a mighty if it's worth it
- I like the idea of longer warranties such as those on the MFLB or pax vaporizers but don't have very much knowledge of any other long warranty vaporizers
- Easy cleaning is definitely a bonus as I dont want to be scraping residue off every second day
- This is not going to be used multiple times a day, not even daily, probably once or twice a week

Tl:dr I am looking for an easy to clean, portable and good effect vaporizor and need some help!

Thanks for all of your time guys!

I hate the fact that whenever anyone asks these questions, it always ends up with a vapcap recommendation of some sort....

But if it suits it suits...

I don't think it's too much trouble to get a vapcap in oz, but I'm not sure....
So that may be a deal breaker..

But for everything else, I think it fits your needs...

It certainly gives 'good effects', a unique vape signature for sure....
And is basically indestructable with no parts to fail...

I strongly suggest you look into it...

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
the factor draw resistance is important too when coming from smoking - the mighty is much more free flowing than the solo imo, vapcaps are a bit of a lung trainer in that comparison...
so i'm pro mighty - having no exchangable batteries saves u from buying and carrying spare batteries and a charger ;) :D
it just works perfect and reliable every time

darbarikanada

I haven't used a solo, but own a mighty and vapcap. while the vapcap is great, if I had to go with one, it would be the mighty. you're right that the battery issue sucks, but reliability doesn't seem to be a serious problem. just to rehash (!) all the old points about the mighty: great flavor, total temperature control, minimal draw resistance, near-zero learning curve, and that useful vibration for when you somehow space out. and no smart phone needed.

the vapcap has traits that I see as downsides (YMMV): not great for outdoors if it's cold or windy; the need to use a flame (most people use torches) - not great for stealth; and it requires a fair amount of attention (as in not spacing out) to perform its best. vapcaps appeal to people who like the fire part of getting high, maybe miss that aspect of combustion. my main reason for getting one was because mightys aren't great with hard hash (I think they just don't get hot enough), which is what I mostly use it for now that I've had it a while.

darbarikanada,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I think in Solo II you can't change bateries, or maybe you can, but not easily (like Solo I).
Arizer Air has easily swappable batteries and is the same as Solo I and almost same as Solo II.
If you don't need batteries, then a log might be a great choice - efficient and powerful and reliable, and very easy to clean. Not so great if you want to vape more than 0.3g in one session.

Danyboi12

I've legitimately been researching for 3-4 hours today and still can't make a decision. Now I'm considering the air as well! Farout this is difficult

Danyboi12,

Mr. Me2

Hey @Danyboi12 !

Have you vaped before, or is this your launching place? (Okay... I re-read the title of your thread do that may not be the best question...)

I ask because it's not clear if you're familiar with the differences between session (conduction) vapes and on demand (convection) vapes.

Having said that, I think you've picked a couple winners. Your time and experience after purchase will tell if you ended up with the best vape for you.

But I think you'll find that there is no "perfect " vape (yet), and you'll likely end up with several vapes...like so many of us.

Enjoy the ride!

Mr. Me2,
Top Bottom