Beam me up, Scotty.

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
Damn dude that went way over my head. The only thing I recognized in there was Schrodinger's cat (only because I saw it on The Big Bang Theory. I'm not sure though how a cat who can be either dead or alive at any moment has to do with quantum physics.

wowthisisrandom,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
These are the kind of articles that make me feel stupid. Photon entanglement? :uhoh: I find my eyes starting to roll back in my head. Must be the blonde dye having it's effects again. :lol:

All kidding aside, this is pretty incredible stuff. If they can transfer information this way, you've got to believe that the next step....

momofthegoons,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
They finally did it. Now if they could just scale down that machine.

Vicki,

lwien

momofthegoons said:
These are the kind of articles that make me feel stupid. Photon entanglement? :uhoh: I find my eyes starting to roll back in my head. Must be the blonde dye having it's effects again. :lol:

All kidding aside, this is pretty incredible stuff. If they can transfer information this way, you've got to believe that the next step....

Pretty exciting stuff, but I'll tell ya this. If I was there in that room, and I heard a very faint, "help me.........help me........", I'd be like.......... :uhoh: .

lwien,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
After reading that article (and I was vaguely familar with it before), is that computers are going to get much faster. Insanely faster; think real time multiple language voice translators that would be capable of learning and adapting.

Useful for not only raw calculations per second but for intra CPU communication (instead of having to physically move data from one computer bridge to another it just gets teleported). We're talking about several computing barriers overcome that could make Moore's law a joke.

I'm optimistic.

Tom

tdavie,

crawdad

floatin
the skeptic in me asks "so, how do we know for sure that it was in two phases at the exact same time? our measurement systems are infallible?". don't get me wrong, i find it very interesting...however, the moment we supposition a conscious living entity to be of value along side of a quirk of a quark might be the moment we need to step back and hit that bowl once more.

crawdad,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
Remember it was an image that was teleported, not an object

but very cool, still

And now i'm going to talk out of my ass... i thought the dead cat in a box was a mental thing, like you had to assume it was alive until proven dead, even tho you knew it had to be dead; or, if you assumed it was alive, but it was really dead, then when you opened the box it was both alive and dead at the same time, but more as a supposition, not a physical thing...you just didn't really know it until after it was open

did i get it that wrong?

VWFringe,

lwien

I'm really, really vaked right now, but that ^ was fun to read.

Thanks Fringe. :)

lwien,
Top Bottom