bad vapor daddy reviews !?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheVaporDaddy

i have seen quite a few bad reviews of the vapor daddy and i would just like to let you know i am EXTREMELY satisfied with my VD and i think there might be fake VD out there , i actually find NO difference between the vapor daddy and the vapor brothers , i am actually a bit offended by the bad reviews out there , i have NEVER had combustion in my 8 months of owning it even if it is on the max temp for an hour ( i like max temp even though the last hit or 2 arent as tasty but you get the most out of your herb that way ) i reccomend the vapor daddy to anyone who is looking to buy a box unit as it is cheaper than any other modle ( not the crap ones of course ) and the standard model is actually hands free ( they do have a " upgraded model " but the only difference is an on/off switch and a tighter fitting whip ) why bother spending an extra 100 on basicly the same thing just because it says vapor brothers on the side , personally i think the vapor daddy sounds cooler :p

and yes the vapor daddy had a coil heating element but they changed it to ceramic a long time ago ( maybe the bad reviews are due to the old vapor daddies still being in circulation ) anyways DO NOT BE AFRAID and also i dont like the VB whips because the bowl is less than a half inch and when you pack it its FULL to the top and you shouldnt actually pack it because the looser the material the better the air flow and thats what convection is about , the vapor daddy bowl is about an inch and a half and you actually only suppose to only fill it1/4 of the way so that way everything gets browned evenly rather than the top being more burnt than everything else ( vaped i should say )

Mod note: Please use the edit button to add to a post. Posts merged.

TheVaporDaddy,

max

Out to lunch
Glad you like your vape, but I don't think that model is ever going to be a big seller. I can't say how they're building them now, but I bought one a few years ago and the build quality was not up to par with the Vapor Brothers or Vaporwarez VaporCannon. Even if they're improved now, you'd have a hard time finding one from an on-line dealer. I think it's going to be found in some head shops, and whether it's at a good price or not is up to the store owner. You used to be able to find them on eBay, but not so much anymore. The Da Buddha has been the popular whip vape in this price range for the last couple of years, and IMO the fact that it isolates the vapor path from all electronics makes it worth the $ even after the recent price raise. And if you're an FC member the DBV is available for $160-170 with discount codes from some of our recommended dealers.

max,

GreenLeaf

Not everyone likes the same model/brand of vape.

I know people who find the Volcano to be way too expensive and highly overrated.

GreenLeaf,

stinkmeaner

max said:
Glad you like your vape, but I don't think that model is ever going to be a big seller. I can't say how they're building them now, but I bought one a few years ago and the build quality was not up to par with the Vapor Brothers or Vaporwarez VaporCannon. Even if they're improved now, you'd have a hard time finding one from an on-line dealer. I think it's going to be found in some head shops, and whether it's at a good price or not is up to the store owner. You used to be able to find them on eBay, but not so much anymore. The Da Buddha has been the popular whip vape in this price range for the last couple of years, and IMO the fact that it isolates the vapor path from all electronics makes it worth the $ even after the recent price raise. And if you're an FC member the DBV is available for $160-170 with discount codes from some of our recommended dealers.
Just out of curiosity max, what did you notice about the Vapor Daddy that turned you off? Was it materials, fit & finish, or over all function? I am just wondering because I have read some post where people have said it is better quality than Vapor Brothers but I never bought into that.

I agree about the Da Budda is a better value than a typical box vape, they are built tougher and from what I read people have an easy time replacing parts like the heating element on their own, but I know with a Vapor Brothers you have to send it in.

stinkmeaner,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I have both a Vapor Bros and a Vapor Box (which I think is the same as the Vapor Cannon - a step up from the original Vapor Warez) which were both purchased used and both in need of repair.
In both cases the manufacturers did a fast and friendly repair job.
In the case of the Vapor Box it was no questions asked, and gratis.
With the Vapor Bros it was a little more discerning for warranty service and I had to pay about $30 which was well worth it.

Don't own a Da Buddha but I do have a SSV and I agree that it's more rugged than the wood box vapes and better designed.
Regardless I love these old wood box vapes.

jeffp,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom