AVB > Cure > Tincture > Feco

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Hey there FC’s.
I finally decided to do something with all my ABV and wanted to share my ongoing journey and ask a few questions.

Water Curing:
I took all my ABV and water cured it using @Sneaky Pete video as a guide (which was so helpful AND entertaining)
I split it all into 4 jars about 3/4 filled with ABV and added water. I used cheese cloth to drain out dirty water (used same cloth for each round so there was minimal waste stuck to cheese cloth)
IMG-4067.jpg

It took me 8 rounds to get mostly clear water (about 4 hours each time, a few of which were overnight)
IMG-4082.jpg

Then I put parchment paper on huge baking sheet, spread out the goods and heated on 170 F.
IMG-4084.jpg

I checked and stirred every hour and after 3 full hours, went up to 195F for another hour and 15 minutes.
IMG-4085.jpg

IMG-4086.jpg

I’m not sure of the weight before hand but after curing I had about 46 grams of clean, dry ABV.
IMG-4088.jpg

At first I was just going to make some cannaoil with it, but since the potency of ABV is impossible to know until you’ve baked, consume and wait for it to be metabolized, I thought I‘d make some tincture and use sublingually to quickly gauge potency. That way it would be easy to know how much ABV to coconut oil I should use.

Making Tincture:
I have read about 50 articles on how to make tinctures - many of them say you need to soak for weeks and weeks (shaking once a day), but I choose to believe this Ardent Study that says 80% of goodies get extracted after just 3 hours, so 24 hours should be plenty of time.

I started with room temp Everclear (190 proof) and ABV and made three tinctures:
1 - 3.5g ABV + 4 oz EC
2 - 7.0g ABV + 4 oz EC
3 - 3.5g ABV + 2 oz EC (enough to cover AVB only)
I gave them each a 2 minute shake, put them in cabinet and over next 24 hours, I gave periodic shakings.
Then I strained out all the ABV.

I also have some ABV and EC in freezer, planning on testing out the frozen method one of these days, if I can ever figure out approximate potency.

After a night out of moderate drinking, I used a syringe I usually use to give my dog medicine (of course I cleaned it well first!) and put about 2ml of #2 under my tongue……………………………………………………………………………….
…………………………………….………
……………………………………………………………
HOLY FUCK, that shit BURNS!!!!
I mean WTF? Who can tolerate this??????
I tried a few times, but never lasted more than a few seconds before I had to swallow it.

I may or may not have felt effects from it. But I did feel a buzz for a couple of hours (could have just been the adrenaline from the shock of administering it along with earlier cocktails 😁 )

I will say the water cure did an amazing job - it tastes like weed, not AVB, so at least one success.

Today I tried about 2ml of #3. Slightly less painful, maybe b/c the shock wore off and/or less alcohol… I was able to mix enough saliva to decrease burn a bit.
It kind of foams up a bit - pretty gross. Not sure if I could ever recommend this to any of my friends (or enemies.)
Anyhow, feel a small buzz, nothing major, but pleasant enough.
I guess I need to try more than 2ml, which I will do at some point, once my mouth forgives me.

FECO calls:
So, sifting though the inter webs again, I decided I need to turn that tincture into FECO, so I am currently trying to evaporate #2.
I have lid off, next to a fan for 2 hours so far, not sure how long it will take. Will follow up when it done.

Anyone use FECO sublingually?
Any tips on dosage?
How to administer? I saw that using a glass syringe like this one is the way to go. But if so, what size needle do I need to administer?
Is FECO even worth it? How else do people use it?

If not, any ideas on what to do next with the tincture? Any hints to make it less harsh?
Any similar or different experiences?

if you read this whole thing, THANKS!

sickmanfraud

Hey there FC’s.
I finally decided to do something with all my ABV and wanted to share my ongoing journey and ask a few questions.

Water Curing:
I took all my ABV and water cured it using @Sneaky Pete video as a guide (which was so helpful AND entertaining)
I split it all into 4 jars about 3/4 filled with ABV and added water. I used cheese cloth to drain out dirty water (used same cloth for each round so there was minimal waste stuck to cheese cloth)
IMG-4067.jpg

It took me 8 rounds to get mostly clear water (about 4 hours each time, a few of which were overnight)
IMG-4082.jpg

Then I put parchment paper on huge baking sheet, spread out the goods and heated on 170 F.
IMG-4084.jpg

I checked and stirred every hour and after 3 full hours, went up to 195F for another hour and 15 minutes.
IMG-4085.jpg

IMG-4086.jpg

I’m not sure of the weight before hand but after curing I had about 46 grams of clean, dry ABV.
IMG-4088.jpg

At first I was just going to make some cannaoil with it, but since the potency of ABV is impossible to know until you’ve baked, consume and wait for it to be metabolized, I thought I‘d make some tincture and use sublingually to quickly gauge potency. That way it would be easy to know how much ABV to coconut oil I should use.

Making Tincture:
I have read about 50 articles on how to make tinctures - many of them say you need to soak for weeks and weeks (shaking once a day), but I choose to believe this Ardent Study that says 80% of goodies get extracted after just 3 hours, so 24 hours should be plenty of time.

I started with room temp Everclear (190 proof) and ABV and made three tinctures:
1 - 3.5g ABV + 4 oz EC
2 - 7.0g ABV + 4 oz EC
I gave them each a 2 minute shake, put them in cabinet and over next 24 hours, I gave periodic shakings.

I also have some ABV and EC in freezer, planning on testing out the frozen method one of these days, if I can ever figure out approximate potency.

After a night out of moderate drinking, I used a syringe I usually use to give my dog medicine (of course I cleaned it well first!) and put about 2ml of #2 under my tongue……………………………………………………………………………….
…………………………………….………
……………………………………………………………
I tried a few times, but never lasted more than a few seconds before I had to swallow it.

I may or may not have felt effects from it. But I did feel a buzz for a couple of hours (could have just been the adrenaline from the shock of administering it along with earlier cocktails 😁 )

I will say the water cure did an amazing job - it tastes like weed, not AVB, so at least one success.

Today I tried about 2ml of #3. Slightly less painful, maybe b/c the shock wore off and/or less alcohol… I was able to mix enough saliva to decrease burn a bit.
It kind of foams up a bit - pretty gross. Not sure if I could ever recommend this to any of my friends (or enemies.)
I guess I need to try more than 2ml, which I will do at some point, once my mouth forgives me.

FECO calls:
So, sifting though the inter webs again, I decided I need to turn that tincture into FECO, so I am currently trying to evaporate #2.
I have lid off, next to a fan for 2 hours so far, not sure how long it will take. Will follow up when it done.

Any tips on dosage?
How to administer? I saw that using a glass syringe like this one is the way to go. But if so, what size needle do I need to administer?

If not, any ideas on what to do next with the tincture? Any hints to make it less harsh?

First of all, you can add your tincture to about a shot glass of water and hold it and swish it in your mouth with a minimal burn.

I like taking ethanol tinctures in hot coffee. The ethanol flashes off and the cannabinoids stay attached to the milk.

If you are committed to making a FECO tincture the best way to do it is to put the ethanol tincture in a double boiler where the water has boiled and the heat source turned off. You place your ethanol tincture along with the amount of FECO you want to use in the double boiler and the ethanol will evaporate and the cannabinoids will stay bonded to the FECO. It may take several heat cycles.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD ANYONE PLACE AN ETHANOL TINCTURE IN A DOUBLE BOILER WITH THE HEAT SOURCE ON. YOU CAN CAUSE AN EXPLOSION.

FWIW I always decarb my AVB before doing anything else with it. If the proposed usage is before sleep, the extra decarb will definitely help.

@Jill NYC When you get ready to make an ethanol tincture be in touch. I have been making ethanol tinctures (usually several per month) for over 10 years. I have three strains in the freezer now, being on FC is my way of procrastinating.

Last edited:

Vapegirl666

First of all, you can add your tincture to about a shot glass of water and hold it and swish it in your mouth with a minimal burn.

I like taking ethanol tinctures in hot coffee. The ethanol flashes off and the cannabinoids stay attached to the milk.

If you are committed to making a FECO tincture the best way to do it is to put the ethanol tincture in a double boiler where the water has boiled and the heat source turned off. You place your ethanol tincture along with the amount of FECO you want to use in the double boiler and the ethanol will evaporate and the cannabinoids will stay bonded to the FECO. It may take several heat cycles.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD ANYONE PLACE AN ETHANOL TINCTURE IN A DOUBLE BOILER WITH THE HEAT SOURCE ON. YOU CAN CAUSE AN EXPLOSION.

FWIW I always decarb my AVB before doing anything else with it. If the proposed usage is before sleep, the extra decarb will definitely help.

@Jill NYC When you get ready to make an ethanol tincture be in touch. I have been making ethanol tinctures (usually several per month) for over 10 years. I have three strains in the freezer now, being on FC is my way of procrastinating.

Hubby did a large extraction Of ABV
Required a lot of ethanol as the material has little water and oil left and is very dry
He learned his craft from Psychedelic Sam (RIP)
Sam had some testing done and he reported that not much was in there but there was 5% THC-A
This was one batch so take it for what it is worth
The tincture is still in the fridge as hubby has taken a break from the edibles world after doing his infused simple syrup

Vapegirl666,
Reactions: Jill NYC

sickmanfraud

I learned about the Green Dragon tincture Business from PsychadelicSam back in 2013. For a long time, Sam wanted me to answer questions, not ask. He said I was "ready".

I have not been back to GC recently. I did not know that Sam had died. I had been meaning to DM him for months. Procrastination is a terrible thing.

@Jill NYC I forgot to mention the other day, I make my tinctures, using fresh cannabis, to a concentration of 6 grams of cannabis to 1 ounce of ethanol. Any AVB tinctures were concentrated to a concentration rate of AT LEAST 12 grams of AVB per ounce of ethanol. I did a solvent transfer to coconut oil for the AVB since it helps cover the taste.

Last edited:

Asteroweed

Hey there FC’s.

Water Curing:
IMG-4067.jpg

IMG-4082.jpg

IMG-4084.jpg

IMG-4085.jpg

IMG-4086.jpg

IMG-4088.jpg

Making Tincture:

1 - 3.5g ABV + 4 oz EC
2 - 7.0g ABV + 4 oz EC

…………………………………….………
……………………………………………………………

FECO calls:

Any tips on dosage?

Thanks for this post

I have the same problem with alcohol, it burns :cry:.
Even when I put the tincture in hot or cold water, whether I hold it and swish it in my mouth or drink it, it is still annoying

I read somewhere that you could dilute tinctures in distilled water. Of course, the shelf life of this mixed product will be shorter than the one of the original extract, but it supposed to be ok for one month.

I feel that I need extremly low dose of THC to get the benefit of it without too many strange feelings afterward, so like you said, dosage is a trial and error process.
I take different quantities using a syringe bought in a drugstore (using this could be easier), and mix in 30 ml bottles filled with tap water I boiled before

I have yet to find the perfect dosage

sansei

I'm not here for a long time, but for a good time
I was boiling down my tincture in mason jars to evaporate the alcohol for feco when both of my jars tipped in the water. Now I have a crockpot full of greenish mess. I reset my pot to 250 to get rid of the water and alcohol. How diluted will my feco be once done? Hoping I didn't just waste a half pound of sticky icky!:cry::doh:

Top Bottom