Artist ‘Paints’ With Marijuana Smoke

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Artist ‘Paints’ With Marijuana Smoke

In an unusual twist of protest-inspired art, a Brazilian artist paints compelling images using the smoke puffed from the illegal substance.

Brazilian artist Fernando de La Rocque stretches the artistic possibilities and influences of the controversial marijuana plant, known by its scientific name cannabis sativa, by creating an exhibit titled “Blow Job” or Trabalho de Sopro and features images drawn literally from the smoke of marijuana.

De la Rocque creates his unique artworks by blowing cannabis smoke onto stencils in the shape of controversial religious and political figures. He believes that:

more important than freedom to smoke marijuana is the freedom to think about it and make art with it. Polemic issues divide opinions, forcing people to think and debate.​

via PSFK: http://www.psfk.com/2012/08/marijuana-smoke-paintings.html#ixzz24L7G6Y2C

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I wondered how long before someone would post this here. I saw this earlier... but was to lazy to make the post.

Pretty cool stuff. I would love to have one of his pieces. I find it funny that he lives right down the block from a police station.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Vicki

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Ok, I don't mean to get too geeky here, but since I know Portuguese I thought that I'd clarify a funny play on words here.

"Trabalho de sopro" means in English "work of blow" which accurately describes what the artist is doing. It has nothing to do with the sexual act in the English translation.

Now he may have done this on purpose for ironic reasons, or the reporter mis-translated the title.

For those interested, the literal translation of the sex act is "boquete".

:peace:

Top Bottom