Arizer Solo 3 vs mighty plus

Cacahuates

who owns the Arizer Solo 3 and mighty+ and can say what one is best?
I would say this is pretty subjective. I'm sure there's people who love the mighty+. It's stupid easy. Can put it in your bag and not worry about it breaking. Feels good in the hand. The vapour for me was just too scratchy though.
I prefer the solo 3 to it all day.
It's better for me. May not be for you.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

You should start a new thread asking this, in the ask FC section, kind of off topic here, also totally subjective, in the solo thread the answers should be, would mostly be people who prefer the solo like me lol (never tried the plus, but I was not such a fan of the updated original mighty and I don't think the plus would change that, while I think the S3 is substantially better than the original solo)

who owns the Arizer Solo 3 and mighty+ and can say what one is the best

I own a Mighty, Venty, Tinymight 2, and the Solo 3. Here's the ranking from best to worst (although even the worst one is very good lol): 1) Venty, 2) Tinymight 2, 3) Solo 3, 4) Mighty. So, to answer your question, I prefer the vapor from the Solo 3; I find the vapor from the Mighty to be too harsh. Additionally, I prefer the taste from the Solo 3. Here's my review of the Solo 3 where I compare it to the Tinymight 2:

Hello, here's a review that should address the question about the Solo 3 vs Tinymight 2: The Solo 3 is similar to the Tinymight 2 in vapor profile but slightly less powerful and with a much tighter airflow. The airflow of the Solo 3 is similar to Mighty's airflow (maybe just a little bit more restrictive), especially if you pack loosely (I pack a maximum of 0.18 grams in the XL stem and 0.1 grams in the regular one). For those who don't have a Tinymight 2 and are deciding between the two, I recommend the Tinymight because it's more powerful and efficient. However, for those who already have it and are looking for a second vaporizer to enjoy a bit longer while watching a good movie (you can enjoy 10 to 20-minute sessions when using it on lower temperatures), then the Solo 3 is perfect for that. It also has the power to finish a bowl in less than 2 minutes if you are looking for that, but not to finish the bowl in one draw like the TM2 (but you can definitely achieve 1 draw hits with the regular WPA adapter). But I must admit that I haven't touched any of my other vaporizers since Monday (22nd April) night, and don't feel the need to (so the Solo3 does the job well; I still consider myself a heavy user, needing power to satisfy my lungs and it delivers that). This says a lot about this vaporizer; it's excellent but not quite on par with the Tinymight 2 or Venty. If I were to rank it among my other portable vapes, it would be in third place: 1) Venty, 2) Tinymight 2, 3) Solo 3, 4) Mighty. All it lacks is a bit more airflow, which probably would have allowed it to surpass the Tinymight 2 by adding more power to the draw (if the heater can handle it). Also, it's important to remember that it's not a true on-demand vape like the Tinymight 2; the Solo3 has 20% conduction, so after heating the bowl, it takes a good 20 to 30 seconds for the temperature to drop to a level where there's no more extraction, so you either need to remove the stem right after your hit to stop the extraction or continue taking 3-4 additional hits while the temperature drops. I like it because even with my Tinymight 2, I try to take at least 3-4 hits before setting it down. But for those who want to settle for just one hit and set it down without removing the stem, it's not the best choice because the herb will continue to be heated for about twenty seconds after the first hit. Even if you reduce the heating time to a minimum, meaning 5 seconds, the 20% conduction will still have an extraction effect after the heating ends, so it's not a pure "on-demand" like the Tinymight 2.

Part 2 of the review: I discovered something interesting with the Solo 3 that I would like to share with you (it could influence your choice for a new vaporizer). Yesterday, at a friend's house, the Solo 3 battery had dropped to 1 bar and it was flashing red, so I decided to charge it with a USB-C cable found there. I plugged in the Solo 3, but the screen stayed black, nothing happened (it was a 65-watt charger). I tried another old USB-C cable (5 watts, 5 volts at 1 amp), but that didn't work either. When I got home, I used the USB-C cable provided with the Solo 3, and everything worked. I realized that the Solo 3 only charges with USB-C cables plugged into a 15-watt charger, which is 5 volts at 3 amps. If it's not a 15-watt charger (5 volts at 3 amps), it won't work. So yes, the Solo 3 uses a USB-C cable, but the proprietary charger problem remains (as with the Solo 1 and 2). If you don't have a 15-watt charger, you won't be able to charge your Solo 3, so you always need to have the right charger with you. So they provided us with a USB-C port without the flexibility that comes with it, so it's still all about marketing. Their USB-C is equivalent to a micro-usb or any proprietary charger (when the goal of a USB-C charger is to provide flexibility, to be able to charge the device from any USB-C charger, like the Mighty+ or the Tinymight 2). But it's not a game-changer for me and I still love my Solo 3.
Hi, I own a Mighty, Venty, Tinymight 2, and the Solo 3. Here's the ranking from best to worst (although even the worst one is very good lol): 1) Venty, 2) Tinymight 2, 3) Solo 3, 4) Mighty. So, to answer your question, I prefer the vapor from the Solo 3; I find the vapor from the Mighty to be too harsh. Additionally, I prefer the taste from the Solo 3. Here's my review of the Solo 3 where I compare it to the Tinymight 2:

Part 1 of the review: The Solo 3 is similar to the Tinymight 2 in vapor profile but slightly less powerful and with a much tighter airflow. The airflow of the Solo 3 is similar to Mighty's airflow (maybe just a little bit more restrictive), especially if you pack loosely (I pack a maximum of 0.18 grams in the XL stem and 0.1 grams in the regular one). For those who don't have a Tinymight 2 and are deciding between the two, I recommend the Tinymight because it's more powerful and efficient. However, for those who already have it and are looking for a second vaporizer to enjoy a bit longer while watching a good movie (you can enjoy 10 to 20-minute sessions when using it on lower temperatures), then the Solo 3 is perfect for that. It also has the power to finish a bowl in less than 2 minutes if you are looking for that, but not to finish the bowl in one draw like the TM2 (but you can definitely achieve 1 draw hits with the regular WPA adapter). But I must admit that I haven't touched any of my other vaporizers since Monday (22nd April) night, and don't feel the need to (so the Solo3 does the job well; I still consider myself a heavy user, needing power to satisfy my lungs and it delivers that). This says a lot about this vaporizer; it's excellent but not quite on par with the Tinymight 2 or Venty. If I were to rank it among my other portable vapes, it would be in third place: 1) Venty, 2) Tinymight 2, 3) Solo 3, 4) Mighty. All it lacks is a bit more airflow, which probably would have allowed it to surpass the Tinymight 2 by adding more power to the draw (if the heater can handle it). Also, it's important to remember that it's not a true on-demand vape like the Tinymight 2; the Solo 3 has 20% conduction, so after heating the bowl, it takes a good 20 to 30 seconds for the temperature to drop to a level where there's no more extraction, so you either need to remove the stem right after your hit to stop the extraction or continue taking 3-4 additional hits while the temperature drops. I like it because even with my Tinymight 2, I try to take at least 3-4 hits before setting it down. But for those who want to settle for just one hit and set it down without removing the stem, it's not the best choice because the herb will continue to be heated for about twenty seconds after the first hit. Even if you reduce the heating time to a minimum, meaning 5 seconds, the 20% conduction will still have an extraction effect after the heating ends, so it's not a pure "on-demand" like the Tinymight 2.

Part 2 of the review: I discovered something interesting with the Solo 3 that I would like to share with you (it could influence your choice for a new vaporizer). Yesterday, at a friend's house, the Solo 3 battery had dropped to 1 bar and it was flashing red, so I decided to charge it with a USB-C cable found there. I plugged in the Solo 3, but the screen stayed black, nothing happened (it was a 65-watt charger). I tried another old USB-C cable (5 watts, 5 volts at 1 amp), but that didn't work either. When I got home, I used the USB-C cable provided with the Solo 3, and everything worked. I realized that the Solo 3 only charges with USB-C cables plugged into a 15-watt charger, which is 5 volts at 3 amps. If it's not a 15-watt charger (5 volts at 3 amps), it won't work. So yes, the Solo 3 uses a USB-C cable, but the proprietary charger problem remains (as with the Solo 1 and 2). If you don't have a 15-watt charger, you won't be able to charge your Solo 3, so you always need to have the right charger with you. So they provided us with a USB-C port without the flexibility that comes with it, so it's still all about marketing. Their USB-C is equivalent to a micro-usb or any proprietary charger (when the goal of a USB-C charger is to provide flexibility, to be able to charge the device from any USB-C charger, like the Mighty+ or the Tinymight 2). But it's not a game-changer for me and I still love my Solo 3.

Last edited:

Andjoe

Hello, here's a review that should address the question about the Solo 3 vs Tinymight 2: The Solo 3 is similar to the Tinymight 2 in vapor profile but slightly less powerful and with a much tighter airflow. The airflow of the Solo 3 is similar to Mighty's airflow (maybe just a little bit more restrictive), especially if you pack loosely (I pack a maximum of 0.18 grams in the XL stem and 0.1 grams in the regular one). For those who don't have a Tinymight 2 and are deciding between the two, I recommend the Tinymight because it's more powerful and efficient. However, for those who already have it and are looking for a second vaporizer to enjoy a bit longer while watching a good movie (you can enjoy 10 to 20-minute sessions when using it on lower temperatures), then the Solo 3 is perfect for that. It also has the power to finish a bowl in less than 2 minutes if you are looking for that, but not to finish the bowl in one draw like the TM2 (but you can definitely achieve 1 draw hits with the regular WPA adapter). But I must admit that I haven't touched any of my other vaporizers since Monday (22nd April) night, and don't feel the need to (so the Solo3 does the job well; I still consider myself a heavy user, needing power to satisfy my lungs and it delivers that). This says a lot about this vaporizer; it's excellent but not quite on par with the Tinymight 2 or Venty. If I were to rank it among my other portable vapes, it would be in third place: 1) Venty, 2) Tinymight 2, 3) Solo 3, 4) Mighty. All it lacks is a bit more airflow, which probably would have allowed it to surpass the Tinymight 2 by adding more power to the draw (if the heater can handle it). Also, it's important to remember that it's not a true on-demand vape like the Tinymight 2; the Solo3 has 20% conduction, so after heating the bowl, it takes a good 20 to 30 seconds for the temperature to drop to a level where there's no more extraction, so you either need to remove the stem right after your hit to stop the extraction or continue taking 3-4 additional hits while the temperature drops. I like it because even with my Tinymight 2, I try to take at least 3-4 hits before setting it down. But for those who want to settle for just one hit and set it down without removing the stem, it's not the best choice because the herb will continue to be heated for about twenty seconds after the first hit. Even if you reduce the heating time to a minimum, meaning 5 seconds, the 20% conduction will still have an extraction effect after the heating ends, so it's not a pure "on-demand" like the Tinymight 2.

Part 2 of the review: I discovered something interesting with the Solo 3 that I would like to share with you (it could influence your choice for a new vaporizer). Yesterday, at a friend's house, the Solo 3 battery had dropped to bars and it was flashing red, so I decided to charge it with a USB-C cable found there. I plugged in the Solo 3, but the screen stayed black, nothing happened (it was a 65-watt charger). I tried another old USB-C cable (5 watts, 5 volts at 1 amp), but that didn't work either. When I got home, I used the USB-C cable provided with the Solo 3, and everything worked. I realized that the Solo 3 only charges with USB-C cables plugged into a 15-watt charger, which is 5 volts at 3 amps. If it's not a 15-watt charger (5 volts at 3 amps), it won't work. So yes, the Solo 3 uses a USB-C cable, but the proprietary charger problem remains (as with the Solo 1 and 2). If you don't have a 15-watt charger, you won't be able to charge your Solo 3, so you always need to have the right charger with you. So they provided us with a USB-C port without the flexibility that comes with it, so it's still all about marketing. Their USB-C is equivalent to a micro-usb or any proprietary charger (when the goal of a USB-C charger is to provide flexibility, to be able to charge the device from any USB-C charger, like the Mighty+ or the Tinymight 2). But it's not a game-changer for me and I still love my Solo 3.

Hi, I own a Mighty, Venty, Tinymight 2, and the Solo 3. Here's the ranking from best to worst (although even the worst one is very good lol): 1) Venty, 2) Tinymight 2, 3) Solo 3, 4) Mighty. So, to answer your question, I prefer the vapor from the Solo 3; I find the vapor from the Mighty to be too harsh. Additionally, I prefer the taste from the Solo 3. Here's my review of the Solo 3 where I compare it to the Tinymight 2:

Part 1 of the review: The Solo 3 is similar to the Tinymight 2 in vapor profile but slightly less powerful and with a much tighter airflow. The airflow of the Solo 3 is similar to Mighty's airflow (maybe just a little bit more restrictive), especially if you pack loosely (I pack a maximum of 0.18 grams in the XL stem and 0.1 grams in the regular one). For those who don't have a Tinymight 2 and are deciding between the two, I recommend the Tinymight because it's more powerful and efficient. However, for those who already have it and are looking for a second vaporizer to enjoy a bit longer while watching a good movie (you can enjoy 10 to 20-minute sessions when using it on lower temperatures), then the Solo 3 is perfect for that. It also has the power to finish a bowl in less than 2 minutes if you are looking for that, but not to finish the bowl in one draw like the TM2 (but you can definitely achieve 1 draw hits with the regular WPA adapter). But I must admit that I haven't touched any of my other vaporizers since Monday (22nd April) night, and don't feel the need to (so the Solo3 does the job well; I still consider myself a heavy user, needing power to satisfy my lungs and it delivers that). This says a lot about this vaporizer; it's excellent but not quite on par with the Tinymight 2 or Venty. If I were to rank it among my other portable vapes, it would be in third place: 1) Venty, 2) Tinymight 2, 3) Solo 3, 4) Mighty. All it lacks is a bit more airflow, which probably would have allowed it to surpass the Tinymight 2 by adding more power to the draw (if the heater can handle it). Also, it's important to remember that it's not a true on-demand vape like the Tinymight 2; the Solo 3 has 20% conduction, so after heating the bowl, it takes a good 20 to 30 seconds for the temperature to drop to a level where there's no more extraction, so you either need to remove the stem right after your hit to stop the extraction or continue taking 3-4 additional hits while the temperature drops. I like it because even with my Tinymight 2, I try to take at least 3-4 hits before setting it down. But for those who want to settle for just one hit and set it down without removing the stem, it's not the best choice because the herb will continue to be heated for about twenty seconds after the first hit. Even if you reduce the heating time to a minimum, meaning 5 seconds, the 20% conduction will still have an extraction effect after the heating ends, so it's not a pure "on-demand" like the Tinymight 2.

Part 2 of the review: I discovered something interesting with the Solo 3 that I would like to share with you (it could influence your choice for a new vaporizer). Yesterday, at a friend's house, the Solo 3 battery had dropped to bars and it was flashing red, so I decided to charge it with a USB-C cable found there. I plugged in the Solo 3, but the screen stayed black, nothing happened (it was a 65-watt charger). I tried another old USB-C cable (5 watts, 5 volts at 1 amp), but that didn't work either. When I got home, I used the USB-C cable provided with the Solo 3, and everything worked. I realized that the Solo 3 only charges with USB-C cables plugged into a 15-watt charger, which is 5 volts at 3 amps. If it's not a 15-watt charger (5 volts at 3 amps), it won't work. So yes, the Solo 3 uses a USB-C cable, but the proprietary charger problem remains (as with the Solo 1 and 2). If you don't have a 15-watt charger, you won't be able to charge your Solo 3, so you always need to have the right charger with you. So they provided us with a USB-C port without the flexibility that comes with it, so it's still all about marketing. Their USB-C is equivalent to a micro-usb or any proprietary charger (when the goal of a USB-C charger is to provide flexibility, to be able to charge the device from any USB-C charger, like the Mighty+ or the Tinymight 2). But it's not a game-changer for me and I still love my Solo 3.
You double posted, within your own post somehow lol.
But very good info.
But very good info.

Terpentino

Quentin
How would you describe the effects of the solo3 vs mighty. Are they somewhat similar?
For me TM feels more fluffy than the Mighty than the dynavap. Mighty feels a tad bit more conduction and a tad more body heavy. So what about the Solo3?

Terpentino,
Reactions: Rodney

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
How would you describe the effects of the solo3 vs mighty. Are they somewhat similar?
For me TM feels more fluffy than the Mighty than the dynavap. Mighty feels a tad bit more conduction and a tad more body heavy. So what about the Solo3?

Yeah S3 has more of that conduction as well although you can maximize convection a bit more ime it is not pure convection true on demand the way TM is so it is more similar to mighty session hybrid yet different really from that as well (I'm not such a fan of the mighty aesthetics or bowl or mouthpiece but I like the glass stem solo system like TM)

Cacahuates

I think the venty beats out the mighty+ hands down (completely subjective) so I think a more fair comparison would be between the venty and the solo 3. I think they are more different then similar and can coexist in the rotation.

Only similarity is they are hybrid session vapes that produce great vapour effortlessly and quickly.

Don't know which I like better but the solo 3 is winning the reach test but is still in the honeymoon phase. It does impress every time I use it.

In terms of price comparison i think you get more with the solo 3. If you go S&B I would wait for a sale. Paying full price for a mighty+ seems nuts to me.

Using the solo 3 after the venty makes me appreciate the solo 3 more. I love the vapour the venty produces, and to see an Arizer product putting out on par or better vapour (again completely subjective) makes me smile. Especially when you consider the price comparison.

I don't know if I would appreciate the solo 3 as much if I had not used other great vapes to compare it to.

The form factor and experience is pretty different between the solo 3 and a S&B product. The mighty/venty is so easy to use. Just dump in your material and push a button once, then wait a few seconds for amazing vapour that requires no technique. They feel solid in the hand and I wouldn't feel bad about chucking it in my bag... although there has been a big fiasco about the fragility of the venty...which is a whole other story but mine has been bullet proof. 👊 🪵

The solo 3 is still also pretty easy. Feels more fragile but still pretty solid. There are more variables that can change the experience such as which mode you choose and how you pack the stem. Airflow is way more restricted but the vapour is smoother. Perhaps the S&B cooling units get dirtier quicker and have a bigger impact on vapour harshness?

Cleaning is another huge difference. The solo is the easiest maintenance of any vape. The mighty and venty have a process. Not too difficult, but way more involved then rinsing a stem.

Tldr: They are more different then similar. The Solo 3 hits way above its price and is so easy to clean.

Cacahuates,
Reactions: DadaBoo

popitup

1. Mighty+ [~$320], great session vape, long battery life, press button, get high (slowly). Would recommend an aftermarket stem. Most annoying to clean because of the cooling units. You pay for the S&B name, but the old ones last 10+ years. (I won't buy an S&B product under current management though).
2. TM2 [~$375], hardest hitter out of the bunch, gets you high the fastest. Truly the most range, high-interoperability with other vape accessories. Also the most expensive, fragile, and I hope you like swapping batteries because this burns through them. Cleaning is easy. You'll likely spend money on stems and accessories.
3. Solo III [~$265], built like a tank, long battery life, can hit above its class, harder than a Mighty+ but not as hard as a TM2. Comes with 2 glass WPAs and 2 glass stems that don't require anything aftermarket (also aftermarket accessories are very limited). Cleaning is easy.

All of these vapes have great flavor, and I would pass on the Mighty+ after S&B's change of hands.

I think that "Solo III" is great answer to the question, "What should I get for my first portable electronic vape?"

Cacahuates

I think that "Solo III" is great answer to the question, "What should I get for my first portable electronic vape?"
This is it.

TM is great. But it's way more involved then the other 2. Like driving stick.
Can't session like the other 2 either.

There's also the materials difference of glass vs plastic air paths.

Can't go wrong with all these choices. They are all solid, but like @popitsaid, the solo 3 is great for a first vape. Really covers a lot of ground.

ginolicious

I think we can scratch the S&B off the list. I think the true battle is between solo 3 and TM. Bigger hits on the TM and pure in demand convection. You ain’t getting that with the solo 3. Take a nice hit. And put it down. Tire question is do you want a session or on demand? Also do you want more free flowing or restrict draw. That’s the true questions there. All are good vapes. But what style and ease do you want.

Cacahuates

I think we can scratch the S&B off the list. I think the true battle is between solo 3 and TM. Bigger hits on the TM and pure in demand convection. You ain’t getting that with the solo 3. Take a nice hit. And put it down. Tire question is do you want a session or on demand? Also do you want more free flowing or restrict draw. That’s the true questions there. All are good vapes. But what style and ease do you want.
That's it I'm taking out my TM. I think everyone needs a TM. It's so fun and satisfying.

Cacahuates,
Reactions: simba

Moody

I have both, some dynavaps and a solo 2 max.

For reference, I quit combusting and started vaping herb 2 years ago on the mighty +. Worked great, did have bickle tickle quite a bit but ignored it. After two years became bored and wanted a backup. I bought the Solo2Max. I was really surprised how much the flavor was present/better with the 2Max. Purely based on performance, ok, the mighty is less restrictive and maybe extracts quicker. But it wasnt a big margin of difference in that respect. Depends on how you load the 2Max.

What blew me away was the flavor of the 2Max vs the Mighty. Additionally, its ridiculously easy to clean. You throw the stem in iso and you are done. Mighty is a lot more involved.

So then the Solo 3 released and I bought that. The Solo 3 is in a different league than the Mighty and the 2Max. I've never used the TM or Venty so I cannot speak to that. But I can say that after using the Solo3 the first time (used an XL stem) it lit me up like I havent been ignited since I started vaping. Very impressed. I used the same herb on the other vapes I have and it did not hit me as hard. Likely due to temp and how quick you can extract. The power (batteries) of the 3 really can make quick work of a bowl if you want. It extracts almost too well lol. Make sure you use a screen and dont pack it to the edge because you will burn/combust the portion of the herb closest to heater.

I have no more VAS after getting the 3 (for now). Just dynavap stems, no real interest in TM, or Venty. The 3 has decent airflow, but keep in mind, it largely depends on how you pack the stem. You can push large, thick clouds with the vape. Thicker than the mighty, no bickle tickle, and the flavor is amazing. Seriously, try the 3 at like 335F, WOW can you taste the herb. If you like to taste the herb, you def will. Mighty seemed to lose flavor too quick and burn my throat toward end of session. Yeah the 3 will make me cough if I go too fast, but no lingering tickle/burn like the mighty.

I think airflow isn't a big enough factor here to put so much weight on it for a decision. I guess if you were suffering COPD, asthma etc you may want to consider something else...but personally, I don't think it is an issue at all.

imho, the 3 is probably the best buy for the money at 260 or so, depending on the deal you can find. 200 less than a venty? 100 less than a TM? For me it was a no brainer. I dont need on demand full extraction in a couple hits, so no go for the TM. Airflow isnt an issue for me so the venty was out (especially with the recall and errors and even melting etc). The 3 is a beast and does everything really well. Heats up crazy fast. For the money, its probably the best deal. Have fun and enjoy whatever you buy. Life is short, buy whatever you think will make you happy.

Top Bottom