Anyone Recall the Toyota Scare?

OO

Technical Skeptical
And the incident that started it all was in my neck of the woods on a road i drive on nearly every day.
http://autos.aol.com/article/toyota....aol.com/article/toyota-tragedy-saylor-family
Can you find the contradiction in the above article?
Here's a hint, if you read that it says that it wasn't his fault, read further and find out that a previous driver of the same vehicle had the same issue and remedied it by putting it into neutral.

Here's another article verifying the failures on the part of the "veteran highway patrol officer".

The public needs to take this as a lesson that there are numerous idiotic Toyota drivers on the road, and that we need to demand a higher quality of police officer.
My taxes payed this idiot's bills. His job description included maintaining the peace on the roads, it also involved driving a vehicle. and he couldn't even figure out that if the throttle sticks that you need to put the car in neutral. This is DEPLORABLE!

How is it that someone without the most basic understanding of automobiles has a license, let alone the the right to tell me how to drive?

Now is the time to start contacting your local law enforcement offices and make the request that all officers that drive be competent with a vehicle.

http://autos.aol.com/gallery/saylor-crash-report/
If you decided to read this crash report, please check page 11 of 29, and learn about the reason they requested a blood draw from the victim. Ask yourself if you would have consented to the blood draw for the above reason. Keep in mind, they are allowed to remove your blood, even if you refuse to consent. If they had found a metabolite of THC in your blood, think of how quickly the blame would have been turned to you for the death of a police officer. It's a frightening prospect since they can forcibly take your blood, and juries don't care about how the evidence was acquired, or its relevance. Usually most jurors hear the words "forensic evidence" and think they are being told facts.

Please consider whether this policy (of forcibly taking blood without your consent) is acceptable to you or not, because this situation will likely play out one day if it hasn't already.

OO,

LivingInSpin

I actually knew someone who was involved in a collision that killed his passenger. It was the other driver's fault. He got put through the ringer because he had a case of beer in the car that got scattered in the accident.

LivingInSpin,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
I know it's not that easy, but if I were in a situation where my car accelerated without control, I would try and drive in circles or doughnuts while calling the police to get me a fucking spike strip, I always found it interesting to think about what I would do in this situation, although it really is/was a serious problem that is a tragedy for those involved

PhishCactus,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
Fight or flight may have prevented him from thinking straight, if you believe something is impossible you can get kinda stressed

i rear ended a parked van waiting at a light, I could have turned the wheel, but I was in shock, I couldn't believe it was there

Thanks for the link and the info

Just a Note:
a lot of what used to be used as forensic evidence was discrediting by The National Academy of Sciences in 2009

i just learned that today (and hope I'm not posting something completely unrelated)

VWFringe,
colly said:
It should have been in the trunk.

If the cans were unopened and the driver was sober, it should make zero legal difference if he was driving a 18 wheeler full of kegs.

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom