Anyone fill two-piece grinders are better than 3 piece?

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
As I was vaping and loading my DynaVap I checked my kief catcher and I was thinking instead of collecting it on a two-piece wouldn't you actually get more THC when you pack a bowl since you're scooping it all up? I don't know if I'm just sitting here high thinking about some weird shit or not? I can't remember though it's been so many years since I've had a two-piece grinder.

What's your guys's opinions?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

3pc is chill because the ground herb falls through the holes when it's the right size, creating an easy grind. Kief catchers (which are part of a 4pc) I think are a lame hype, probably over its peak, that is sorta mistreating the herb and is a weird custom. Why mess up your herb all of the time so you can get a few big hits at the end of the week? Well I just answered my question lol but I just have a hard time imagining anyone would prefer that, maybe if you don't have a quick extracting vape.

howie105

I went with a two piece, three-inch grinder recently and enjoy the additional teeth and leverage but miss loading off the flat screen of the four piece. It's a tradeoff, but one I am happy with.

Last edited:
howie105,

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I would choose a 2 or 3 piece without pollen catcher. I am fully stainless soon. Already use a 2 piece stainless.
If interested I would rather have a separate little screen you can throw ground or unground herbs on for trichome separation.

From my alu-grinders with "pollen catcher" I never could collect something really worth it. So why use one. Maybe their mesh is too fine (I'll have to check at occasion)
I'd rather use some printing screens.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I had my 3 piece stolen earlier this year and went 6 months or so using an old head shop 4 piece until I got a new BCG, during that time I harvested several grams of kief that I’m still using today. I prefer 3 pieces, but when I run out of the kief I collected I may opt to run the 4 piece again for a few months to harvest more!

Always good to have options!

Timps27,
Reactions: Knewt

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
I had my 3 piece stolen earlier this year and went 6 months or so using an old head shop 4 piece until I got a new BCG, during that time I harvested several grams of kief that I’m still using today. I prefer 3 pieces, but when I run out of the kief I collected I may opt to run the 4 piece again for a few months to harvest more!

Always good to have options!
What I'm wondering is couldn't we just collect the kief for a three-piece as we're scooping our flower? I too have a great build up from my four piece but I just keep thinking that's all the stuff I lost and I could have scooped up when I loaded my bowl from a three-piece if that makes sense?

PutOneInTheAir,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Gimmicks are garbage! I don't want no "kief catcher" I want those trichomes to go into my bowl! The majority of cannabis "paraphernalia" are gimmicks invented by american salesmen.

You need to use a grinder because buds are not cured, but just dried too fast so they can be sold- that's why they are rock-hard.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
What I'm wondering is couldn't we just collect the kief for a three-piece as we're scooping our flower? I too have a great build up from my four piece but I just keep thinking that's all the stuff I lost and I could have scooped up when I loaded my bowl from a three-piece if that makes sense?

100%, that’s why I prefer the 3 piece for my daily. I sort of liken it to how some people call their tax refund a ‘redneck savings account’; if you live in a place where herbs are expensive or difficult to obtain, collecting a small amount from each sesh can yield you valuable kief that can be used for celebration or in times where finding material gets more difficult.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm sorry guys I'm an idiot I meant three piece versus four piece I apologize I'm not a fan of the two-piece grinders they're too messy for me but about a fan of the kief catcher

Haha yeah, check out the herb grinder thread, this topic comes up a lot, and if you follow the brilliant cut grinder, you see they came out with a three-piece specifically for these reasons as that is their main flagship (they even tried to launch a four-piece that did not sell too well not sure if they will do it again) if you check those threads you will see this debate come up all the time, there are a few people who prefer to have kief saved and stored up overtime from a variety of their herbs, but many of us discovered that was silly practice and it was better to keep everything together with the herbs we grind and use at a time, with something like the BCG three-piece, sometimes if you grind more finely especially with dry herbs you will get more kief mixed in with your herbs, sometimes it will be left behind a bit sticking to the metal walls of the chamber, so you can just brush it out and then you do get bonus kief (from a single strain primarily) to put on top of another bowl anyway

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I don't have a issue with 4 piece in terms of performance or anything. If a grinder I like is only available in 4 piece than that's fine but if I have a choice I'm always going to pick 3 piece. I read something on here once that it's like you really like cherries so every time you eat a piece of cake you pull the cherry off and put it in a special jar for later, yeah it'd be nice to eat a bowl full of cherries but why don't you just eat it along with the cake :hmm::spliff:

Top Bottom