Any tips for dealing with pipe Power-Gunk?

HumanBeing

This is not strictly a vaping question but I don't know where else to ask. And since most vaporists are usually pretty well experienced in most things cannabis, I figure some folks will have good suggestions. So here goes:

Where I am, I can't get weed, just hash. Up until recently, I've been smoking a brass pipe. Whenever I got particularly good hash, I'd always clean the pipe before starting on it, then again when it was finished and I was back to normal every-day stuff. I've kept the cleanings from each time this happened and I now have tons of this extra-high quality tar/oil/stuff that I don't know what to do with. I call it Power-Gunk. :)

It's like an extremely oily hash that sticks to your fingers and leaves dark brown sticky stains. It's not really possible to make joints or bowls with it and I'd imagine trying to vape it would be out of the question. Although I DID manage to make a one-skinner joint (with tobacco) once and it blew the top of my head off but made a horrible mess.

I'd imagine baking might probably be the only option. But I think I'd maybe need to clean and purify it first. And hopefully make it more manageable than it is in its gooey-gluey state right now.

I wouldn't even know where to start looking for tips on dealing with this stuff, so I "deep-end" on you, my fellow vaporists. :)

All ideas and suggestions gratefully accepted.

HumanBeing,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Im sure you could vape or smoke it. Most people report success using a bed of weed or tobacco in a higher temped vape/pipe. I would vote to vape it personally :p

AGBeer,

HumanBeing

Oh, yeah, it's smokable, all right, AGBeer, but the mess it makes of fingers, hands, nails, etc is horrendous. I was hoping to end up with a cleaner-handling substance, or a way of using it that doesn't make me end up looking like I've been living down an oil-well, but if that's not possible...

HumanBeing,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
roll it up in a little ball and smoke it...

Put it in the fridge first and it won't be as oily.
Smoking resin is pretty gross though, I would only do that in a time of famine.

bluntfaced,

HumanBeing

@bluntfaced - it's pretty gross material to handle all right, but the hit is amazing. And that's why I was looking for a way to flush out the good stuff and leave any bad behind. No luck so far though...

@AGBeer - it's not so much getting my hands dirty that bothers me, but what my hands touch WHILE they're covered in sticky black goo, like clothes, furniture, electronic gear, etc. Wearing gloves wouldn't change that, unfortunately...

HumanBeing,
Top Bottom