Any risk of melting plastic while vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pngwyn

So I was using my volcano vape and turning it up pretty high since I have been dry for a while to squeeze out some last bit of vape, but I'm wondering if there is any chance the mouthpiece/bowlpiece would melt? As far as I can tell they are made of plastic, and the volcano can get pretty dang hot at high settings.

Though I'm sure the manufacturers took into account these products would be treated under high temps, is there any risk whatsoever? Say I turned it on max and left it on for a few minutes?

pngwyn,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Not a chance IMO, unless there's electrical component failure.

It is a quality vape, and the bowl & valve components are the best designed and engineered of any vape I've yet seen.

I've left mine on top on full power over night by accident with no resulting problems.

WatTyler,

pngwyn

Ahh thanks. Haha thats crazy you left it on all night and it didn't melt at all, guess I was being paranoid.

Speaking of paranoid, and to avoid starting another thread..

I was reading this article about vaping MJ at higher temps creating toxins? Due to all the sciency talk, I wasn't really clear if this is true or just a myth. Is this something I should worry about? I like to vape at high temps on occasion when I am running low on MJ.

pngwyn,

steiner666

Serial vapist
First, no the Volcano is definitely not going to be putting out any sort of toxins from melting plastic. Now, if this was a Vapir or cheap china-made/designed <$100 vape or something, the definitely could be a possibility, but not with the cano.

and the toxins youre referring to are just a fraction of the byproducts that you'd be getting from smoking. inhaling anything buy pure fresh air into your lungs technically isnt good for you, but vaping is by far the lesser of the evils. and of course the lower temp you vape at the less toxins you'll get.

steiner666,

max

Out to lunch
pngwyn said:
I was reading this article about vaping MJ at higher temps creating toxins? Due to all the sciency talk, I wasn't really clear if this is true or just a myth. Is this something I should worry about? I like to vape at high temps on occasion when I am running low on MJ.

steiner666 said:
and the toxins youre referring to are just a fraction of the byproducts that you'd be getting from smoking. inhaling anything buy pure fresh air into your lungs technically isnt good for you, but vaping is by far the lesser of the evils. and of course the lower temp you vape at the less toxins you'll get.
Truly a controversial topic, since little undisputed info exists. But I wouldn't worry about it. If you intend to imbibe, vaporizing is the best combination for safety and affordability. Whatever toxins you may get are likely to be less than what you'd get by walking down a typical city street, and certainly less than doing something like cutting your grass with a gas powered mower.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom