Any recommendations for massachusetts dispensaries/brands?

DRAG-0n

Looking for recommendations on flower and dispensaries as I am going to be heading through mass on interstate 91. Any places I should hit up on the way and brands i should look for or ones I should avoid at all cost? Tried before but I think this is the better place to ask this question

Farid

I know this is a chiché, but if you have the time go to Maine. The quality is infinitely better and it's cheaper.

MA has laws in place that mean there's very little competition, and as a result the quality is poor in general. That and they have strict laws on testing requirements that results in overspraying of H2O2 and other practices that kill flower quality.

DRAG-0n

Dang, I have heard that, but Im going through there on the way to vermont so I cant head up to maine this time. Hopefully I can head that up there in spring when its nice out.

840_divided_by_two

I went to Neta in Northhampton right off of 91. Great experience. As always with rec though you'll pay quite a bit for what you get. The chocolate bars and live rosin were great. Also picked up some Bliss Skywaler OG last year and enjoyed it.

Madtater

Insa is right off of 91 in springfield. You will even see signs and can see it from the highway.

Theory in chicopee is about a 5 minute detour off of 91

Jacks in north hampton is right off 91 (i really like the vibe in this dispensary)

There is also heka, holyoke, canna provisions all within a short detour off 91. Liberty is in springfield, but i have never been there.

I didnt care for neta. The people working there aren’t the friendliest or most helpful beings.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Insa, Sprinfield is by far the easiest on/off of I-91 that could be (especially if headed south, but either way). Be careful if you gps, there are 2 Insa's in Springfield, I found out the hard way that the med-only is farther off the beaten path - and I wanted rec!

I've also shopped NETA, Northampton, also close to highway. They put on more sales, flower in particular and depending on your timing, often better pricing than Insa.
When at Neta, I also look for Live Rosin they sometimes have. Listed with vapes for some reason, but it is a dabbing form, in a jar. "Southy Adams" brand.

Figure tax to add about 20%.

My very first experience at a legal store was Neta Northampton a few years ago. My buddy and I drove up cautiously, there were several cops milling about at the entrance to the parking lot. One stopped us, and we rolled down the window, expecting the worst, naturally. The cop smiled and asked, "Medical or Recreational?" and directed us to appropriate area for parking.....

Razhumikin

The Heirloom Collective is the dispensary and brand that i have found to be the best in Mass, the quality is a step above everyone else imo. I also really like green gold group, definitely not the same quality but good monetheless and they usually get interesting genetics.

MedMJ22

Probably too late, but the best brands I’ve found and most recommended on the Mass subreddit are Harbor House, Nature’s Heritage and Happy Valley. Nature’s Heritage has the consistently highest terpenes, with some over 3%. Many dispensaries carry each others’ brands, so you can usually find a few at each.

Farid

NETA is known for spraying with H2O2, there were some whistle blowers who used to work there who shared some horror stories.

One time I bought shatter from them years ago, and the silicone container leeched a white powdery substance onto the oil making it unusable. When I brought it up to the manager he said to just "wipe it off".

I'd say NETA and Patriot Care are the only places I'd avoid at all costs.

attackpoints

Just got back from the berkshires so this is not going to meet your requirement of being right off 91. But here are the places I have experience with in MA:

Berkshire Roots: Pass. Selection is mostly their own and the prices feel inflated for the area. Granted, I haven't returned in years after getting some of the driest dispensary flower I've ever experienced.

Bloom Brothers: Good selection, good prices. 1/8 for as low as $25. Can get pretty busy so might be hard to chat if you're browsing.

Cannaprovisions: This one is right off the pike, it is always busy. I try to avoid it because I hate the parking lot lol Fine experience, I only do pick ups here though.

Hibrid: really enjoyed their selection. Went by in the middle of the day so had time to talk about strains. Friendly experience but expect to pay around $40+ for a 1/8.

Insa: I like this one! Also right off the highway. Not a lot of experience here.

Jacks Cannabis Co: This place is recreational only fyi. Prices more typical to Hibrid. I go here for my own convenience rather than quality but the variety is nice.

Kapha Cannabis: First time here, didn't shop so much. But the inside was nice and conveniently located by a Papa John's lol

NETA: have not had good times here, could not recommend.

Brands enjoyed: The Botanist, The Heirloom Collective, Aruna, Ozone, Insa, CommCan, Good Chemistry, Green Meadows, Nature's Heritage

DRAG-0n

Thank you all for the recommendations, just gotta see whats in stock/sale when I head on through mass. Heirloom collective, Insa, and Cannaprovisions appear to be pretty well liked. Cannaprovisions seems to have a mix of a lot of what people recommended: the heirloom collective, natures heritage, green gold group, happy valley, and a few more. Happy valley looks like they grow mostly ethos genetics and I just got through a bunch of homegrown white wedding, citradelic sunset, and lilac diesel x lbcog.
How is cannaprovions smash hits or mile 62 as that seems to be there more expensive stuff, is it any better or even worth it?

Razhumikin

Thank you all for the recommendations, just gotta see whats in stock/sale when I head on through mass. Heirloom collective, Insa, and Cannaprovisions appear to be pretty well liked. Cannaprovisions seems to have a mix of a lot of what people recommended: the heirloom collective, natures heritage, green gold group, happy valley, and a few more. Happy valley looks like they grow mostly ethos genetics and I just got through a bunch of homegrown white wedding, citradelic sunset, and lilac diesel x lbcog.
How is cannaprovions smash hits or mile 62 as that seems to be there more expensive stuff, is it any better or even worth it?
Smash hits is there house weed but it can be suprisingly good. I got a vintage afghanixchemdawg cross from them that was really nice, there in house head grower is the guy who originated the chemdawg strain

DRAG-0n

sounds like that is definitely a place I want to stop by, especially if the have a nice chemdawg cross available

attackpoints

Smash hits is there house weed but it can be suprisingly good. I got a vintage afghanixchemdawg cross from them that was really nice, there in house head grower is the guy who originated the chemdawg strain
The afghani×chemdawg is on the menu now atm. Did not know that about that about their house grower! Makes a lot of sense.

MedMJ22

There’s a subreddit for MA weed called BostonTrees. You can find a lot of recommendations (and a ton of negativity) there. Certain brands have trash flower, but good concentrates and vice versa.

Best flower I’ve had from MA is Harbor House Albariño. I’ve bought about 8 different 1/8ths in the past two months since moving back and it’s the tastiest flower I’ve ever tried. Tastes like a fruit explosion. Insane Kief/trichs. I came from a NY med program where 1/8ths were already $40-50 so I don’t mind the price, as I’m a very low tolerance user. I prefer quality over quantity, but I’ve had some pretty good cheap stuff that my family members buy too.

Madtater

You can find a lot of recommendations (and a ton of negativity) there.
Theres tons of that everywhere….which is why i pretty much hate people

Not sure why people are getting so angry all the time, especially about cannabis. I mean they have been trying to make it legal since the 60’s, and it finally is…so naturally people keep bitching about it.

Some people are never happy i guess….something i will not be bringing with me in the new year.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Just got back from a trip to Boston and wanted to share since I found these recs helpful. I was on a tight timeline so the less detour the better.

Went to 6 Bricks in Springfield, just off 91, highly rated online (and Black woman owned, if it matters). Good selection of live rosin carts (~$50/.5g all in) as well as cured resin. Plenty in Pax pods as well.

Also picked up 14g of house label flower for $50, a Blueberry x Sour Diesel cross too well-priced to pass up. Gifted a bag of dispo swag bc the registers were down.

Swung by INSA bc it’s down the street and they were running a 20% sale. Confusingly laid out and a bit gimmicky but staff were knowledgable and happy to help. Picked up some Peanut Butter Gelato in a nitrogen-sealed can for S&G.

The carts (Good Chemistry Nurseries) were just what I wanted. Will report back if the flower is crap, but I find the baseline pretty okay nationwide (with pockets of gloriousness) and expect similar here.

Top Bottom