Another reason I hate the black market

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Today was payday. What this meant for me was getting my bi-monthly herbal re-up.

Of course by living in a non-medical friendly state, I am forced to go to my black market buddy. Dont get me wrong - I have known this cat for several years and I like the guy as a person. However, I HATE having to go to his place to get my herb.

For starters, when you walk in you are greeted with lots of 'shit'. His residence is rather filthy and has lots of bullshit lying everywhere. Walk into the living room to be greeted by a rather large TV. Is the news on? Maybe a DVD of a cool movie? Nope... Just the changing screen of several cameras he has mounted outside.

Every time I go over there, its something new. Once it was 'I almost blew myself up making my BHO' today it was several strips of LSD that he was seperating for distribution. (Believe me, I was tempted!)
THEN, he gets a little baggie full of white powder and starts capsulating/weighing a few. I asked him what it was and his response was 'mollys' (or MDMA - Ecstasy)

Look, Ill be the first to admit that back in my heyday I did a shit-ton of LSD (It was by far my DoC next to cannabis) But nowdays, I wont touch the shit. MDMA? Fuck you very much.
That and the fact that my life is so much different now. I used to be that very individual who didnt give a shit, or at least lived much looser. I am now in the middle-middle/upper-middle social class and being in those environments makes me uncomfortable. It really makes me sad cause I can easily see this guy getting popped eventually. It sucks cause its my buddy, but it also sucks because he is the only person I know that almost always has halfway decent strains available when I ask, and when it goes down for him, Im sure its gonna go dowwwwwwwwwwn. :(

Maybe some day our government (or at least my fucking state) will get its head out of its ass and make it possible for someone like me to not have to take these damned risks just for the sake of getting 'good' herb.
*Sigh*
-End Vent-

AGBeer,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
AGBeer said:
Maybe some day our government (or at least my fucking state) will get its head out of its ass and make it possible for someone like me to not have to take these damned risks just for the sake of getting 'good' herb.
*Sigh*
-End Vent-

It's time to start growing my friend....if possible. I'm getting my weed from a guy I've known since Dec/88. Really great standup guy, but lives in a shit area frequented by prostitutes and Somalian gangs. I've stopped going there on foot any more; only driving and I'm met at the car, declining to go inside :(

It sucks.

Tom

tdavie,

Nycdeisel

I know how it can be man, and it does indeed suck. Every time I buy more I feel the same way, and wish I could buy legitimately and legally. and growing? not here, NO WAY. I dont even want to go look up the penalties for cultivating in my state to scare myself away from it again.

Nycdeisel,

Raf007

Retailer
I feel you here AGBeer !
As time passes by it's just a hassle every time I have to go refill...like most here, it's not the guy, it's the area or/AND just the fact that I have to go there or there, at that time of the day.
I just wish I could go around the corner in a regular shop...and when I see the rest of the population enjoying the finest strain of wines, beers, champagne, whisky, vodka etc , I always think "what hypocrite sociey ".
I Still do hope though.

Raf007,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Oh trust me... Growing IS the next step and in the larger plan, however - its just that. A plan...

Currently, I live in a non-medical friendly household and an even less friendly state. Although my wife DID say that she would be cool with a grow once my daughter grows older and moves out. But by then, I am praying that the laws have relaxed enough to make it worth the risk. Until then... *Sigh* I get to do it the old fashioned way. Which makes me sad... I like being self sufficient when possible.

AGBeer,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
Damn I'm scared just picking shit up I don't want to try growing again. I never used to put my alarm on because if it went of and the police came they'd be arresting me too. But the gov. can't keep lying forever

wowthisisrandom,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
It's one thing to get worked up over this. Please do the next logical step and write these things down for your congressmen to read, and write the president also. I think it helps. I know it helps in one way: making us feel more connected. Do it anonymously if that helps.

this is the fifth version of this I wrote, much shorter than the first three, please write

EDIT: Yeah, Tom! i hope others write as well.

VWFringe,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
VWFringe said:
It's one thing to get worked up over this. Please do the next logical step and write these things down for your congressmen to read, and write the president also. I think it helps. I know it helps in one way: making us feel more connected. Do it anonymously if that helps.

this is the fifth version of this I wrote, much shorter than the first three, please write

I've written my a) member of parliament, b) my provincial health minister, and c) my federal minister of justice. Signed my real name, job position and address. Distilling the responses;

Member of Parliament: Health is a provincial matter
Provincial Health Minister: Illegality is a federal matter
Manitoba College of Physicians and Surgeons: Cannabis has no/zero/zilch/nada therapeutic value and we actively attempt to dissuade physicians from supporting a Cannabis application.

And for shits n giggles, my doctor tells me that 1) smoking is bad for you and 2) Cannabis is addictive. I have no problem including my real name on this sort of correspondence, but it is so far below the radar in terms of priorities for Canadian politicians that it's a fucking joke. Other than trying to institute a mandatory 5 year minimum sentence in a federal prison for growing 5 plants. Bitter? Nah, not at all )

Tom

tdavie,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Oh trust me, I am already several steps ahead (in my head) regarding this. But right now, its more than just ME that Im concerned with. (Hence why I keep my activities as minimized and self-serving as possible)

It sucks, but currently it is what it is. Maybe (maybe) someday my state will become medical, or relaxed a bit.
Until then... And always remember the 3 golden rules -
Dont Tell
Dont Smell
Dont Sell

AGBeer,

vapirtoo

Thank god my hook ups are ancient, cool and clean, but they can get pinched at any time.
Being older and close to retirement, I would hate to get busted this late in the game.
The legalization situation will be coming to a head with respected members of our
community doing a MLK protest that might bring the whole drug prohibition era
to a halt. Any volunteers for the front line? :o
Oh yeah that write your politician shit is good too, and we all should do it on a regular
basis.

vapirtoo,
Top Bottom