Another Pax has died so it's time for a Mighty upgrade; I do have a couple of questions though...

Vaporhead99

So my third Pax 3 has died on me after a matter of months and despite it being under warranty (I am getting a replacement), I barely use it anymore and when I do I find it too harsh now that I don't use it daily when on my travels as I prefer using my Air 2 when out and about instead.

I am going to get a Mighty Plus (with hard case and extra cooling units) as I prefer session vaping even when travelling and I need a portable as opposed to a desktop, also the Volcano is my most used device so pairing it with a Mighty Plus seems to make sense. I also prefer temp control without an app, I don't want glass or seperate parts as I just an all in one device, I was also leaning towards a hybrid portable device and the battery is a massive selling point too.

So my questions are:

Is it worth getting a WPA like the Delta 3D or Starry ones for home use or do most people still use it more with the standard mouthpiece?
What has better battery life the Venty or the Mighty Plus? I've seen conflicting reports and reviews.

Also please feel free to suggest an alternative vape if you think one would better suit me, thx 👍

Last edited:

cptofnthng

I wouldnt use a third party WPA with mighty or crafty, instead of the cooling unit, because it wears down the plastic in the vape. If you want a vape to use with water, get a tinymight or anvil. Or Adapt the volcano.
Venty has a little better battery life, but thats it..surely doesnt warrant the price difference.

Vaporhead99

I wouldnt use a third party WPA with mighty or crafty, instead of the cooling unit, because it wears down the plastic in the vape. If you want a vape to use with water, get a tinymight or anvil. Or Adapt the volcano.
Venty has a little better battery life, but thats it..surely doesnt warrant the price difference.
Cheers pal, appreciate that response, I don't need the Mighty for water tbh, I was just wondering whether the WPA's were a decent add on however I don't think I'll bother or if I do I'll get the Starry attachment as when I want to use water my Air 2 and Tasty Tube both hit well enough and I have also adapted my Volcano as you suggested too as I only ever hit that through water.

With regards to the Venty I also didn't think there was much between either plus when I see comparison videos I prefer the look of the Might's vapor production so...

Looks like just the hard case and extra cooling units should be enough then, happy with that...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I wouldnt use a third party WPA with mighty or crafty, instead of the cooling unit, because it wears down the plastic in the vape.
This is not fully accurate. Yes, one of the available types may cause wear on, or even breakage of the Mighty housing.

Delta3DStudios version is all silicone (no abrasion) and as such will let itself be pried off ("breakaway") before it can cause damage.
A new one has come out now from POTV, it fully replaces the cooling unit with an adapter that wll accept a variety of glass options, from wpa to mini bubbler, stem mouthpiece, etc.
I don't need the Mighty for water tbh, I was just wondering whether the
You did ask if any folks were using things other than the std mouthpiece. I use wpa a lot with Mighty, but dry, through jhook with dimples and glass balls in it.
Do take a look at the options the POTV adapter allows.
You will find that with a lot of use reclaim will build up a lot in the cooling unit (because the c/u does a good job of cooling!). However, you can get better flavor and marginally stronger vapor by eliminating the c/u and cooling with dry glass. Using a Starry type to connect to your glass will leave a lot if goodies behind, in the c/u and again in the whip or glass piece you use.

But really, if you are set on getting a Mighty, all of this and more has been discussed a lot in the Mighty thread.

Vaporhead99

Cheers vapviking.

I had the Delta 3D studios WPA in my basket but wasn't sure about getting it as tbh I think I'll be sipping natively a lot more, so yeah that's why I asked what people use more (WPA or mouthpiece) as I wasn't sure if for most people a WPA had become an essential accessory however I don't think I actually need one having thought more considering I'll be using the Mighty when on my travels and I already have water set ups that I'm pleased with...

I've made the purchase now so I'm happy, if I need extras I'll get some after I've received the unit and given it a thorough testing, I'll also have a good read through that Mighty thread :)

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
With regards to the Venty I also didn't think there was much between either plus when I see comparison videos I prefer the look of the Might's vapor production so...
I recently got a Venty and it produces a little more vapour than the Mighty+ IMO. However what the Venty really excels at is its vapour delivery method. The airflow is adjustable and on max setting it feels amazing to vape on, more pleasurable than the Mighty+ for sure. More flavourful as well.

If you have the cash and wanna go S&B, don't overlook the Venty, it's up there. However, if you wanna save them nuggets, the Mighty+ will deliver for sure.

Vaporhead99

I recently got a Venty and it produces a little more vapour than the Mighty+ IMO. However what the Venty really excels at is its vapour delivery method. The airflow is adjustable and on max setting it feels amazing to vape on, more pleasurable than the Mighty+ for sure. More flavourful as well.

If you have the cash and wanna go S&B, don't overlook the Venty, it's up there. However, if you wanna save them nuggets, the Mighty+ will deliver for sure.
Oh wow really, the Venty has better vapour? Airflow doesn't concern me and neither does price tbf, the two things I had noticed that did concern me were that the Mighty seemed to have a slightly better lasting battery (I may be wrong) and it looked to my eye that the vapour production was better on the Mighty too, due to those the Mighty topped the list.

I am definitely interested in a Venty though and another reason it wasn't under more consideration is because I haven't seen it in stock at UK suppliers, they're all out of stock or awaiting delivery at present.

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
Oh wow really, the Venty has better vapour? Airflow doesn't concern me and neither does price tbf, the two things I had noticed that did concern me were that the Mighty seemed to have a slightly better lasting battery (I may be wrong) and it looked to my eye that the vapour production was better on the Mighty too, due to those the Mighty topped the list.

I am definitely interested in a Venty though and another reason it wasn't under more consideration is because I haven't seen it in stock at UK suppliers, they're all out of stock or awaiting delivery at present.
Yeah I'm in the UK as well and had the same issue. I was lucky though, the missus got me it for Christmas directly from S&B.

As for vapour being better, imo it is, but I'm sure others will disagree. One thing that I definitely noticed though is that I can kill a bowl way quicker on a Venty, if I want too.

I would say the battery doesn't last quite as long as the Mighty (you can kill bowls quicker though, as above) but the difference isn't vast.

Cdwhit

I’m late to the party here, but some people are still having trouble with the Venti. Supposedly it’s fixed, but I’m waiting to see.

I occasionally use water with my Mighty, but I’ve just been putting silicone tubing over the mouth piece and the tubing fits snug in the pipe (I have a 10mm bowl connection). It’s not elegant, but I had tubing and it works. Also no glass fittings on the tube to break. Works for me anyway.

Cdwhit,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
A WPA and j-hook improve the Mighty a lot in my experience...that cooling unit robs a lot of goodness I would rather have in me.:2c:
I have the glass and hard plastic version WPA, I filed down the hard plastic so the WPA can spin past the Mighty tabs without breaking them if I overtighten it...the silicon Delta3D version would fix that problem but is a lint monster so the choice is up to the user what is important to them.

LesPlenty,

floribud

I'm going to say get the Venty. I've had a Mighy and Mighty+ for about 3 years now. And while the MIghty tastes great for about a minute, I don't really like the flavor after that point. The Venty seems to go deeper into session without losing flavor. I can also better tolerate higher temps in the Venty and the Venty seems to taste better, even on the first pull if you're starting at 390+.

With the airflow control, the Venty is also more fun, you can do a few more things. You can close the airflow to tolerate the highest heat better or you can close it to go ultra low temps, which can be great for pulliing out delicate flavors in some herb.

If you want to use a water pipe, the Venty is way better. It maintains heat much better than the Mighty. Someones gonna hate me for saying this but I find using the Venty with bong at 410 is sort of like using a P80 with a bong, and by that I mean if you have some really terp flower you might thin you're doing a dab instead of just flower.

Also don't sleep on the ALP. I've had two since day one. The draw resistance and the internal cooling path are more like a Pax, but the flavor is in another league

ondemander

Based on Floridbud's reply I would recommend the Arizer Air Max over the Venty if you prefer flavor and longer sessions. If you just want to kill a bowl fast or chase big clouds with adjustable air flow, then the Venty wins. I own both also.

ondemander,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Also don't sleep on the ALP. I've had two since day one. The draw resistance and the internal cooling path are more like a Pax, but the flavor is in another league
This has been my go-to portable for a couple of years. It's known as an on-demand vape but I think its session mode is where it really shines. I use it as a low-temp session vape and it's great, but it can do many things well. Taste and cooling are excellent.

Edit: I should mention that session mode provides a hybrid heating experience. The bowl is heated while the flower is heated via convection when you draw.

Last edited:
TigoleBitties,
Reactions: ondemander
Top Bottom