Am I paranoid? Mold on weed?

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I wouldn't be that concerned about the mold due to the fact that it will die when burned. The vapor from that will then be negligible.

It will die when burned? During vaporization nothing should be burning during regular usage and I certainly wouldn't recommend vaporizing mold, or any plant with powdery mildew, pest/mite issues, ect. IMO not negligible.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
It really can make one sick , particularly for those of us with vulnerable Immune Systems.

Spores inhaled into a patient's lungs may not make an immediate impact, but if the patient keeps consuming mold(s) without knowing it, illness of some sort is likely to occur.

I know damn well, most of us have smoked/vaporized some Botrytis and some Powdery Mildew from Brick that was bricked too early... If not already present in the flowers before processing.

As a member of the most Health Conscious Cannabis Vaporists that is FuckCombustion, it is my duty to warn others of the dangers involved.

I know for example like @IAmKrazy2 certainly would not have thousands of dollars invested in Vaporizers and Glass to simply shrug off possible mold contamination.

Furthermore, there are a few Organic beneficial bacteria(s) that not only provide microbes for robust flowers with much more Terps.

These same bacteria also safeguards against pests, deters Spore activities.

A close friend, used OG Biowar (the name brand of these microbes)

Outdoor, ZERO MOLD, big bountiful flowers

whereskarlo

There's only one way to find out, smoke it!

Jokes aside, the first post doesn't look like mold but I would personally break that nug open (not in your grinder) and check for webs or stringy material.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It really can make one sick , particularly for those of us with vulnerable Immune Systems.

Spores inhaled into a patient's lungs may not make an immediate impact, but if the patient keeps consuming mold(s) without knowing it, illness of some sort is likely to occur.

I know damn well, most of us have smoked/vaporized some Botrytis and some Powdery Mildew from Brick that was bricked too early... If not already present in the flowers before processing.

As a member of the most Health Conscious Cannabis Vaporists that is FuckCombustion, it is my duty to warn others of the dangers involved.

I know for example like @IAmKrazy2 certainly would not have thousands of dollars invested in Vaporizers and Glass to simply shrug off possible mold contamination.

Furthermore, there are a few Organic beneficial bacteria(s) that not only provide microbes for robust flowers with much more Terps.

These same bacteria also safeguards against pests, deters Spore activities.

A close friend, used OG Biowar (the name brand of these microbes)

Outdoor, ZERO MOLD, big bountiful flowers
Very proper point!

I've always been a health nut.

I had an extremely large single plant grow with Colas larger than a fat mans leg!

During curing it molded.

11 OZ'S trashed!

MinnBobber

Like @herbivore21 said, shine a blacklight UVC on it. Carefully open up the bud(s) and shine on it.
Mold will glow bright green.

That's the gold standard of mold testing and it will show mold before it reaches cotton candy consistency---before you can spot it visually.

Be safe out there

EDIT-- ataxian, 11 oz lost....... you've got me crying ;(

herbivore21

Very proper point!

I've always been a health nut.

I had an extremely large single plant grow with Colas larger than a fat mans leg!

During curing it molded.

11 OZ'S trashed!
Oh that is one of the saddest things I ever read bro!

Those fattest, prettiest colas are always the first to mold up too aren't they :(

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Mold should never be smoked.
I waited 11 weeks for a 'demijohn' of a cola to get it's shit together. I had intended letting it go at least two weeks over it's recommended time. Took a good look and fukin mold.
Decked it there and then. Cut out what I thought was all the mold. Cobwebs and brown inner leaves,stems and calyx's. Didn't lose much.
I didn't get it all. Instead it got me. Very ill indeed. No signs of any breathing problems it was the rest of me. I could hardly walk. Massive bruising to my shins and huge swollen feet.
Doctor at the hospital told me it was all down to a lung infection.
Don't smoke it.
On a storage point and degradation of THC etc.
Greenhouse Seeds in Amsterdam deck there plants and cure them for the best part of a year. So anything you may have at the Cannabis Cup from them has been curing since the previous Cup. I've seen a lot of casualties in their coffee shops.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Mold should never be smoked.
I waited 11 weeks for a 'demijohn' of a cola to get it's shit together. I had intended letting it go at least two weeks over it's recommended time. Took a good look and fukin mold.
Decked it there and then. Cut out what I thought was all the mold. Cobwebs and brown inner leaves,stems and calyx's. Didn't lose much.
I didn't get it all. Instead it got me. Very ill indeed. No signs of any breathing problems it was the rest of me. I could hardly walk. Massive bruising to my shins and huge swollen feet.
Doctor at the hospital told me it was all down to a lung infection.
Don't smoke it.
On a storage point and degradation of THC etc.
Greenhouse Seeds in Amsterdam deck there plants and cure them for the best part of a year. So anything you may have at the Cannabis Cup from them has been curing since the previous Cup. I've seen a lot of casualties in their coffee shops.
I shouldn't jump this thread however in CALIFORNIA weed is getting so cheap?

It is just a weed so if I have a failure, big deal!

Mold freaks me out!

If a crop is aborted.
Just buy it cheap.

Don't inhale mold!

Top Bottom