Am I missing out only using The Wand?

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hello friends.

I've gotten into concentrates a bit more (tends to come and go), but have been getting what looks and smells like some pretty solid Live Rosin.
The only device I use to dab (other than just a small portable Qomo), is The Wand.

I'm finding it difficult to get great flavor consistently though. The Rosin smells strong and is around 8%-10% terps.

I can do really low temp and get good flavor, but the hit isn't super full bodied.
Typically, it comes out tasting a bit burnt even if I don't feel the temp is super high.

One possible theory is that it's technically the walls of the banger that is being heated by the Wand, not the bottom where the dab is. So by the time the bottom is up to temp, the walls are probably over heated.
This, mixed with the glass banger being housed within another glass cup, could be burning oils along the walls or between the two glasses.

I iso q-tip after every dab and the banger looks clean, but it doesn't prevent the small oils from between the glass.

Maybe it's just my concentrate, or maybe my technique?

Just don't want to purchase something new if the issue is elsewhere, as I do enjoy the use of the Wand, but I obsess over flavor.
I use a CCG recycler as my main piece.

Any suggestions for people who have the Wand and maybe prefer something else? Or any tips?
I do both cold starts, hot starts, or just a warm start.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Why not try torching a banger?? :brow::tup:
Exactly what Shit Snacks said... IMO consuming concentrates through anything less is just wasteful.

I really hate torches lol but I'll see if I can dig up my old stuff. I've only ever had cheap $10 bangers, and they all have a relatively large base and I'm not sure if that's an issue with smaller dabs.

Are electric all in ones / portables just not there yet? excluding actual e-nails.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I really hate torches lol but I'll see if I can dig up my old stuff.

Haha I am right there with you my dude but this is all that I use it for these days, I never use any of my old torch vapes... Blusky torch on Amazon is cheap and effective (basically a big shot knock off I think)

I've only ever had cheap $10 bangers, and they all have a relatively large base and I'm not sure if that's an issue with smaller dabs.

I take super tiny tabs, I stopped using bucket bangers, now that I have some good slurpee blenders they seem better with the pearl (never used one before with bubble cap and bucket banger) but for both I use very small bangers, not a big bottom base thing that you might be describing... Also I highly recommend diamond hot knot skillets terp nail, You don't need any cap, really great for small dabs hot start (SD Dank has nice ones at very reasonable price not sure if the sale is still going on though... Also lildabbles carries them and others, you can get them from China etc)

Are electric all in ones / portables just not there yet? excluding actual e-nails.

There are some good ones, like the core latest models, other people like a lot of other ones, but I think they are all tedious and not as enjoyable.. but I have a wide collection of heady glass, I have been tempted by the wand in the past for that reason, but I don't really like it for a variety of other reasons so never tried it... I did get a temperature reader for my torch dabbing but it is hardly useful lol

AJS

Calm Consistency
I use very small bangers, not a big bottom base thing that you might be describing... Also I highly recommend diamond hot knot skillets terp nail
Ended up snagging a diamond 6 knott and a 20mm auto spinner with some pearls. Pretty damn cheap on their website and found a discount code too. All for around $40 shipped.

Should up the game a bit :)

Thanks!!

Shit Snacks

Ended up snagging a diamond 6 knott and a 20mm auto spinner with some pearls. Pretty damn cheap on their website and found a discount code too. All for around $40 shipped.

Should up the game a bit :)

Thanks!!

Awesome! Let us know how you like them, I haven't tried auto spinner stuff... The six stack worked really nice, depending on the design where it is from, you'll see how it affects airflow, heat up and cool down etc... All the different ones I have are good just in slightly different ways :tup:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

AJS

Calm Consistency
Awesome! Let us know how you like them, I haven't tried auto spinner stuff... The six stack worked really nice, depending on the design where it is from, you'll see how it affects airflow, heat up and cool down etc... All the different ones I have are good just in slightly different ways :tup:
Also snagged a little temp laser for cheap too just to get a general idea of where I'm dabbing at.

Excited for them to arrive!

I did see the different diamond stacks they had, this seemed to be the most popular, and fit my description more than the smaller ones.
I had both in my cart to give both a try, but shipping is cheap so figure I'll grab another one if this one doesn't feel like it's it.

I'm a bit worried about the cleaning aspect of it, as it seems to be a torch-clean type of scenario, which may be smelly. Smells not a legal issue, but I try to be respectful to the S.O. if she's around, as burnt dab isn't too pleasant :)

The terp slerps looked really interesting, but everything I've read says they're for larger dabs, so I passed on those.
Also seemed like a bit clunky of a cleaning experience too.

Shit Snacks

Also snagged a little temp laser for cheap too just to get a general idea of where I'm dabbing at.

Nice! see how well it works, I think mine is tricky to use for the knot, also a little tricky with the slurper blenders, so hopefully better with a regular bucket auto spinner... Still can give you a sense at least

I did see the different diamond stacks they had, this seemed to be the most popular, and fit my description more than the smaller ones.

Yeah so there are a lot of different ones, SD Dank six stack twisted, is one that I have, and it is more restrictive air flow and gets a bit dirtier so it works well... I got a XL regular six stack to try recently too, put my other SD Dank are plain three stack and they are really good for the tiny dabs! Nice balance of airflow, heat up and retention cool down etc...

I had both in my cart to give both a try, but shipping is cheap so figure I'll grab another one if this one doesn't feel like it's it.

The other knots I have are from living lifted co (not sure how much I can recommend that store although no big complaints honestly fine) and they are a bit cheaper style because they have the hollow tube in the middle so it's a little trickier, but I have two stack and six stack, they have the widest open air flow of course as a result, and the differences between them are pretty apparent...

I'm a bit worried about the cleaning aspect of it, as it seems to be a torch-clean type of scenario, which may be smelly. Smells not a legal issue, but I try to be respectful to the S.O. if she's around, as burnt dab isn't too pleasant :)

Yeah smell result of heat high temp, I always heat high to burn off and clean from the last one, however you totally can dunk these after use just like anything else to keep clean that way more proper... Especially because the bottom area will get dirtier and be trickier to clean with just a torch (I should be better and get a dunk set up finally for myself too lol) best idea is to yeah try to be respectful for when they are around, make sure to open a window maybe a fan and light a candle etc afterward... Maybe it won't be so bad though?

The terp slerps looked really interesting, but everything I've read says they're for larger dabs, so I passed on those.
Also seemed like a bit clunky of a cleaning experience too.

Yeah, it depends on the setup, I have a tiny 16 mm slurper from SDD that is made for smaller dabs (he used to have more detail on the site for the products to describe the airflow and features and size of dabs for each option on the dabs for each option available)

The one I love to use a lot though, is a slurp funnel, I thought it was slurpee blender, but the design is similar to those (some blenders have tracks for airflow on the bottom, I have not tried that, the ones I have have little slits) so yeah I would look into a blender style I think they are better especially for smaller dabs, high airflow and simpler construction, fewer parts than a full terp slurper...

So yeah I clean them the same way with high heat, and it can be a bit more tedious if there is a pillar, but using the funnel or blender with just a pearl, cleaning is not too bad this way... but again proper dunking would obviously be the way to go

Shit Snacks,
  • Love
Reactions: AJS

AJS

Calm Consistency
I haven't tried auto spinner stuff
This setup has been glorious. The banger holds heat so well and really draws out a low temp dab. It's small enough for my dabs to actually pool and swirl, and I just toss a marble carb cap on and don't have to touch a thing, the pearl does its job.

Been getting much better flavor and results all around than compared to any setup I've used.

I got a little 6 inch or so recycler and that has been a huge help as well.

Think I finally dialed in the perfect setup for myself, can't think of a thing I'd change (other than getting rid of a torch somehow one day).

Thanks!

Shit Snacks

Been getting much better flavor and results all around than compared to any setup I've used.

So glad to hear it! Yeah I guess I will have to try these style bangers...
How are you keeping it clean?

I finally ordered these to try being a bit better with that, nice little set:

I got a little 6 inch or so recycler and that has been a huge help as well

Nice! Yeah I think a recycler that is not too big without too much diffusion is so fantastic for these dabs, ideal

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom