Advice for Repairing Glass Bong/Hydrator used with Vape

Rextober

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this should go here or in the Vapor Lounge so apologies in advance.

I have a glass piece that I have connected to my vape, and that glass piece unfortunately, had one of the percolator branches break off in the upper chamber, and now I'm not sure how to fix it.

lUSvF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lUSvF.jpg

So I'm calling on all stoner engineers to see if you guys have any recommendations on how to plug this hole. It's making the glass piece about 50% less effective because the vapor is taking the path of least resistance and bypassing the other percolator branches altogether. Also, if I put ice in the top chamber, when it melts, the water goes through the hole into the main lower chamber, and pushes the water OUT and UP through the downstem and into the plastic tube connected to my vape.

To make matters worse, the hole is difficult to reach because of it's location (right beneath the ice catcher notch).

I need a substance that is suitable to plug the hole with and also a method to apply it in this difficult to reach location.

Thanks for the suggestions.
-Rex

Rextober,

GhostVapor

Sorry to say, but trying to fix that is probably just a waste of time. I think your best bet is to just get a new piece :2c:

GhostVapor,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Sorry dude, you can't fix that.

The only way would be to have a glass blower do it and even that's iffy and more expensive than a new tube.

...maybe one with reinforced tree arms

bluntfaced,

greystr0ke

How easy do those break? I've been eying this Roor at my headshop for a while now because of the percs but if they break easily, maybe I will pass.

greystr0ke,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
It depends on the tube, a roor is likely to have pretty strong tree percs.

You want to look at them and make sure they are well reinforced and nice thick joints.
What usually gets them is the shockwave from bumping the base of the tube on a table or something.
I'll try to find some pictures of good/bad tree percs

bluntfaced,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
See how in this picture you see the glass connecting the bottom of each arm back to the tube in the middle?
That is a good thing

21kw9yo.jpg

It's hard to get a great idea from pictures but go to you headshops and look closely at the percs on some nice expensive name brands bongs and then some cheapos and you'll start to get a good idea.

bluntfaced,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Yes that could be fixed. But as said it it will cost a fortune and you'll never get that arm back. There's even better ways to reenforece trees than that too. Like how vg does it. He braces each arm to the bottom so they are waaaay stronger. The tree above would scare me because it's only braced to itself not the tube. So the whole tree could snap off if there was a big enough blow.

A vg 13 arm bub for reference
c58b8b89.jpg

minnesnowta,

combusche

there's a perfectly cheap and simple solution to seal it up - Devcon S31 2-ton epoxy. mix the 2 part epoxy, use a long chopstick to apply it to the hole. since there are ice notches, you may need to twist the chopstick to the shape that fits through. i've sealed holes like that multiple times with no problems.

suggested technique: put a thick dab on the chopstick, apply it to the top of the hole and slowly spread it across the hole. the epoxy should be thick enough not to just slip through the hole.

http://www.amazon.com/S-31-CLR-2-TO...ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1277628420&sr=8-1

combusche,
Top Bottom