ABV in 160 proof vodka?

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Depends on your preference and your starting ratios. I think most people reduce by approximately half.

Puffers,

Jdog

how well does that sub-lingual spray work Jdog? i've always been curious to make some but was contemplating using glycerine instead.
It's pretty good, I like the glycerine ones too, it's just a different flavor. Glycerine is sweet, and most people don't mind just drinking it as is. Alch. Tinctures are usually stronger on me, and I think it's because of tHe extra alcohol. I usually do cold evaps, so I don't 'cook off" as much.
Also, if you are doing a glycerine tincture you definitely have to heat it to get the thc to dissolve. If you are doing an alcohol tinc you can do it cold.

Jdog,

Jdog

This has been my experience with sublingual sprays they work and pretty quickly too because of the route of absorbtion. The only tincure i had the wasnt noticeably "flowery" was a tinc made with kief and glycerin then flavored with like a mint oil. It tasted like doublemint gum. I have noticed glycerin tinctures seem to last longer than alcohol. alcohol comes on quicker and seems to dissipates faster. A blend of glycerin and alcohol or propelyne glycol is a good middle ground depending on the effect you were hoping to achieve

I am not too sure about eating large quantities of pg, i have done it before on accident and it didn't settle well in my stomach at all. I definitely wouldn't want to do it again, although I do see an advantage because it increases the holding capacity of the vg.

Jdog,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I make both alcohol and glycerine tinctures as well as a hybrid of the two - taste wise people always prefer the glycerin.

Alcohol extraction is quicker/easier and no heat needed. For glycerin I use the candle warmer place the jar in a mug with a little water and takes much longer than the alcohol. The alcohol tinctures work very well but taste nasty. The glycerin is sickeningly sweet but can be held in mouth longer than alcohol for me personally but a mixture of the both alcohol & glycerin...not too bad.

Lo,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
This has been my experience with them as well. The alcohol tincture can kick in within 5-10 minutes or so when the dose is held in the mouth and allowed to absorb through the mucosal tissues. Where as when you swallow it can take more like 30min-1hr depending on dosage IME. Glycerin as Lo noted is much easier to keep in the mouth but seems to absorb less quickly and takes more like twenty minutes to onset IME. The alcohol doesn't last as long as glycerin but seems to peak more quickly and be a bit higher. The hybrid that Lo uses is what I was referring to earlier and gives you a middle ground between the two.

Puffers,
Reactions: Lo
Top Bottom