2+ oz of ABV... what should I do, need suggestions

steven22

Hey guys, I have been lazy to do anything with my abv, but i did collect most of what I vaped for 2010 in a jar and left it there.

the duff is pretty dark brown, I vaped most of it out... I can post a pic if needed... so im guessing it isnt very potent stuff. but still would like to try and make something worthwhile with it.

I tried fire crackers with 5g of herb, didnt do much for me.... felt a small pop and thats about it. and it tasted like ass, and the whole ordeal was messy to eat (too much herb and it kept falling out)

so I think i want to make oil or butter with it... or hash oil...

I dont know, its my first time.

steven22,

steven22

got a pic... used a $20 bill as a color reference.

2011-02-15114637.jpg

2011-02-15114646.jpg

steven22,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
you could make some cannabutter with that, but it'll still taste like ass. abv just tastes nasty. that is about what color mine is - pretty drained so you need a lot for say a full recipe of brownies.

best way for no taste at all is capsules, either dry powdered ABV or coconut oil like this one...
http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1962

second best will remove some of the funk is water curing
http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3596

i've also had luck running iso thru it, harvesting the goo and mixing it with butter, but the taste is still there
http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=4525

you have enough that you could probably do all three.

herbgirl,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I think boiling with butter + water and doing multiple remeltings / resolidifyings with fresh water gets rid of most bad taste. And lets you concentrate into a smaller amount of butter.

rabblerouser,

steven22

The taste doesnt really bother me that much... except in the case of fire crackers cause I pretty much chewing raw heated abv.... and could taste each particle.

but if it was going into a butter or canna oil... etc... I wouldnt mind that much... cause the brownies/cookies would mask most of the flavor, unlike peanutbutter mixed with abv in a fire cracker.

my issue is making sure whatever I make is potent. I disliked the firecrackers because I used 5g (which is hard to eat in one sitting) and it didnt do much of a high for me.

I know the abv is pretty dark and weak, but I have plenty of it (over 60grams) and I would like to concentrate all of it into something potent ... so it would get me high without much effort.

I figured either hash oil , canna butter/oil , green dragon type of concoction?

as long as I can get nice and high with it. otherwise none of this is worth my effort.

steven22,

SundayVaper

I don't know what it's called, but I accidentally made some kind of hash. I was just making swampwater and I had let the concoction sit in a bowl to evaporate the everclear. Well, I forgot about it for a few days and came back to a bowl just lined in a black substance. I scraped that shit off and ended up smoking it and DAMN!

I just threw this idea on here because you said "potent".

SundayVaper,

MacRadish

What I do:

Accumulate ABV in a one quart Ball canning jar, keeping it soaked with Everclear, adding more as more ABV gets added over time.
When full, bring the mess to a boil in a double boiler for about 15 - 30 minutes. A chemist friend of mine declares "all things happen w/ heat" and is the one who actually taught me this some years ago.
Strain off using whatever technique, I use a potato ricer to really squeeze every last drop of juice out of that plant matter.
Continue double boiling the strained liquid.
As this is going on I bring 1 cup of water and two sticks of butter to a gentle boil.
As the Everclear boils off the resultant liquid will start getting syrupy, this is my queue to dump this syrup into the gently boiling water/butter. (I actually pour back and forth between pots to make sure the water/butter mixture laps up every drop of syrup from the double boiler).
Continue with gentle heating for another few minutes, stirring.
Pour hot water/butter/syrup mixture into a Gladware disposable 3 cup type container, put it where it won't be disturbed in the fridge.
Following day pour off water, pop out cannabutter and cut in half to make back your two sticks butter.

I found a box of Kodiak Cakes Bear Country Cookie Mix, all natural and all you need to add is a stick of [canna]butter and an egg, for $3 in my local Big Lots (retail $5.75). This mix absolutely rules for this task.

I roll 24 one ounce balls with this mix.

One of the resultant 24 cookies made with a stick of this butter is very potent and yes it will taste like weed and have a greenish hue but I'm told the chlorophyll is actually good for ya. If you doubt your ABV is potent enough use only one stick of butter per quart ABV.

My ABV is accumulated from a VG and SSV and is not really too dark of a brown. YMMV.

MacRadish,

Nycdeisel

as you can see, members around here love to make a variety of different things with their AVB.

There are butter/oil, capsules, tinctures, hash, and many variations of those recipes to choose from, a lot of it is personal preference depending on how you wish to ingest it.

Myself: my next batch is gonna be all QWISO, I have decided. Tried making some butter with it last time. But I didnt plan it well(it worked, but I didnt put it on anything)

and your firecracker probably just didnt work because you didnt make it right.

Nycdeisel,

hereatlast

You could use coconut oil as a solvent and turn that into a salve for topical ointment. I've had great success with this and made a dedicated thread for the project in the the "Cooking" forum.

hereatlast,
Top Bottom