"unchilled highness"

Giftkralle

Hi Guys,

I was smoking weed since I was 18 stopped when I was 23 because I did not like it anymore.
Now that I am 27 I want to go back to vaping.
I already have a standard vape.

Started vaping again some days ago and had the funniest laughings I had for a while (180°C 0.05G bowls)

So I started vaping on 180°C with 0.05 or something, was chill and did this for some days.
Yesterday I had like 3 small mini bowls with 0.05 as said, was super chill nothing special.

Then I decided to get a 4 one and vape it on 200° 0.05 or so not very much like very very little.

But it got me so high, that I had to stop being on the computer and running up the appartement for like 35 minutes.
It was super unchill and I had a very bad body feeling.
It was almost like I could feel the THC hitting in my brain.

When I was younger I never had this issues - I could smoke 0.5g in one J and didn't had bad feelings like this..

Can anyone tell me what to do about this?

I know for a fact the weed is clean (self grown from a friend of mine)

Maybe try 1:1?

Thanks in advance guys :)!

Giftkralle,

Radwin Bodnic

Hey,

There are a few things that comes to my mind reading your post.

Yesterday I had like 3 small mini bowls with 0.05 as said, was super chill nothing special.
Have you changed the strain you use ?
What vaporizer do you use ? Have you cleaned it recently ?

Depending on how it was cured, some strains will need more heat than others...

Also the difference in effects you had reminds me of two things : different strain or tolerance.

The use of THC doesn't affect the numbers of CB1 and CB2 receptors in our body but we develop a tolerance to its effects. Meaning that overtime the same amount won't be as effective as it was before.

A T-break (at least 4 weeks according to a study I can't find right now) could help you to find the effects you liked again.

Edit :
Our state of mind when consuming also have a big impact on the psychotropic effects we experience.

Giftkralle

I did not changed the strain.

I didnt smoked / vaped for some years.
I just started recently except for silvester I did vape there too and was getting a little paranoia? too.
But I did a break for 5 Months now and I am getting chill high when I put 0.05 in the vape and drawing 2 - 3 times at 180-190.
It's like a very very small chill high.
But then I started at 200° with fresh bud and draw 4-5 times and got super unchill, hyper, and wanted to end the high immediately...

The vape is a Wolkenkraft Äris Ultra. I clean it everytime I use it so its clean af..

I doubt I have tolerances.

But this bad feeling shouldn't be normal.
There are people smoking 0.5g for the first time and don't feel like I did last night.

It's frustrating :D..

Giftkralle,

Radwin Bodnic

Temperature also can have an effect on the high you get. @200°C there is much more THC converted into CBN than @180°C.

Maybe you should stick to 180°C and chain a second bowl if the effect aren't strong enough ?

I'm really thinking that you have changed the strain you vape and that this one does not suit you...

Radwin Bodnic,

Giftkralle

Maybe I should stay with 180°C then.
But it's still kind of strange.

I mean I cant remember the last strain I smoked / vaped as its years from now in the past :D.

The state of mind thing you mentioned, I had a near death experience like shock some years ago.
I had a very bad life from then on for like 6 months, everything would get me stressed out.
And I had panic attacks when I did the most normal things.

But I didn't had any problems like this for years.

Yesterday I was like having a good day and nothing bad or smth happened.

I am ofc a hard thinking person - but I would assume that my "state of mind" is not bad at all.

So I doubt that it is this, as I could clearly feel how I got higher and higher to a point where it was just way too much for me to handle and "chill" you know?

Is it allowed to share pictures of the bud here?
As another friend said maybe it is molded?

I have a 200x microscope and took pictures of it, I don't know if I can share them here?

Radwin Bodnic

Is it allowed to share pictures of the bud here?
As another friend said maybe it is molded?

I have a 200x microscope and took pictures of it, I don't know if I can share them here?
Yes you can !
You need to use a hostage service like imgbb or postimg and then put the url of the image in the image attachment tool

Last edited:
Radwin Bodnic,

Giftkralle

Yes you can !
You need to use a hostage service like imgbb or postimg and then put the url of the image in the image attachment tool

Last edited:
Giftkralle,

Giftkralle

Maybe I should mention that, I started vaping at 4pm yesterday and vaped the last at 11:45pm.

Maybe it will make a difference? IDK.

Giftkralle,

Giftkralle

Atleast the weed is clean :D

Just vaped 180° very little bud and it's chill. But with a small tone of paranoia. But just a little bit. Maybe ur right and it's the strain.

Giftkralle,

el sargantano

Hi @Giftkralle
Would be your friend grower's strain a racy sativa as amnesia haze by the way? Or possibly any other weed that makes your brain go into anxious mode after a creative phase?
A few years ago, during lockdown I vaped a lot of sativa (strong amnesia mainly) and checking it with friends some of them told me they had to switch that strain due to feelings resembling the case you illustrate.
I normally keep my temps low in a sativy freshy mint flavour vs quick temp stepping for sweety indica strains (this last only after dinner).
Don't push yourself too much and go outside for a walk, mental weel being relays on body & mind together.
Wish you luck

Giftkralle

Hi @Giftkralle
Would be your friend grower's strain a racy sativa as amnesia haze by the way? Or possibly any other weed that makes your brain go into anxious mode after a creative phase?
A few years ago, during lockdown I vaped a lot of sativa (strong amnesia mainly) and checking it with friends some of them told me they had to switch that strain due to feelings resembling the case you illustrate.
I normally keep my temps low in a sativy freshy mint flavour vs quick temp stepping for sweety indica strains (this last only after dinner).
Don't push yourself too much and go outside for a walk, mental weel being relays on body & mind together.
Wish you luck
I will ask him what strain it was.
Thank you I get hope from your post. Really appreciate it. I am also thinking of getting a better vaporizer like the Enano. It's on sale atm. Sadly I live in Europe and I have to pay customs.

maremaresing

It's just that you used a higher temp, which extracts more of the effects that are extracted at higher temperatures. This is confirmed by your describing it as a "bad body high". Maybe you don't like CBD and stuff, which is what lives at those temperatures.

I LOVE that body high and getting full spectrum effects (like smoking), and tend to feel awful if I just vape at lower temperatures. So high temp vaping is my jam. The nice thing about vapes like yours is you can pick the temp you vape at to exclude what you don't want. Just know you are leaving effects/chemicals on the table when you do.

Vapes hit much harder than smoking, too. You just got too high. It's okay.

Farid

I think much of it has to do with tolerance. I experience the same problem. It started after I cut back my usage. The only solution I've come up with is to smoke miniscule quantities (like barely cover the screen of a dynavap miniscule). The other solution would be to build my tolerance back up by smoking through the anxiety, but that's impossible with my career path.

I can take 1 hit, once a day in the evening and stay relatively grounded - though I still get absolutely blasted.

It probably doesn't help that I'm using the same Haze strain that I've had for years.

CANtalk

Some people are more susceptible to the racy effects from vaping cannabis (often regardless of strain). And these things can present inconsistently as well. Pay attention to your vaping routine & amounts, & see how it goes over more time, like weeks to months.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:
Top Bottom