Mighty vaporizer questions

Buds Aldrin

Hi all, after solely relying on the Firefly 2 for vaporization for the past 4 years, I am now looking to upgrade to another vape. I have narrowed it down to the mighty vape, but due to the very steep price tag, I need to be 100% certain that it is the right purchase.
Firstly, what is the official max temperature of the mighty? I am receiving conflicting reports on this. Some people say it can only go up to a maximum of 200 degrees C normally, and 210 degrees C when using boost. But I also read somewhere that you can achieve 230 degrees C?? Is there a new latest model whereby the max temperature has been increased? Achieving higher than 210 is very important to me. I find the ideal temperature is around 220 - 225 degrees C, that way you can derive the full spectrum of psychoactive cannabinoids from your herb, as THCV does not vaporize below 220 degrees C.
Secondly, battery replacement. Now we all know that all batteries in all electronic devices, rechargeable or otherwise, have a finite lifespan. Therefore what the heck do you do with the mighty vape when the battery eventually dies, because it is, as far as I am aware, a non-replaceable battery. Or can it be replaced somehow? I have a bad feeling that the only way to deal with a dead mighty battery is to buy a whole new device. Sigh....

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I got my Mighty last November, Black Friday sale from PIU. AFAIK it is the most current model.

210C is the max temp. That's where I leave mine. Boost takes you up 15C from your current temp but only up to the 210C max. You can check out the instruction manual on the SB website downloads.

Check out JCat's thread on replacement batteries. He can hook you up.

Vaporware

I don’t have a Mighty so I can’t answer all of your questions but I believe you can pay S&B to replace batteries, and I know some people have opened theirs up to replace their own batteries but this required breaking in and replacing part of the case...

I think it’s important to point out though that the Mighty’s heating system is a hybrid of convection (like the Firefly) and conduction (an oven constantly cooking your flower). It is not “on demand” meaning you can’t just turn it on and hit it once then put it away for a while without wasting flower and leaving a lingering smell as it continues to cook after you stop using it.

If you normally go through one or more whole bowls at once that may be totally fine for you, but if you use your Firefly just a little at a time you may want to look into more convection portables. The Tiny Might is at the top of a lot of people’s convection portables lists right now, and from everything I’ve seen/read about it (including the whole TM thread) it’s generally earning its place there.

There are plenty of other good options, or if you really are set on the Mighty I hear it’s also good in most ways, it’s just not where I’d personally go from the FF.

Edit: Thanks @Moses Baca, I didn’t remember JCat’s battery replacement stuff. At least ok the Crafty it doesn’t look too hard to do and the case seemed to be in tact at the end, but it’s not a quick and simple job for everyone either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom