Manual Vape Thread

coolbreeze

I love manual vapes! I wanted to start a thread where we could aggregate manual vapes, advice, and info, no matter the heating method or construction material. Wood, metal, ceramic, glass, stone, or whatever your manual vape is made of, please share it here!

I'll start with my O'Connell Infinity Bowl and Flux Capacitor heat diffuser. One of my first vapes was the legendary OWW Noisy Cricket, a vape so delightful it helped me completely fuck combustion while instilling a love for this style. Broke my heart a little to see him move away from his wooden vapes, but he left us with the Flux Capacitor and while it's no NC, it is a great vape in its own right, especially with the half-bowl adapter. Made of Titanium with some glass and wood, It's pretty easy to handle and produces excellent flavor. It also doubles as an injector/diffuser bowl:
IMG-7702.jpg

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I also love a manual vape! I'm glad to be with friends lol.

Today I'll go with my current favourite which is @GoodVibesBoro eighteen mm killer!

This one is so tragically underrated it's a shame. It's like a refined elev8r, which is also one of my absolute favourite vapes. It totally opened my eyes up to pure path vapes which lead me to the killer, amongst other vapes. You need a good sized dab torch to run it, but it's worth it for that delicious flavour and intuitive ritual.

coolbreeze

Have you guys tried the big one yet? The 24mk? I've only used it heated in a coil so far. I'm gonna have to get that one out and torch it.

My first manual was the 2016 Dyna M. Prior to it, tried to FC with a Vapor Bros unit. The manual ritual, vapor density, and heat made it more like the pipes & Js I was so used to. Next year upgraded to the Omni and rocked that for a long time 🥳

My first DV was an '18M tip/cap on a ddave glass wand kit, never looked back. I still use a DV daily, through water if I can. I just love 'em!

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Have you guys tried the big one yet? The 24mk? I've only used it heated in a coil so far. I'm gonna have to get that one out and torch it.
I still need to try that one. I fooled around with coil heating my 18mk but didn't love it. It does work great in the D-Nail Torchless heater but you have to be careful with your tongs.

Last edited:

simba

@weedanwine
Manual vapes ftw!

Original Dynavap M was my first but since then I've got the Lotus, Vapor Genies, Vaponic, Vapman, Tasty Tube, Supreme V3, and Thermal Accumulator. Think that's all of them 🤔

Not the most convenient when quiet is needed but in terms of experience and enjoyment there's nothing better IMO.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
One of my favorites and my most used torch vape! As you said, far too many people sleep in this one. I've considered asking for a custom with rubies, but it's just about perfect as-is.

Yeah I love my killers, I have a 14 as well, y'all should be posting more in that thread though too! :whip:

(Not sure it can be done with rubies, since the whole thing is self-contained quartz)

I honestly don't use manual vape so much anymore, spoiled by regulated variations now, although they can still be pretty manual sometimes... Not as easy to pass around compared to the more automatic models at least

Thermovape T1 was my first, so I'll always hold manuals in a special place, must also mention RBT Zion Milaana and MistVape and triihouse OGs

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
What an excellent idea for a thread.

In particular, I'm keen to highlight the outliers, the odd-bods, especially the ones that don't get much love like the Biovapo, the Dreamwood Roasty or the Kalu infinity.

Or the things like TRWWs quartz caps, or the copper/silver Fmj clones that utterly transform existing vapes.

I wonder what we can uncover from the 1000s of FC pages where this stuff is currently hiding?

coolbreeze

I wonder what we can uncover from the 1000s of FC pages where this stuff is currently hiding?
Black Leaf Vapor Wand?
IMG-0764.jpg

The Vapor Wand had some threading issues as i recall, but on glass it's really pretty wonderful. I haven't gotten it out in awhile, so maybe I'll dig it up.

or the Kalu infinity.
This is a really fine vape I can recommend wholeheartedly. It's one of the easiest brick-style vapes to use and it's a flavorful powerhouse. It's also one of the loveliest vapes you can get, made to your specs. Even the price was nice.

Last edited:

im not a robot

you have truly such a cool collection. this is just the latest i wish i could see in RL. i really like a lot of the pictures you post, some of the vapman on hikes stand out to me in particular. nice idea for a thread. nothing i have really to contribute here besides praise atm - though butane vapes are my favourite way these days, i have nothing quite as extraordinary. thanks again however for steering me towards the vaphit - it might be the perfect vape for me. that and the vapman. and the woodscents. and whatever comes next. but i do like the vaphit a lot.

coolbreeze

you have truly such a cool collection. this is just the latest i wish i could see in RL. i really like a lot of the pictures you post, some of the vapman on hikes stand out to me in particular. nice idea for a thread. nothing i have really to contribute here besides praise atm - though butane vapes are my favourite way these days, i have nothing quite as extraordinary. thanks again however for steering me towards the vaphit - it might be the perfect vape for me. that and the vapman. and the woodscents. and whatever comes next. but i do like the vaphit a lot.
The Vaphit's a great one to post! It is perfect for this thread! ; )

Last edited:

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
While I'm usually very tech-savvy in life and can't get enough of displays, LEDs and other technical stuff, I actually currently own more manual vapes than electronically regulated ones.

In addition to the Vapman, DV and TA already mentioned here, I use the Terpcicle and the 18mm Quartz Cap from TRWW on a daily basis and love both devices more than anything.

I also use my Sticky Brick Runt several times a week, and just operating the device is an incomparable feeling. In the SB thread, it was so aptly described as “playing a musical instrument” - and it really is. A wonderful manual vape and a real beast!

simba

@weedanwine
I also forgot about my battery-powered manual vapes, the Stempod OG and Impcognito were both great and now I've got a Dreamwood Glow which fills that same niche for me.

Personally I'm glad using a manual vape is easier than mastering an instrument 😂 but I get the comparison. It's something you can do without thinking once you've got in the groove with it.

For example, I've never counted with the Vapman. Always just heat it for a bit and then see where I'm at.

olysh pops

The steamwhistle is a manual torch vape. It's made of glass and wood, powerful in taste and cloud, solid. simple to use with its removable ss bowl. i often use it with this little pipe in the photo, indoors or on the terrace. Its wood comes from the black forest in southern germany, where the legend tells us elves and fairies live.

20240513_191915-scaled.jpg

coolbreeze

Vapman for me is the King of the manuals. Not the most powerful, usually, but with legendary flavor, wonderful effects, and true uniqueness. It's an uncanny object, often talked about as though it had life or a soul. I hope everyone will get the chance to try one, they are the loveliest vape in every way!
IMG-7732.jpg

Flower of empathy

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
Accessory Maker
The huge thing about the vapman is, it even works at really cold freezing temps, where no battery will turn on and other manual vapes don't have the added 'hand insulation'
The good old vapor genies are also excellent - iirc a design from 2007
The classic genie is just such a nice real on demand thinking pipe, no rush
Pure glass like Vaponic / Cheaponic are my taste benchmark
The ubie is still on my wishlist, but impossible to find in EU :shrug:

Last edited:

186°

The huge thing about the vapman is, it even works at really cold freezing temps, where no battery will turn on and other manual vapes don't have the added 'hand insulation'
The good old vapor genies are also excellent - iirc a design from 2007
The classic genie is just such a nice real on demand thinking pipe, no rush
Pure glass like Vaponic / Cheaponic are my taste benchmark
The ubie is still on my wishlist, but impossible to find in EU :shrug:

The (OG) Vapman is the only vaporizer (I'm aware of) I would use when taking a bath. I'm saying that not having a bathtub but I had that thought a few weeks ago and you reminded me of it. No hot parts that could burn my skin in case I drop it, and no batteries that could be damaged by water or electrocute me.

sedentree

I'm also searching for something like the ubie. Same form factor but thicker glass to handle the heat of a torch and with a kind of heat diffuser to prevent combusting too easily. I think I'll have to diy one...

I’ve only just seen the ubie but it reminds me of the Dreamwood Roasty, I wonder if that would work for you?

Radwin Bodnic

I’ve only just seen the ubie but it reminds me of the Dreamwood Roasty, I wonder if that would work for you?
Thanks for the suggestion. The roasty is intended as a conduction vape. I'm looking for a convection (direct intake) brick style vaporizer with the form factor and bowl size of a Vaponic (or a tad bigger).

And the roasty is a bit expensive for what it is.

The steam stick form retrosteam is the concept I'm looking after in a smaller form factor and made of glass. (And cheaper of course.)

I'm working on assembling a prototype with generic lab glass parts, we'll see how far it goes.

Last edited:

simba

@weedanwine
Thanks for the suggestion. The roasty is intended as a conduction vape. I'm looking for a convection (direct intake) brick style vaporizer with the form factor and bowl size of a Vaponic (or a tad bigger).

And the roasty is a bit expensive for what it is.

The steam stick form retrosteam is the concept I'm looking after in a smaller form factor and made of glass. (And cheaper of course.)

I'm working on assembling a prototype with generic lab glass parts, we'll see how far it goes.
The VG glass bat seems like it would fit into your criteria 🤔

Radwin Bodnic

The VG glass bat seems like it would fit into your criteria 🤔
Indeed.
What put me off with the glass bat is that everyone seem to agree that a regular lighter works better than a torch. And I don't want to use a regular lighter. And the bowl is big...

Do you have one ? Can you comment on the use with a torch ? How's the bowl size ? Does it need ground material or a small nug can work ?

Last edited:

Flower of empathy

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
Accessory Maker
i have the classic vapor genie pipe, that i mostly use with a normal flame, but i also have the vapor genie coil - kind of the glass bat for clumsy people, works best for me on a glass piece with a torch, i never use a normal flame for that one. Ground material is the way to go for all vapor genies imho

Top Bottom