Cloud Connoisseur Glass

sedentree

I have been asking in a few other threads about possible glass to use with the phase3 zx.

One thing I haven’t mentioned and hadn’t really occurred is that most likely I will be hitting it dry or at least that is my expectation currently.

The reason I bring it up is I’m browsing the various glass options from cc and I noticed the prophet is titled very specifically as a dry rig. It got me thinking, is there any reason to avoid something like the protege if I would only use it dry? What else might I not have thought about?

coolbreeze

I have been asking in a few other threads about possible glass to use with the phase3 zx.

One thing I haven’t mentioned and hadn’t really occurred is that most likely I will be hitting it dry or at least that is my expectation currently.

The reason I bring it up is I’m browsing the various glass options from cc and I noticed the prophet is titled very specifically as a dry rig. It got me thinking, is there any reason to avoid something like the protege if I would only use it dry? What else might I not have thought about?
Lots of people like to run their rigs dry. @Custom Flower Hardware's milk vids are usually dry through a variety of pipes with some powerful vapes. I'm not sure how that frit perc would do but something with a fab section like that, like the Vertex or a full straight fab, aught to be great. Another option would be OGB's standing j-hooks.

My daily driver! Perfect size for bed vaping.
It's such a great pipe. I think I like it as much as my Prophet--I know I use it more.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Oh yes you did not mention you wanted to use them dry previously! I agree something with the Swiss holes is great dry, and the inline frit actually does help diffuse a bit even dry, I used my protegeV2 dry when I first got it and was impressed how well it worked (highly recommend adding s-shape dropdown adapters for more right angle cooling and pathway to catch the debris and alternative mouthpiece options as well which can provide more cooling and change the air flow) vertex is another solid option dry or another straight fab or swiss, and prophet can actually be used in reverse with water as well, plenty of options really

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
New Cloud Connoisseur rig announced: Calypso!

Should drop on the 22nd along with color and mouthpiece options, according to iDB on Discord.

Shit Snacks

New Cloud Connoisseur rig announced: Calypso!

Should drop on the 22nd along with color and mouthpiece options, according to iDB on Discord.

Yessss been waiting on this one for a while, planned this pump and dump recycler long ago, but takes time to perfect a design and now idb is deep into testing for some additional minor changes... Should fit nicely into the lineup as another type of recycler option with different volume and water movement, perhaps mini version in the future too... And the two new mouthpiece options are pretty great alternatives to the standard spiked sipper (bent neck and slant neck options now) Calypso is Queen :bowdown:

Pcloudy

Which MP did you choose?
Wish we could get both.

Edit: the vertical one looks a lot like the TAG vapor rig's MP.
I went with the bent one, I think where it will sit on my desk that one will give me the best angel without having to stand up to take a hit. I use a whip most of the time so I have a couple 18mm whip adapters laying around.

Shit Snacks

pre orders for every one!

Which MP did you choose?
Wish we could get both.

Edit: the vertical one looks a lot like the TAG vapor rig's MP.

Oh I thought we would be able to order both, I will mention that... Should be able to get them separately at least? The vertical bent one is similar to the sky mouthpiece moreso, and the other is a classic slant neck like dab rigs have

coolbreeze

I went with the bent one, I think where it will sit on my desk that one will give me the best angel without having to stand up to take a hit. I use a whip most of the time so I have a couple 18mm whip adapters laying around.
pre orders for every one!

Oh I thought we would be able to order both, I will mention that... Should be able to get them separately at least? The vertical bent one is similar to the sky mouthpiece moreso, and the other is a classic slant neck like dab rigs have
Think I'll go for the bent neck, too. I could use one for the desktop more, I have a GooRoo one (and the whip) for lower tables. May go with clear this time, too. It looks really good as is with the opal.

Wozz

Does the dark green appear less blue in real life?
Is it the camera/lighting in photos which causes dark green to have seemingly so much blue.

I can see the green if I zoom in , but only on the tops not sides.

😁 Then again the longer I spend looking and zooming , the more I like regardless 😂

Trying to decide between the Prophet and the Vertex

Shit Snacks

Think I'll go for the bent neck, too. I could use one for the desktop more, I have a GooRoo one (and the whip) for lower tables. May go with clear this time, too. It looks really good as is with the opal.

Yeah I also may have gotten the naming wrong I need to check the listings what he ended up calling them, slant neck is the 45° angle longer one that I referred to, bent is the double maria (bent sipper is the classic narrow tip mp)

Shit, that is a really good point.

Edited to add: iDB said that if you order an opal with fuming, he can order lighter fuming towards the top.

Yeah if it helps you at all, the pink is definitely clear enough for you to see the marble and opal imo despite the fume

Does the dark green appear less blue in real life?
Is it the camera/lighting in photos which causes dark green to have seemingly so much blue.

I can see the green if I zoom in , but only on the tops not sides.

😁 Then again the longer I spend looking and zooming , the more I like regardless 😂

Trying to decide between the Prophet and the Vertex

The base color of the glass is dark green, the fume is gold and silver, so it hits in different places and affects the color in different places, depending on the lighting etc.

I suppose you could try to request a color without any fuming if you are concerned and want something specific all one color??

Wozz

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for a dark green.

He knows what he is doing. I'm thinking in real life the effect of the fuming will be a good thing,as you say different colour dependant on lighting etc. Thinking that all one colour , could actually look "plain" , not as impressive.

😂 All the talk on the discord now has me wondering about what to go for.
If water is actually there to condition rather than cool, would I be better going for something other than the Prophet?
I only use my TM2 and Tempest. My CC piece will be primarily for my TM2.

I know whichever I go for I'll be happy 😂

onesixty2

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for a dark green.

He knows what he is doing. I'm thinking in real life the effect of the fuming will be a good thing,as you say different colour dependant on lighting etc. Thinking that all one colour , could actually look "plain" , not as impressive.

😂 All the talk on the discord now has me wondering about what to go for.
If water is actually there to condition rather than cool, would I be better going for something other than the Prophet?
I only use my TM2 and Tempest. My CC piece will be primarily for my TM2.

I know whichever I go for I'll be happy 😂

pink 18mm, 14mm dark green, 10mm light green

here's two pics of the dark green mini influx as an idea

Wozz

pink 18mm, 14mm dark green, 10mm light green

here's two pics of the dark green mini influx as an idea
Argh 🤦‍♂️, that pink looks a really nice purple 😂. pink wasn't even in the running before.

Nice one 🙏
Yeah, I'm gonna go with the dark green.

Never really looked into glass before, I am now starting to see how folk end up with several pieces.

Top Bottom