**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 48 19.1%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 71 28.3%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

coolbreeze

Presales are open on the Phase3 Zirconia wireless diffuser, the ZXXL:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
This has been confusing me.

As I understand it, this one is the original weedeater head.

This is the new "B1 nut" being sold through cannabis hardware.

The one that I've picked up is kind of halfway in between. I don't think it's the Weedeater with the Weedeater limitations, but I'm not sure which head mine is, which is a bummer if I ever want to buy the part to make the Flowerpot a traditional baller had.
@AndyO check out the Australian listing, its the old version, we are always versions behind, it annoys me and its why I almost always buy from overseas - this just has a titanium weave screen instead of a machined screen

flowerpot-b1-nut-632.jpg

https://instavape.com.au/products/flowerpot-b1-nut?_pos=20&_sid=ecfb7f184&_ss=r

AndyO

@AndyO check out the Australian listing, its the old version, we are always versions behind, it annoys me and its why I almost always buy from overseas - this just has a titanium weave screen instead of a machined screen

flowerpot-b1-nut-632.jpg

https://instavape.com.au/products/flowerpot-b1-nut?_pos=20&_sid=ecfb7f184&_ss=r

Yep, it turns out this is the "b1 nut" - which instavape weren't able to confirm either way for me when I asked - but it helped me confirm what the actual device was! (Thanks for your help along the way too!)

Despite getting the Screwball diffuser head and the Flowerpot injector head for variety, now that I know it's a B1 nut compatible with current parts, I'll order the diffuser head for the B1 at some point just to have it and experiment with it. (I may get a whole new head housing to get the machined screen.)

I got a new shipment in from the pharmacy in on Monday, and I've been using both ball vapes side by side - at this point I just enjoy every aspect of using the diffuser head more than the injector.

AndyO

There's no real good reason to be collecting multiple ball vapes that do pretty much the same thing, right?

As chronicled recently in this thread, I've had the Screwball for maybe a month now; within a few days of getting it, my mate decided the Screwball was infinitely better than his B1 injector, so I bought that off him as well.

I love them both so much. And with money burning a hole in my pocket + anticipated increased difficulty getting these things in Australia, I can't help but feel like I need the Taroma 360 or the Thermal Twist.

I don't need them, right? This would just be a really unnecessary expenditure? Could I possibly justify either of them?

(The actual upgrade here if I have money burning a whole in my pocket is the Electropath, right?)

coolbreeze

There's no real good reason to be collecting multiple ball vapes that do pretty much the same thing, right?

As chronicled recently in this thread, I've had the Screwball for maybe a month now; within a few days of getting it, my mate decided the Screwball was infinitely better than his B1 injector, so I bought that off him as well.

I love them both so much. And with money burning a hole in my pocket + anticipated increased difficulty getting these things in Australia, I can't help but feel like I need the Taroma 360 or the Thermal Twist.

I don't need them, right? This would just be a really unnecessary expenditure? Could I possibly justify either of them?

(The actual upgrade here if I have money burning a whole in my pocket is the Electropath, right?)
The Electropath or the 360 seem like they'd add something different to your collection. Do you know if the Screwball fits the Electropath well? Fwiw, the Verdavap (or a Thermal Accumulator) would add portability to your kit.

Also I would be remiss if I didn't suggest the Phase3 ZX, an awesome daily driver one-hitter flavor vape. Your current and desired collection can do larger loads very well, the ZX does amazing things with tiny amounts.

AndyO

The Electropath or the 360 seem like they'd add something different to your collection. Do you know if the Screwball fits the Electropath well? Fwiw, the Verdavap (or a Thermal Accumulator) would add portability to your kit.

Also I would be remiss if I didn't suggest the Phase3 ZX, an awesome daily driver one-hitter flavor vape. Your current and desired collection can do larger loads very well, the ZX does amazing things with tiny amounts.

Lol. VerdaVap is on the way when they're mailed this week or next. I guess I should probably hold off and see how I go.

The 2 I suggested are just the 2 that are still in stock at my local store here in Melbourne, Australia. I was tossing up the Taroma vs the Screwball before I went with the SB, the main reason being that replacement parts for the Taroma were expensive, and I'm still likely to run into issues with availability. (I'm not really a flavour chaser, but that wasn't a major consideration.) And the thermal twist was just interesting to me cos it's a different kind of "ball" vape, which is how I'd justify it to myself.

Good suggestion with the VerdaVap though, I should at least wait til that gets here.

coolbreeze

25MM is at 21 or 22 units I believe, really close, kinda what I was expecting.

There’s like 12 ZX kits left from this batch so if you’ve been waiting for the right opportunity, now is definitely the time to grab one. Next batch is at least 5+ weeks out.
The Phase3 ZXXL is a wireless, custom-fit, Zirconia diffuser and bowl, check it out.

Also, do yourself a favor and grab a ZX if you haven't already. They're as amazing as you've heard!

AndyO

Can't stop, won't stop buying vapes :(

I didn't end up waiting for the VerdaVap to come in. Nor did I order the Electropath (yet).

I'd been really interested in the Ruby twist as a microdoser, but hadn't been to invested in it cos I didn't expect to be able to get it in Australia. Bugger me if my vape store didn't get some stock in literally today. Of course I ordered it!

I've gone from no ball vapes to 3 in the space of about 5 weeks...

coolbreeze

Can't stop, won't stop buying vapes :(

I didn't end up waiting for the VerdaVap to come in. Nor did I order the Electropath (yet).

I'd been really interested in the Ruby twist as a microdoser, but hadn't been to invested in it cos I didn't expect to be able to get it in Australia. Bugger me if my vape store didn't get some stock in literally today. Of course I ordered it!

I've gone from no ball vapes to 3 in the space of about 5 weeks...
Sounds like you're on a roll and having a ball!

TedJones

Ruby twist
First I’ve looked this up and looks pretty sweet! Not many retailers out there first glance.
This caught the eye ;)
but have retained a Twist airflow widget underneath the rubies to provide the spinning airflow which provides the super even heat distribution to the contents of your bowl and super fast vapor production

lluther

First I’ve looked this up and looks pretty sweet! Not many retailers out there first glance.
This caught the eye ;)
but have retained a Twist airflow widget underneath the rubies to provide the spinning airflow which provides the super even heat distribution to the contents of your bowl and super fast vapor production
The Rubies Twist is fantastic, pairs well with their microdose bowl too.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Came across this company/device on instagram, looks quite nice at first glance.

The ball vape and bowl are a rebranded Tiodw pro. I've seen a couple of folks reselling them with coil holders.

That's quite a significant markup, but the handle looks a lot nicer.

MTpromises

The ball vape and bowl are a rebranded Tiodw pro. I've seen a couple of folks reselling them with coil holders.

That's quite a significant markup, but the handle looks a lot nicer.
It has to be more than a just a rebrand, all the normal Tiodw diffuser heads are 23mm. These guys are selling a 22mm system. The price isn't bad considering it's competition, imo it looks better than most of the premium bases.

altarvape

Came across this company/device on instagram, looks quite nice at first glance.

Thank you for showing interest in my work!

I would hate to mislead anyone, so first and foremost. Yes, those are the TIODW pro and bowl.

I am an individual vape maker who is making in very low batch quantities, this puts me at two great disadvantages: Individually built units are very expensive compared to mass production, and machined parts out of titanium are ridiculously expensive in small batches. Because I did not want to use a stainless steel airpath; I decided to re-engineer the TIODW since it is a TI option that is easy to modify, and the tests I had done on its composition came back clean.

You will find that the modified vape head hits extremely differently than the original, I spent a lot of time fiddling with customized SS setups to increase the thermal capacity, while still allowing the vape to heat properly in its cradle. the final setup weighs over 4 times what the original weighs (not including the handle), and you will find that the placement of the SS enclosure does a very good job at conducting heat into the bowl and back into the rubies. This leads to an extremely even temperature hit, that lasts a VERY long time. Check out the video on my Instagram highlights to get an idea, I clear a half gram bowl, with no reheats, the temp set to 560 of the PID.

I hope to be able to use a proprietary TI head, and a bowl made by a local glassmaker in the future, but until I can produce in larger quantities I will have to make do, otherwise I would not be able to put my product out at a competitive price point.

If anyone has any other questions about The Altar, do not hesitate to ask!

Last edited:

Jojofernz

Double post but was experimenting with the kettle this morning being a diffuser. I don’t have any normal diffuser bowls, it works great on the Electropath but wanted to try a diffuser bowl but not enough to buy a bowl yet, also worried it possibly wouldn’t work so well? But damn it works great.

I realized my @Hookahhead_MD hammer pipe could fit a screen in it and the kettle can attach to it enough to get good airflow. I am gonna play with the screen position and lower temps as it was getting roasty at 535f which is around where I usually leave it for use with the path. But tasted great and hit real smooth with the cooling spiral.

More tests are needed! First one I was worried it would get hot right under the bowl but second and third no issue at all holding by the top

Vapes are just toys sometimes that leave me snacking and napping

Last edited:
Top Bottom