accessory price gouging, ie dose caps

budski

cantre member
how come I can get Storz & Bickel dose caps for 30 cents a piece in bulk but EVERYBODY else is 3-6 dollars???

budski,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I mean, I have never found any vape that improves from the dosing caps. They are typically too fiddly in my experience. They almost always steal flavor too.

So I say, save your 30p to $5 and skip them 😃

budski

cantre member
I sometimes do that at home where I have a cleaning station, but I'll trade a little flavor for convenience, because dose caps are far less fiddly for me than cleaning out a bowl and refilling it when out & about, at a venue or restaurant, onewheeling/mtb, skiing, driving down the hiway etc...

Jojofernz

The aluminum vs stainless steel makes most sense but I agree! I need more but it’s like $12 for 4 haha

I actually love using dosing caps, used my rogue exclusively without and hated the cleaning aspect and how often it would clog.

Nowadays I only use dosing capsules and cleaning is far and few between with much quicker reloads so simpler sessions.

budski

cantre member
I thought maybe alu was the reason. I do find a taste difference between the SS in the V3p and the gold coated airvape caps; the gold tastes earthier and the SS tastes brighter IMO
and I've smoked enough aluminum over the last 45yrs so S&B is out "no crafty for you"

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I thought maybe alu was the reason. I do find a taste difference between the SS in the V3p and the gold coated airvape caps; the gold tastes earthier and the SS tastes brighter IMO
How does the flavor compare to no dosing cap, in those two vapes?

Grass Yes,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My taste buds are refined, but not super-refined, I guess. I've not noticed the taste of the S&B caps, nor the bowl itself (in og Mighty) in which they sit. Over the years, I've gone in and out of using them, but it's only ever been for travel or some such thing. Around the house I fill the bowl.
I suppose they could be called disposable, but I've never had to dispose of one; they clean up easy enough. If Mighty were my only vape and I was only using capsules, as single-use, I'd be buying like a dozen a day...:rolleyes:
With the V3Pro, Roffu, Starry 4, I haven't seen a need to use caps in any of those...and they are all easy to clean regardless...

budski

cantre member
How does the flavor compare to no dosing cap, in those two vapes?
same; SS bowl V3, gold lined bowl steampunk, better flavor/more volume w/out the caps on both, that's a given. maybe there's just a difference in the airflow? ALP has great air flow that's easy to restrict, but a wider bowl means more surface area where the hot air hits the herb creating a more even, quicker burn = bigger badder vapor, and a longer vape path to cool it.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
how come I can get Storz & Bickel dose caps for 30 cents a piece in bulk but EVERYBODY else is 3-6 dollars???
They are simply stamped from aluminium sheets, most S/S are (usually) machined and S&B originally listed their caps as disposable, that is why they sell up to 400 in a pack.
I like the dosing caps in my roffu.
Me too, on occasion, about the only vape I like them in (Starry4 are good too) as the added conduction can make a nice change from the glass bowl (even more conduction if you swap to the S/S oven as well).
I've not noticed the taste of the S&B caps, nor the bowl itself (in og Mighty) in which they sit
That would be due to the aluminium bowl & aluminium heater the Mighty already has.

budski

cantre member
alu oven and caps and all plastic 10+ year old tech for $400!!! I don't care if the Mighty, god of vapor creates the biggest clouds ever, S&B can keep they're over priced plastic monstrosity, it does look like it's straight out of a 60s scifi.

edit sorry if I sound like an ass, I overflowed my coffee pot 1st thing thus morning and was being pissy until I got a couple bowls in

Last edited:

Jojofernz

alu oven and caps and all plastic 10+ year old tech for $400!!! I don't care if the Mighty, god of vapor creates the biggest clouds ever, S&B can keep they're over priced plastic monstrosity, it does look like it's straight out of a 60s scifi.

edit sorry if I sound like an ass, I overflowed my coffee pot 1st thing thus morning and was being pissy until I got a couple bowls in
I just gotta say I definitely relate to the edit haha, funny how things like that can set us off and bowl or two can bring us down

Jojofernz,
Top Bottom