OLD MATE (formerly Medgrind)

Cacahuates

So it arrived today after a month of waiting. Anticipation is one of the keys to happiness 😊.
It's solid and hefty. Feels great in the hand. Very nice craftmenship. There are some rough edges but I think I'll sand them down if they annoy me. Right now I don't mind. This thing seems like a tool and not a toy.... then the spinning brings some play to it.
It's has some sharp teeth. I bet it could grind walnuts no problem.
It was difficult for me to get the lid off at first but when I realized you have to line it up and finesse it off rather than tug it with force, it comes off easy.
The grind is great. Nice, fluffy and consistent. Very fun to use.

stonedtodeath

i received my new aroma 3 a couple of weeks now and I can safely say that this is the best grinder I have ever owned. It’s larger than all the others I’ve ever had but the way that it grinds with no metal on metal rubbing is something that I have always wanted in a grinder. its bloody brilliant and it’s hard to believe it’s taken all these decades messing around trying to unstick / unclog / clean seized grinders for some clever bugger to redesign it completely giving a whole new experience. Genius.

Looking forward to a mini version too If that was ever a possibility.
The aroma 3 is perfect for at home but it’s a pretty heavy chunk if I ever wanted to take it anywhere.

jbm

So I spilled black coffee on my Old Mate Founders yesterday. I cleaned it with water and dish soap. Now it’s not spinning freely. Any tips?

jbm,

LordOfTheVapes

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So I spilled black coffee on my Old Mate Founders yesterday. I cleaned it with water and dish soap. Now it’s not spinning freely. Any tips?

That sucks, yeah you're not able to get liquid on the bearing without ruining it, so you should probably swap to a new bearing? (only the fancy ceramic ones can safely get wet and dry without ruining the function)

jbm

That sucks, yeah you're not able to get liquid on the bearing without ruining it, so you should probably swap to a new bearing? (only the fancy ceramic ones can safely get wet and dry without ruining the function)
Is the OG bearing readily available or do I need to order from Australia?

jbm,

Shit Snacks

Is the OG bearing readily available or do I need to order from Australia?

Better Bearings are located in Australia:
Not sure you can get them individually??

Shit Snacks,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Ben has changed over to using only this bearing, in color black

SKF Explorer 608-2RSL Black

I think he still has confidence in the originals he was using, but if I recall correctly these have a little more lateral strength.
Sorry, I don't have a link.

jbm

O
Ben has changed over to using only this bearing, in color black

SKF Explorer 608-2RSL Black

I think he still has confidence in the originals he was using, but if I recall correctly these have a little more lateral strength.
Sorry, I don't have a link.
ok, I found those at amazon. What kind of tool do I need for changing them out?

Shit Snacks

ok, I found those at amazon. What kind of tool do I need for changing them out?

He actually sells a tool for it, so that is in Australia lol maybe someone can share theirs with you here? (I don't have one)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: vapviking
Top Bottom