• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Your very first time?

In what year did you get high for the first time?

• 2010-2016

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • 2005-2009

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • 2000-2004

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • 1995-1999

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • 1990-1994

• 1985-1989

• 1980-1984

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • 1975-1979

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • 1970-1974

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • The sixties

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Don't remember the exact year but it was early/mid '70s. Smoked a joint with a couple friends that was rolled with yellow, banana flavored, rolling paper. The weed was obviously brick weed. Full of seeds and stems and trash, tasted stale, and just in general was completely unimpressive. The first time I didn't get high, just saw things in a weird reddish/pink light. The second time, everything worked.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Was 1982... at Castle Park... and the weed was GOOD!

I sat in the back seat of my brother's car. Cheek leaning on the back window kind of starting at everything slowly passing by. Was there music? I dunno... Conversation, I dunno. Do I remember how I got home? Nope.

I do recall a full night's sleep (I've always had insomnia, so my method to get to sleep from that point forward had definitely been discovered.).

I also recall waking up and thinking "Damn, I don't have a brother!" :rockon:

What a great night! :razz:

Esmeralda

High school, 1975? I think? Maybe 74. Stoner friends amused at the straight girl getting high. I still choke on joints (hmm that didn't sound right, but you know, lol) prefer to vape or even hit a pipe. I have still never used a bong! It was okay, but I sort of preferred alcohol for a long time.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
It was the year two thousand. Group of us hid in some bushes nearby the local grocery store. We folded up a tin can, poked holes into the side, and ripped from the mouth of the can. What the fuck was I thinking back then?

Remember buying some Reeses pieces and thinking it was the most intense flavor I had ever experienced. Walked back to my friends house and it felt like I was watching a movie instead of actively walking. Strangely disembodied, we finished the experience playing tony hawk and chatting about life.

I was hooked ever since.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
It was in 1966 and I was 14. I remember it well. My step sister and brother were throwing a party. I got lit and soooo paranoid. It was the one and only time I ever 'hallucinated' on weed. I kept thinking I saw flashing lights outside and that all the other's there were narcs. Must have been a sativa... :lol:

Philreal187

Summer of 2003 (I was 13 years old) I was with my sister at her boyfriend's pool party. I walked into the basement where some people gathered for a session. My sister was not there and her boyfriend offered me a hit off of a bowl. This was no ordinary glass bowl, it was a out 10 inches long and had a guy fishing on one end with the fish attached to the other. Without hesitation I took a hit, acting like I did it before. It was potent and I coughed for like 20 minutes straight. I later found out he had a connect to ridiculously good bud, and actually was the guy who would supplied chris rock more than once when he can to town. From that point on my friends and I would go to my sister with our allowance and the weekends got a whole lot cooler!!

Gregori

CannaBoss
It was 2001 and I was 16. I've never smoked cigarets but cannabis attracted me irresistibly (? does that word exist in english?). Still loving cannabis now that I'm a 31 years old grown up.

That poll is interesting but I'm wondering what's the average age of first experience in this forum?
13 yo as @Philreal187 seems really too young. You may think that 16yo is also too young (I do). But that's another problem caused by prohibition.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Just turned 16 in 1973. Was participating in a 48 hour marathon softball game for charity. Was taking a break around 2am or so. Headed for the tents that were set up for the over-nighters to catch some sleep. Met a girl a year or two older than me who was wandering around the tents, lost, high on mescaline. She was gorgeous. I helped her find her older brother who was on leave from the army. He was partying with a bunch of folks in the back parking lot. He thanked me for helping his sister and got me high on some hash. I was already tired and the hash messed me up good. The sister helped me find an open tent and another first occurred in that tent.

With such a wonderful intro I don't have to tell you I thought I had found the answer to life/happiness and was opened up to all kinds of new experiences.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Glad to hear that mostly everyone had a fun first experience.

I was pretty hooked from then on. I wish I knew about vaporizing back then, but then meh... I was young.

I also had no idea that there were sativa and indicas, and so many different types. I remember times when I got wired from a good high, while falling asleep other times.
I recall hearing about varieties like Mowie Wowie and Wheelchair, but I think it was just legend.

It was Mexican brick weed for me I'm sure. But who cared as long as you had some. There were 1 and 2 finger bags, dime bags, etc. Tons of seeds and stems. But euww that smell. Can't you smell that smell?

Last edited:

Farid

Not sure exactly, but some time between 2006 and 2009. I know by 2009 I was using a vaporizer.

I remember the first strain I got was Jack Herer, and the smell was so distinct I still have never smelled weed like it to this day.

I also remember the first time I saw and smelled weed recognizing it instantly as something I had smelled before, but could never put my finger on.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I was in the ninth grade when I had my first joint - 1973. I was with a group of friends we had music playing and a black light on. Kinda trippy with the black light. All these black light posters on the wall I remember. I didn't really like cannabis that much until I was in my 20s. Like the early 1980s.

It looks like the older stoners are winning.

The gang is all here.

Last edited:

ZC

I was in high school at a party. I think it was 2007.

A few of us had never smoked before. One of my buddies takes a huge rip from a bong.

He immediately throws up. He runs to the bathroom. Throws up again. Passes out. He lays in the bathroom for the rest of the night.

OK man, your turn! I also take a huge rip. The effects are almost immediate. Too high. Strobe light vision and time seeming to move in slow motion.

Everyone seemed to leave the party right afterwards. I was stuck in my friends room unable to really move and just tried playing some videogames. The intro to half life seemed to take hours. Even counter strike seemed slow. I was not having a good time.

My next few times trying it weren't much better. It wasn't until years later when I discovered the medical advantages of cannabis that I actually started to enjoy it.

The first smoking device I ever bought was my vapor genie, before I even owned any pipes. Though at that time I combusted and vaped.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
1983 or so I was 16 and drove my buddy (that I knew from church) to an Iron Maiden concert. When we got to the parking lot he said that our mutual (non-church) friend had told him that I liked to "party". I'd never smoked but I went along and pretended that I was a seasoned stoner so as not to out our mutual friend for lying about me. So anyway, he pulls out this joint that we smoked in the parking lot before the show.

The show was quite interesting to say the least. Watching Iron Maiden mind-rape me with satanic metal from the 12th row was quite the introduction to weed.:ninja: They scared the shit out of me.

22 years later, I saw Sharon Osborne pull the plug on Iron Maiden's sound system (twice) during Ozzfest (they had insulted Ozzy somehow earlier in their set) and I laughed my ass off 'cause I was so high. The contrast of being scared shitless to laughing hysterically at the same band is somehow amusing to me and can be attributed directly to the devil's lettuce.:leaf:

Edit: I forgot about the egg-throwing that happened along with the cutting off of the sound at that show.

:peace:

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Easter 1991 my bro & I went with our parents to stay with some friends of theirs for the weekend. They had two sons who were 14 & 18 who lived in the basement & we were 12. My bro had already tried weed before & knew the sons were stoners so I was quite excited as we were going to get high my bro assured.

Our parents went out to dinner & pizza was ordered for us. As soon as they left a huge bag of weed was pulled out & within a few minutes we were set. First Sam ripped a cone through a Jim Beam bottle bong & I had never seen one smoked before, my brother had one & it was my turn. I was already a cigarette smoker so I managed to rip it in one hit & coughed my lungs out.

We had another few cones & the walls were covered in graffiti tags & throw ups. Man that shit was vivid as fuck & things were getting a bit strange/intense. When the pizza man arrived we started tripping out but it was like mana from the gods to me. I remember how after a bong hit Sam would hold up a can of air freshener & spray it as he exhaled so it looked like two plumes of smoke were flying from his face. I found it hysterical & Sam kept encouraging me & my bro to smoke more. Ended up watching the Last Boy Scout & thinking it was awesome (it wasn't & is a fucking terrible movie). The weed however was indeed fucking awesome.

Of course our parents came home & caught us red handed but luckily they did not go off & were kind about it as it was clear we were all very stoned & inexperienced. We left the next day with a little gift bag of buds to share with a couple of mates & so began my stoner career 25 years ago....

Top Bottom