Your health after switching from smoking to vaporizing

Piruz

Vaporizing, not vaping. The health benefits of switching from smoking to vaping are rather obvious to me even though vaping hasn't worked for me at all. But have any of you (especially tobacco smokers) noticed improvements in your health after you started vaporizing tobacco instead of smoking it (wheezing, coughing, discolored mucus, etc)?

Vaporware

Most people on this forum aren’t using tobacco, but the switch from smoking to vaporizing can improve or eliminate those types of issues. I’ve never smoked so I’ve never had to deal with them (except a little temporary wheezing if I really overdo it).

Vaporware,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

so much better without smoking! tabacco is the real devil, smoking weed is just too harsh for our bodies. no more throat pain in the morning and ability to make sport are great outcomes from switching to vaporizers use..

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
For me the answer was quitting tobacco and not vaping or switching to vaporizing tobacco which I also found unappealing. I believe we have some similarity's for stronger tobacco if I'm remembering some of your other threads? I have been a cigarillo (small cigar) smoker for the past 15 years, cigarettes 10 years before that. Hourly or more frequent user, daily, 24-7! I've tried quit tobacco every which way but this is what finally worked for me was this. I kept cutting back from a pack of cigarettes down to a pack of 8 cigarillos a day ext, ext down to a full bong bowl every hour, to half a bowl, to less, till what your smoking doesn't feel to different from cannabis vaporizing, if your not into thc (getting high) try cbd as a tobacco substitution. It didn't hurt that no one else in the house smokes so there's low hanging fruit. So one day I ran out and it sucked, then the next day sucked, then I made it a week and it sucked a little less, then two weeks and less, this upcoming Monday will be a month. I still think about tobacco mostly in the morning or after a big meal but I know the longer I go the easier it will get.

Piruz

so much better without smoking! tabacco is the real devil, smoking weed is just too harsh for our bodies. no more throat pain in the morning and ability to make sport are great outcomes from switching to vaporizers use..
You switched from smoking to vaporizing (not vaping), and got all benefits you described?

Piruz,

GoldenBud

You switched from smoking to vaporizing (not vaping), and got all benefits you described?
yes. no more sore throat in the morning, can walk as much as I want without feeling my lungs (lately I had phlegms, but apparently it's because of dirty device+drinking milk)

GoldenBud,

Piruz

yes. no more sore throat in the morning, can walk as much as I want without feeling my lungs (lately I had phlegms, but apparently it's because of dirty device+drinking milk)

Actually, if you started getting excess phlegm after making the switch from smoking to vaporizing then it's a good sign. Many smokers (a lot, in fact) start experiencing symptoms like phlegm, coughing or even chest tightness after quitting smoking because smoking paralyzes the tiny hair-like cilia in your lungs that would otherwise keep your lungs clear of any dust, carbon and other junk by sweeping it away in the form of mucus. These cilia start to heal/grow back days or weeks after you've put out your last cigarette, so all that mucus and tar from the smoke starts to surface.

Not sure that's what's happening to you but I wouldn't bet against it. Do get yourself checked out by a doctor just to be safe.

Tell me something though, do you get the same satisfaction from vaporizing that you use to get from smoking? Please tell us more about your journey to quit and what obstacles you went through.

And as if it prove my point, I actually started getting way more phlegm after I cut back (around 70%) on smoking, and I expect to get even more after I (hopefully) switch to vaporizing (more, that is, until the tar is completely cleared from my lungs).

Piruz,

GoldenBud

Tell me something though, do you get the same satisfaction from vaporizing that you use to get from smoking? Please tell us more about your journey to quit and what obstacles you went through.
I just vaporize for the last 3 years already, just having a good memory ;)
Never enjoyed smoking, and never been addicted to tabacco. I was reading reviews from peole who did the switch to vaporization, and the phlegms they blew out were pretty dark/black almost. luckily, the phlegms i had (few days/weeks ago) was almost clear.

GoldenBud,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I used a nicotine vaporiser in one of my attempts to quit smoking and it made it ten times worse. Whereas before I would smoke a few rollies during the day and a few joints at night, the vape made me cane it all the time because it was ultimately unsatisfying because they're crap! I ended up smoking and vaping - awful! Taste buds trashed, health trashed, just a really shit idea imo.

I also tried just smoking bud, but just got too stoned and that was another fail.

What sorted me out was vaping CBD, absolutely satisfying, low temp so much more healthy, also, not really that compulsive, if I have some CBD, I have some CBD... it's in my system for a while and I am sorted. End of story. Until the next time of course ;)

Health wise, I have gone from being able to barely hold myself together running/walking a mile in the first lesson in a couch to 5k, to running for miles over the moors in the space of 2 years, actually less.

Never going back, don't miss tobacco any more.

Calambert

I don't think there is any difference, in any case, smoking is harmful!
As a former smoker, I think that there is no difference that you smoke. That tobacco that vaping has a terrible effect on your health. I decided to check it out before I quit smoking. At first, I smoked tobacco and monitored and regularly monitored my health through this website https://melbournefunctionalmedicine.com.au. The condition of the lungs worsened by itself. Then, I decided to switch to VAPE and continue to monitor my lungs, and as it turned out, vaping even worse affected the condition of my organs. First of all, glycerin filled all my lungs, unlike cigarette tar. That is, what to smoke cigarettes, what to smoke vape, there is no difference. Everything has a detrimental effect on health!

Calambert,

C No Ego

As a former smoker, I think that there is no difference that you smoke. That tobacco that vaping has a terrible effect on your health. I decided to check it out before I quit smoking. At first, I smoked tobacco and monitored and regularly monitored my health through this website https://melbournefunctionalmedicine.com.au. The condition of the lungs worsened by itself. Then, I decided to switch to VAPE and continue to monitor my lungs, and as it turned out, vaping even worse affected the condition of my organs. First of all, glycerin filled all my lungs, unlike cigarette tar. That is, what to smoke cigarettes, what to smoke vape, there is no difference. Everything has a detrimental effect on health!
that is not the case with dry herb vaporizers and dried cannabis flower however ... igniting a plant to smolder ( smoke by product ) creates like 4000 newly formed aromatic hydrocarbons that get inhaled . when vaporizing over 400F only two known aromatics are created tht get inhaled the rest is all of the compounds and molecules from the plant that we are actively seeking with inhalation

C No Ego,
Reactions: Vaporware

Robert-in-YEG

For me, my health went down, but then better than before.

I discovered vaping at the same time I was (and continue) dealing with the death of my daughter. I never liked smoking cannabis and it was my dislike for smoking that moderated my use. Rather than dealing with my stress, I was vaping from the time I woke up, until I went to bed. For good measure I was stuffing capsules with AVB and eating them like candy. Along with this, I was taking 12-14 Tylenol a day, along with how many aspirin my stomach could handle.

I received advice to take a T-break, cut out the NSAIDS, get rid of the headaches, and deal with the stress. I started getting acupuncture, and changed my life. It has been almost a month since my last migraine and a month since my last NSAID. I am definitely feeling better.

Having gone through a T-break, I measure out 1 gram of herb every morning, Monday to Friday. That gives me 5 grams a week. Using a Arizer Solo II, 1 gram goes a long way. Some days, I don't use a full gram. Some days I've cheated, pulled out my Starry and chased the dragon, but I am trying to moderate my use.

Prior to my T-break, I would wake up, fill a bowl with herb and just vape non-stop. I went through more than three ounces in a month.

I have now been severely chastised, and when asked "how much cannabis did you use today?", I can give an honest answer.

At this point, I feel much better than I did. Vaping doesn't make cough or choke the way smoke does. I can also take small does throughout the day. As an added plus, my neighbours don't have to put up with the smell of my bong.

Robert-in-YEG

376110176-common-sense-is-like-deodorant-the-people-who-need-it-most-never-use-it-funny-quote.jpeg

Top Bottom