Pen Yocan Vane Portable Vaporizer Kit for your daily vaping

Yocantech

Manufacturer
The Yocan Vane is the newest device to hit the market, packs a ton of luxury features into its svelte frame. This Yocan item is very portable and fits into the palm of your hand. It is one of the best performing dry devices you have seen to date.

Vane Features:

Compact And Portable: 80*30*20mm
Magnetic Mouthpiece
Ceramic Heating Chamber
Superbly Diffused Airflow
Smart Vibration Reminder
USB-C Charging
Battery Capacity: 1100mah
Short-Circuit Protection
Low Voltage Protection
High-Temperature Protection
Low/High Resistance Protection

Learn more detail Yocan Vane on YocanTech.com

I have 3 or 4 Yocan products and I am very happy with all of them. None of them seem to make it to my daily driver slot. And, yes, like someone said the tips on the concentrate pens are all alike (albeit, what's wrong with that? It makes them interchangeable). But, overall, I think they have great products.

I even started a thread here on the Dive but it only got one or two replies. Yocan does not seem to have a strong presence here like some of the other vape manufacturers. And, certainly not the fan base that others here have. But, IMO their products have been very good quality, competitively priced, and they do what they say.

Trogdor

Vapinating the peasants
Exactly, they all have basically the same design and function.
No real innovation from release to release, but they put out like 12 new units a year.

This piece is actually pretty interesting for that reason, it looks pretty different from most of what they already have.

The size alone already has me interested, if it has decent hits and battery life I could see myself using one.

Salty. Cakes

The Yocan Vane is the newest device to hit the market, packs a ton of luxury features into its svelte frame. This Yocan item is very portable and fits into the palm of your hand. It is one of the best performing dry devices you have seen to date.

Vane Features:

Magnetic Mouthpiece
Ceramic Heating Chamber
Smart Vibration Reminder
USB-C Charging
Short-Circuit Protection
Low Voltage Protection

I am looking to buy my first dry herb vape, I have had the hit in my cart for a few weeks now while I do some research. What is the difference between the Vane & Hit? I wish I could find more reviews online. I swear I need to listen to everyone & start my own YouTube. I rely heavily on reviews before any purchase.
Thanks in advance

Salty. Cakes,

floribud

I just received by Vane a few hours ago. [Disclosure: I got it for free from Yocan to review, but I did not get paid to write this] So far went through 3 bowls. Okay I'm very impressed. First off this thing is tiny, like half the size of Pax3 and lighter than an Airvape XS G0. Yocan can claims convection on this one and they are right. There obviously going to be some conduction in a device this small, so it's probably more of a hybrid, but there is noticeable convection going on. First off there is no way to overpower the bowl. Inhale as hard as you can an it will keep up with you. After 2 3 minute sessions, one at 370º and then 420º there was still a little, just a hint of green in the corners of the pointy oval shaped bowl, so it's appears the walls are not cooking it much. The rest of the AVB was very evenly toasted. Flavor at first was a lot like the Airvape XS Go, but the XS Go taste deteriorates rapidly, weird chemically taste. by the third draw. This one keeps the flavor for the full 3 minute cycle. Obvious taste is better at first, but its not bad, and good enough for me to fire off of high temp session to finish it.

The chamber is ceramic and the screen/filter/diffuser above the chamber is also ceramic. Overall the cooling system works well enough, at least for a 3 minute session on 370. It's nothing like the Vivant Vleaf Go, which feels like it just shoots 300º air into the back of your throat. However take it to 420 and you'll be feeling it. Some might not like the way the mouthpiece gets warm, But I general I think most everyone would find it acceptable under 400º. The only time it got uncomfortable for me was when I did a burn off. I turned it on to let it heat up to 380º with nothing in it. There was definitely a chemical taste at first. I swabbed it with iso and then let it run through 2 3 minute sessions at 420º. Still had the taste, cranked if up to 480º(yes it goes to 480º) and the blocked the side airports and blew air in from the bottom. Did that twice. This was the same procedure that I did with my Boundless Tera, after 4 cycles the taste was pretty much gone(maybe completely hard to say). Anyway at that point, after 2 3minute cycles at 480 while blowing air into the bottom, the mouthpiece was too hot to use,

I'm surprised but I think Yocan has a winner in the sub $70 market. This might be my dog walking vape. I liked it way more than my Flowermate or Airvape XS Go. I try to put up a full review with pix on NewFuckCombustion. @Yocantech can you create an account and start a thread on NewFuckCombustion.com

floribud,

Zephead

My previous yocan died after 2 months and not sure I want to invest in yocan again

Zephead,

ss18

Wish I had a free one. I have a different brand but want something smaller, just not sure I want to Drop the cash on this since I wanted to save for a firefly maybe

ss18,

floribud

Wish I had a free one. I have a different brand but want something smaller, just not sure I want to Drop the cash on this since I wanted to save for a firefly maybe
The Firefly is in a totally different class as far as flavor and cooling. But the Vane is a nice pocket vape when out for a walk. No need to stir. Stays cool enough during 3 minute sessions at 380º. Basically this is what I wanted from the Airvape XS Go, but it's even smaller

floribud,

ss18

The Firefly is in a totally different class as far as flavor and cooling. But the Vane is a nice pocket vape when out for a walk. No need to stir. Stays cool enough during 3 minute sessions at 380º. Basically this is what I wanted from the Airvape XS Go, but it's even smaller

Ok thanks for the info, in scared of the firefly price. I have one from a company called "curv" I really like it, but it's 5 years old And figured I see what else is it out there

ss18,

floribud

Ok thanks for the info, in scared of the firefly price. I have one from a company called "curv" I really like it, but it's 5 years old And figured I see what else is it out there

BTW you can get Firefly 2+ for $174.97, with a free grinder, from Vapor.com with code '30vape' right now

This thread should stop now. New thread is here:

Last edited:
floribud,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I tested a Vane vaporizer a few days ago, it wasn't mine so it was only a few hits while sharing a bowl with this bad boy... not bad at all in fact! Temperature was set pretty high ( we started at 430 and finished at 450!) but vapor didn't tasted like baked too much and since the huge bowl hits was pretty cloudys. Abv came out less dark than expected at this temp but still fully extracted and evenly browned. He had to clean it out of the box cause the usual "new smell" which disappeared pretty fast.
Nice little guy with huge bowl for sharing on the go, my friend put a concentrate pad in the bowl to reduce load size when he use it solo, for the shared bowl it was a full bowl and it was a good 0.25g in I bet!
Except the Evolve-D I tested&reviewed a few years ago the Vane is the first dry herb vaporizer I tested from Yocan and it looks like a good one!

VaporBull

Vane Features:

Magnetic Mouthpiece
Ceramic Heating Chamber
Smart Vibration Reminder
USB-C Charging
Short-Circuit Protection
Low Voltage Protection

Is there a WPA adapter coming for this at all?

VaporBull,

VaporBull

I tested a Vane vaporizer a few days ago, it wasn't mine so it was only a few hits while sharing a bowl with this bad boy... not bad at all in fact! Temperature was set pretty high ( we started at 430 and finished at 450!) but vapor didn't tasted like baked too much and since the huge bowl hits was pretty cloudys. Abv came out less dark than expected at this temp but still fully extracted and evenly browned. He had to clean it out of the box cause the usual "new smell" which disappeared pretty fast.
Nice little guy with huge bowl for sharing on the go, my friend put a concentrate pad in the bowl to reduce load size when he use it solo, for the shared bowl it was a full bowl and it was a good 0.25g in I bet!
Except the Evolve-D I tested&reviewed a few years ago the Vane is the first dry herb vaporizer I tested from Yocan and it looks like a good one!
Been using mine for about 2 weeks and I really like it.

I was looking for something with a bigger oven than my daily driver ( Exxus Mini ) but not too large a unit.
This has an oven as big as my Airvape XS but without the size and shitty mouthpiece.

Good vapor , incredibly small and I like the screen although I've yet to try and clean it. My one complaint is the screen.
VERY hard to see in direct light but so far not a reason to stop using it.

VaporBull,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Been using mine for about 2 weeks and I really like it.

I was looking for something with a bigger oven than my daily driver ( Exxus Mini ) but not too large a unit.
This has an oven as big as my Airvape XS but without the size and shitty mouthpiece.

Good vapor , incredibly small and I like the screen although I've yet to try and clean it. My one complaint is the screen.
VERY hard to see in direct light but so far not a reason to stop using it.
Did it wasn't coming with a huge "new car" smell? On mine early unit it took a lot of time and loads to get rid of that smell but after I found that unit is working pretty well but I have to increase my T° noticeably. I usually start at 190-200°C with most vaporizers, with the Vane I start at 210°F and finish at 230°C to get the abv where I like. Yes bowl is big, to cut it by half I use a wax pad from my Starrys/Arias, I didn't remenber if it came with one pad. Load comes on the top of the pad.
It seems to provide a decent amount of convection in the heating process.

VaporBull

Did it wasn't coming with a huge "new car" smell? On mine early unit it took a lot of time and loads to get rid of that smell but after I found that unit is working pretty well but I have to increase my T° noticeably. I usually start at 190-200°C with most vaporizers, with the Vane I start at 210°F and finish at 230°C to get the abv where I like. Yes bowl is big, to cut it by half I use a wax pad from my Starrys/Arias, I didn't remenber if it came with one pad. Load comes on the top of the pad.
It seems to provide a decent amount of convection in the heating process.
You know I looked out for the smell and even ran a cycle before using to see if maybe that would produce the smell.
Nothing thankfully. I usually start out at about 385F. Mine seems to run a bit cool but the vapor seems good even when I bump it a few degrees. I usually dont go above 390F with any of my vapes.

VaporBull,

Robert-in-YEG

Overview
I saw the Yocan Vane in a glass shop the day after receiving a letter from my neighbours complaining about the smell of cannabis. I can't blame them for complaining. I was pretty stressed at that time and was firing up the bong 3 or 4 times a day. The vane was $50CAD, they guy said it isn't top of tine, but it does work. I handed over my money and thought 'what the hell'.

When I got the unit home, it took a bit more than an hour to fully charge.

Not knowing how to pack it, I ground some weed and packed as much into the heating chamber as possible. I am pretty sure that "MORE is always better" is a sound engineering principle. Maybe it is more than that? Is more always better???

In the case of the Vane, more isn't better. After packing as much weed as possible into the chamber, packing even more with the mouthpiece, I set the Vane to 420 and started.

I tried to inhale. I tried sucking harder, I sucked until my @hole quivered, but I couldn't draw shit.

Feeling utterly defeated and disappointed, I broke down, looked at the instructions, and did a Google search. Long store short, packing the Vane is like an art, and still an unknown art. The Vane needs to be loosely packed; I also took apart the mouthpiece and removed unnecessary screen. Once that was figured out, I can catch a buzz with the Vane.

Lots of hate for the Vane
While I was Googling my packing problem on the Vane, I saw post after post of people hating the Vane. However, this is a cheap, small device; it should not come with unrealistic expectations.

Most complaints are about not being able to draw, but that can be resolved by figuring out the best way to pack, making sure the device is clean, and removing any unneeded screens.

A second common complaint is that it gets hot to hold in the hand. Yes, it gets quite warm, but given the size, there isn't much to be done.

Mouthpieces break because they get hot and brittle. The good news is that the replacements are about $4. Not a huge cost.

Cleaning is a pain no matter what it is. To clean the Vane, disassemble the mouthpiece, soak in alcohol, replace plugged screens, and that is it. For the heating unit, just brush it out.

Points in favour of the VANE
The big one here is price. For someone skeptical about dry herb vaping, its price is an easy entry point. Size is certainly something; this is very tiny. The electronics control the heat, ranging from the low 180's to 448. After use the AVB is a nice even brown. There is nothing wrong with the way it cooks the food.

Battery on the Vane impressed me, in that given its size, it can get through 5-6 three-minute sessions at 360-370; lower temps might get you one more session, but don't bank on it.

If someone is into vaping at home, and is light user, the Vane makes for a stealthy carry. I cannot walk outside the house carrying a Solo II. With the glass tubes, it looks 'drug related'. With a Vane concealed in the palm of my hand, no one knows what I am carrying. It looks like an oversized cigarette lighter.

The Vane will not handle even moderate daily use
This is an ultraportable vape made with a cheap plastic mouthpiece, and that mouthpiece will break; the good news is that at $4, the mouthpieces are disposable. The mouthpiece/screen will get plugged with resin after 2-3 uses and will need to be cleaned. Even after mastering the art of packing and getting draws through the device, there will be times where everything will be plugged up and you will need to repack. Yes, the Vane works, but the stars need to be aligned to get it to work right.

Who should consider the Vane?
So the Vane has its flaws, but it might work for some.

If someone has never tried dry herb vaping, this is an OK start, but for an extra $50, a Starry v3 is about $100.

If someone has a Solo II or a Starry, or some other portable, but wants even more stealth and smaller size, the Vane is worth a look.

Who should NOT consider the Vane?
If budget is an issue, I suggest avoiding the Vane; it is cheap, but reliability is uncertain.

In terms of most efficient, the Solo II wins hands down. If budget is an issue, save up for a Solo or some other Arizer product. The Solo II sells for about $180 CAD at the time of this post. The $180 is a large up front cost, but pulls all the potential from weed, wasting nothing. With a Solo II 28 grams goes a long long way.

While it may be tempting to save a few dollars buying the Starry over the Solo II, it needs to be recognized that the Starry will use more weed than the Solo 11; the difference may not he huge, but it is noticeable. Where the Starry wins though, is size and stealth; it is smaller than the Arizer.

The Vane is fragile. It cannot handle abuse.

maremaresing

Thanks for the review on this! I really like ultraportable vapes, and almost bought one of these last week. I have too many vapes currently, so held off. But I love seeing stuff like this.

Robert-in-YEG

Thanks for the review on this! I really like ultraportable vapes, and almost bought one of these last week. I have too many vapes currently, so held off. But I love seeing stuff like this.
For a cheap portable unit, check out the Airistech Switch. It is in the $50 range, similar to the Vane.

The Switch is not a high-end unit, but it gets the job done. For a backup or a portable for occaisonal use, it is as good, or better than, the Vane.

Robert-in-YEG

4780345_0.jpg

Robert-in-YEG,

maremaresing

Nah, something about the shape and size (and price) of the vane really appeals to me. I like things I can bring with me and forget they are there until needed. Minimalism is king.

Besides, I want to see more ultraportables like this to go head to head against those horrible oil pens. Less waste in the environment, less sticky mess, and same size and flowery goodness.

maremaresing,
Top Bottom