• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Yocan UNI Twist Universal Portable Mod

biohacker

The brightness or existence of the screen is a person preference.

That's why I said "I prefer" lol

I doubt you would find any measurable battery life decrease.

This is what i've been thinking, but again, it's a bright OLED screen vs a single LED, and at 10s or 15s X however many hits until empty, might prove to be more measurable than you think.

@OF I'd love to get your opinion on this as the forum battery pro!

biohacker,
Reactions: OF

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

This is what i've been thinking, but again, it's a bright OLED screen vs a single LED, and at 10s or 15s X however many hits until empty, might prove to be more measurable than you think.

Do you own a USB power meter reader?

RustyOldNail,

OF

I don't think you can really measure this. The power to heat is very large compared to the display draw? IMO there's just too much variance between users, let alone what each individual might use from 'run to run', to make measurement of recharge current totals to give any useful measure.

Just a guess, of course.

OF

biohacker

I don't think you can really measure this. The power to heat is very large compared to the display draw? IMO there's just too much variance between users, let alone what each individual might use from 'run to run', to make measurement of recharge current totals to give any useful measure.

Just a guess, of course.

Hey thanks @OF for chiming in! Always value your feedback.

Usage pattern being identical, apples to apples, would you not say that the oled screen would use more energy than a simple led? Or does an Oled screen use the same (or perhaps less?) power than an led? Pretty sure it's the exact opposite for oled vs led tv's.

Perhaps with this tiny size it's insignificant but i'm always wondering lol

OF

Usage pattern being identical, apples to apples, would you not say that the oled screen would use more energy than a simple led? Or does an Oled screen use the same (or perhaps less?) power than an led? Pretty sure it's the exact opposite for oled vs led tv's.

Perhaps with this tiny size it's insignificant but i'm always wondering lol
I'd expect the single LED to use less, and be cheaper to make. Just not significantly less? A marketing call?

Good thoughts, IMO.

OF

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
YOCAN “SWITCH”: Battery Capacity Test

Ran the Switch down to where the RED LED WARNING LIGHT comes on continuously. As this battery gets to its LOW VOLTAGE CUTOFF, I noticed, my draws were more wispy, and the “white led”, begins to DIM more and more. Device is probably only using a “buck” type converter to regulate the voltage, down from 4.2 volts to your chosen voltage, but cannot boost the voltage. With the extremely long run times at a atomizer resistance of 1.5 ohms, it doesn’t matter much.

EQUIPMENT: My USB Charge tester, “YZXStudio ZY1270”

RESULTS of “empty to full” recharge via USB-C cable from 2.1 amp Apple iPad USB wall charger:

TIME: 1:45 minutes.

*NOTE: The charge rate is showing as 0.48 amps, which is close to a 1C charge rate (fine for a 650mAh battery), a micro usb connection would work equally as fast, but many desire the newer USB-C connection.

TOTAL mAh’s: 0.768 (Advertised as 650mAh)

TOTAL Watt hours: 3.99 wA

This new battery exceeds its published mAh rating, but near the end of charge, beware the potential fall off voltage. This device has NO low battery warning, at the end of useful voltage, the RED LED goes on.

biohacker

Anyone have a Uni Twist AND a Uni Pro? I'm convinced that the Uni Pro preheat is hotter than the S and the Twist. Almost like the Pro's preheat is set to the lowest temp of the battery (2v) and the Twist and S are set to 1.8v. Regardless of which magnetic collar I use, using the exact same cart, the Pro always gives me hotter vape/higher voltage on preheat than the S and Twist. Can anyone test this?

biohacker,
Reactions: shredder

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Anyone have a Uni Twist AND a Uni Pro? I'm convinced that the Uni Pro preheat is hotter than the S and the Twist. Almost like the Pro's preheat is set to the lowest temp of the battery (2v) and the Twist and S are set to 1.8v. Regardless of which magnetic collar I use, using the exact same cart, the Pro always gives me hotter vape/higher voltage on preheat than the S and Twist. Can anyone test this?

The lowest setting on the twist is 1.8 ... Someone said the preheat is also but it feels like 1.5 to me? I don't know, I thought on the pro the period is 1.8 and the lowest is 2.0? I don't remember...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

The lowest setting on the twist is 1.8 ... Someone said the preheat is also but it feels like 1.5 to me? I don't know, I thought on the pro the period is 1.8 and the lowest is 2.0? I don't remember...

It could be that too, but I compared the preheat on the Pro (1.8v) to the Pro's 2v and they seemed quite equal. Same with 2v on the Twist/S. But yeah they're definitely dialled differently for the preheat. I'm on it with Yocan! lol

EDIT: Ok I tried the B-smart and it gave a "Pro" preheat voltage as well. I have a feeling it's either one of two things:

1. The preheats on the devices are actually in fact the lowest temp the battery is capable of... so for the Pro, I THINK it might be just 2v for 10s, and with the Twist 1.8v for 10s, and with the B-smart 2v for 10s (2v is the lowest setting on the dial).

or

2. The subtle differences in design between the units MIGHT affect airflow just ever so slightly enough to affect it?

I dunno, I guess it's not that big of a deal, but I like to get down to the details sometimes lol

EDIT again:

Figured it out! The uni pro and b-smart preheat is 2v and the twist and S is 1.8v! The preheat is the lowest operating temp on the dial. Done.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Cool thanks, I could have sworn somewhere I read that preheats were set lower though, I don't know sometimes they feel lower, definitely depends on the carts too lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: biohacker
Top Bottom