why isn't this IH talked about more?
I have been trying to grow a YouTube/IG for fun, where I review products I have, and recently I been buying new stuff to try out, especially stuff that isn't popular nor has a lot of videos.
This YLL IH seemed really cool, advanced, portable... so I wanted to test it for myself.
shipping was from China, but it was quite fast, arriving in 1 week from the day I ordered.
the box is aesthetically pleasing and has a magnetic lid
the heater itself is really well built and feels sturdy and premium.
that logo in the middle is the hidden magnet
it's really tiny footprint surprised me, I had thought my iSpire wand was a good footprint, but this thing is smaller and more discreet. Here it is next to an Anvil for size comparison
although, it doesn't work for the anvil, just a size comparison.
I've been using it with my Dynavaps and it's impressing me, when I get it right.
I honestly thought it would be a throwaway I can resell on the exchange to make some of the money back and just review it and make a video of it. But... I'm keeping this thing. I'm gonna make a longer video review.
- very discreet and compact
- fast charging; takes 45-50 minutes via USB-C.
- 2 modes; watts & temp control
- hidden magnet is pretty cool and slick
- the screen is very readable, even outdoors, and is pleasing
- there is a "counter" that ticks like a clockhand, it is very convenient for timing & trying to get consistent repeatable hits
- the battery meter, as suggested, isn't super accurate. I go by the "sessions" counter. I can usually get 45-50 clicks before it needs to be recharged.
- Big learning curve: you need to practice WITH herb in the bowl. You can't really go by the click with temperatre control mode. Watt mode is similiar in that regard. Really, the best way to learn it, is to just use it, experiment, and you'll figure it out. I'm getting REALLY impressive and tasty hits now but it took a few days of experimenting and wasting herb lol.
- one depth; no way to adjust the insert/depth. That's worked around, though, by playing with the temp/power and setting it to LOW on the first heatup and ramping it up on subsequent heat-ups.
ultimately, I highly recommend this. It's an excellent outdoor IH. Although, I've found myself using it at home too when I'm moving from room-to-room. It's worth a go from any DV enthusiast looking to find the perfect IH.