XMAX V3 Pro or HR Rogue? (Non artisan suggestions)

Finessseee

Trying to decide between these two vapes. Looking for a non artisan portable convection vape that rips through glass efficiently.. (Preferably under $200) Let’s act like they’re the same price because after buying accessories for both they add up a bit. Which of the two is better? More efficient? Easier and faster extraction connected to a water pipe? I’ll be using this device through glass 75% of the times. Thoughts? Any other non artisan suggestions are appreciated!

Finessseee,
Reactions: LesPlenty

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I reject the premise: if you're really gonna mostly use it through glass you should increase your budget for a Tinymight and only get a wpa - no need to inflate the cost with extra straight stems and orings.

Under $200 the V3 has the higher ceiling for flavor but it's slow to extract by design with its small convection heater. Contrarywise, the Rogue is just an underpowered conduction session vape albeit with a tidy size and fair price.

You just lost me at the preferred use case. Folks here get tons of mileage out of the V3 and Rogue but their heaters are weak tea and don't compare favorably to the Tinymight at all. If you were a dog walking sipper I'd say get a V3, puff on it to get it going, and swap or charge the battery pretty assertively. But for bubbler or j-hook use the Tinymight is in a different class and their operation is streamlined to the point that ordering and customer service are pretty painless (i.e. you can just buy one and receive it in a week unlike the Tetra or other portables that can't manufacture to meet demand).

Plus the Tinymight just got new electronics so the timing couldn't be better.

Last edited:

Finessseee

I reject the premise: if you're really gonna mostly use it through glass you should increase your budget for a Tinymight and only get a wpa - no need to inflate the cost with extra straight stems and orings.

Under $200 the V3 has the higher ceiling for flavor but it's slow to extract by design with its small convection heater. Contrarywise, the Rogue is just an underpowered conduction session vape albeit with a tidy size and fair price.

You just lost me at the preferred use case. Folks here get tons of mileage out of the V3 and Rogue but their heaters are weak tea and don't compare favorably to the Tinymight at all. If you were a dog walking sipper I'd say get a V3, puff on it to get it going, and swap or charge the battery pretty assertively. But for bubbler or j-hook use the Tinymight is in a different class and their operation is streamlined to the point that ordering and customer service are pretty painless (i.e. you can just buy one and receive it in a week unlike the Tetra or other portables that can't manufacture to meet demand).

Plus the Tinymight just got new electronics so the timing couldn't be better.
Yeah I was just curious how the other two compare to each other. Is the TM as easy to pack as the other devices? Does it require stirring? Would I even need to bother extra cooling units on the TM if I’m only using glass?

Finessseee,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yeah I was just curious how the other two compare to each other. Is the TM as easy to pack as the other devices? Does it require stirring? Would I even need to bother extra cooling units on the TM if I’m only using glass?
I never stir my TM, on glass or native. There are ways to avoid uneven extraction but I don't bother with those either.

You shouldn't use a cooling unit with your WPA. It won't help much and it will possibly rob some flavor.

I only use the CU with stocks stems and the Ed's TNT stem. My other stems have cooling features that I like more. Haven't tried the SS ball CU trick yet, though.

Somehow I thought you already had a TM...

Finessseee

I find the TM far easier to load/unload, glass stem system for the win! TM is all around more versatile, better flavor, more dense, vapor quality... Compared to the v3pro and rogue, those are budget devices my man!
Just to confirm.. if I place a TM order I will be getting the newer/updated German electric board model correct? If so, all I’d need is a couple WPAs, back up O-rings and backup batteries, external charger?

Finessseee,

Finessseee

I never stir my TM, on glass or native. There are ways to avoid uneven extraction but I don't bother with those either.

You shouldn't use a cooling unit with your WPA. It won't help much and it will possibly rob some flavor.

I only use the CU with stocks stems and the Ed's TNT stem. My other stems have cooling features that I like more. Haven't tried the SS ball CU trick yet, though.

Somehow I thought you already had a TM...
I already have a Bowle and I love it so damn much it’s easily my daily driver with my soon to be sold Solo II + LSV: after flipping those I’ll snag the TM and eventually Cloud Connoisseur Halo. I just want an efficient beast that rips through water easily! What accessories would you suggest? Backup batteries, external charger, WPA, o ring set? Anything else I’m missing?

Finessseee,
Reactions: Grass Yes

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I already have a Bowle and I love it so damn much it’s easily my daily driver with my soon to be sold Solo II + LSV: after flipping those I’ll snag the TM and eventually Cloud Connoisseur Halo. I just want an efficient beast that rips through water easily! What accessories would you suggest? Backup batteries, external charger, WPA, o ring set? Anything else I’m missing?
Just a wpa (with no glass honeycomb screen) and get batteries from one of the trusted stores we're always recommending.

And yes, any new orders are sure to have the new electronics. And don't mind the Sold Out at tinymightvape.com: you can still add to cart and checkout, you just might not see shipping for a few days but he's still filling orders every week

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just to confirm.. if I place a TM order I will be getting the newer/updated German electric board model correct? If so, all I’d need is a couple WPAs, back up O-rings and backup batteries, external charger?

Yes as the boss said, and it's been said many times in the thread, everything is the new board now, it says sold out just to slow things down, you can still place an order and it should arrive within a week or two... O-rings are good to get, spare glass of anything you might break, I say get both WPA, the multi with the glass honeycomb screen is fun to try with chunky grind and whole nugs for that experience, but the 18mm open one is more useful, if you need a plain 14mm stem then email alan@toasty-top.com

Batteries and charger from one of the reputable places, I hope by now you know where to look, and what to look for!

Finessseee

Yes as the boss said, and it's been said many times in the thread, everything is the new board now, it says sold out just to slow things down, you can still place an order and it should arrive within a week or two... O-rings are good to get, spare glass of anything you might break, I say get both WPA, the multi with the glass honeycomb screen is fun to try with chunky grind and whole nugs for that experience, but the 18mm open one is more useful, if you need a plain 14mm stem then email alan@toasty-top.com

Batteries and charger from one of the reputable places, I hope by now you know where to look, and what to look for!
Oh you know I got all the info in my back pocket yet I still overthink these purchases lol. TM seems like a no brainer at this point. Thanks for the reassurance SS!

GnarlyVandal

Was just looking at this thread to get a daily driver alternative to my F7 for out and about, really love that thing and want it to last.

Dammit guys I was trying to convince myself to not get a tinymight and these cheaper options might be worth it! 😅 the two in the title are the two I’ve been looking at. How are they really though? Cause I’ve only ever seen positive reviews

Only reason I was looking at these alternatives as I could pick up both of these for around the price of a tinymight

Sorry to piggyback the thread but didn’t want to make a new one for the same devices!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Coming from the FW7 I think either of these would be a big step down. Basically if you read what @bossman said above you will get pretty much all you need to know.

I like the Xmax v3 pro fine, but I never use it. It just doesn't fill any need that I don't already have a better vape for. But everyone is different, you might like the variety of these two well enough. I don't feel like either device will last as long as my tinymight. Too many cheap components that aren't easily serviceable.

Shit Snacks

Was just looking at this thread to get a daily driver alternative to my F7 for out and about, really love that thing and want it to last.

Dammit guys I was trying to convince myself to not get a tinymight and these cheaper options might be worth it! 😅 the two in the title are the two I’ve been looking at. How are they really though? Cause I’ve only ever seen positive reviews

Only reason I was looking at these alternatives as I could pick up both of these for around the price of a tinymight

Sorry to piggyback the thread but didn’t want to make a new one for the same devices!

It doesn't make any sense to me, to get both, instead of the TM, which is much better than both and more analogous to the FW7 (the two of those together are the perfect convection and conduction pair, working similarly on demand with full time range and vibrations) sure you can get two budget devices for the same price, but it's not the same experience at all...

GnarlyVandal

Sorry all must’ve been the way I explained, I meant that I’m going to get one vape that I’m going to be using out and about, not that I’ll get both because they’ll cost the same as a TM, just that the TM is expensive at the price of getting both vapes.
Pretty happy with my firewood as a big cloud producer, but want something I can vape whilst others are smoking and is more durable in case I drop it.
Not looking for another huge cloud producer, just something that’ll get me there with an easier draw than my pax 3.

GnarlyVandal,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Sorry all must’ve been the way I explained, I meant that I’m going to get one vape that I’m going to be using out and about, not that I’ll get both because they’ll cost the same as a TM, just that the TM is expensive at the price of getting both vapes.
Pretty happy with my firewood as a big cloud producer, but want something I can vape whilst others are smoking and is more durable in case I drop it.
Not looking for another huge cloud producer, just something that’ll get me there with an easier draw than my pax 3.
In that case get the V3 Pro. At least it's on demand and as long as the battery is nearly full it'll get the job done with better flavor and fewer hits to fully extract than session vapes like the Rogue.

Shit Snacks

Or you might also like the Rogue for this, so getting both is not the worst idea after all!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom