Multi-brand X MAX STARRY

ozbrit

Ordered one Friday, replaceable batteries are great. Hope to finally move on from remaining Flowermate 5.0S and Pro.
I have a Flowermate 5.0s Pro amongst a clutch of other vapes and find it to be really good, up there with the Xmax/Xvape devices. What I particularly like about it is the ease of cleaning, just the glass mouthpiece which can self clean in ISO, a quick brush inside the oven and even better a manual blow through with the bottom slider open. The whopping 5000mAH battery gives ~ 20x 5 min sessions between charges.

Last edited:

Petetbay

Last edited:

bm96

@XMAXVAPORIZER I would advise you in the future to reply to the people who said they haven't received an email response due to their faulty units for a week long, rather than posting about a new device. As well as the multiple people still inquiring about the designer/manufacturer's response to the mouthpiece that has no instructions on how to dissasemble.

Customer service is what builds long term business. Most of us here rely on these devices to use daily for our medicine, if I can't rely on a company to help replace a vape that I rely on for medical purposes I would see myself spending my cash elsewhere down the road.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
@XMAXVAPORIZER I would advise you in the future to reply to the people who said they haven't received an email response due to their faulty units for a week long, rather than posting about a new device. As well as the multiple people still inquiring about the designer/manufacturer's response to the mouthpiece that has no instructions on how to dissasemble.

Customer service is what builds long term business. Most of us here rely on these devices to use daily for our medicine, if I can't rely on a company to help replace a vape that I rely on for medical purposes I would see myself spending my cash elsewhere down the road.

Sorry for the late reply but I said I would reply to the posts I still not replied later... here we are. Really, if you are looking closer at my posting rate and history you'll notice I'm probably one of the most present Company Reps in the Community. Please understand that's not a full time job and, as well, a week delay to get a reply isn't unusual. Although I like and accept your way of thinking about CS!
About you to be worry about the Starry's ceramic chamber to be durable, yes cracks may happens but not if you are taking care of your device, most/all cracked chamber are due to a too strong cleaning by peoples trying to remove stains with metal tool (but you can damage it even with toothpicks), that's why we recommend to clean the chamber in-between loads in order to avoid too much stain/buil-up formation.

Both of my units broke somewhere around the 1 year mark. I emailed the manufacturer to find out if there is a DYI repair. Both units will not turn on. Sometimes a message will appear briefly that shows "short" and something else. Flashes off too fast to see the entire message. No reply from the mfg (been a week or so). And yes, I tried at least 5 different batteries. My wife enjoys her Starry so I ordered her another one. Didn't order one for me since, at least in our experience, they didn't last long and customer service hasn't seen fit to respond to my inquiry. My 2 XMAX V3 Pros are still alive and kicking.
Ok, I'll contact you by pm, I'm glad you kept us your confidence despite your issues with the Starrys. Did you charged the battery in the device or out in external charger?, if it's out you probably encounter the "battery door issue"... but some quick fixes exist...
Really, we are not doing "planned obsolescence" at all! Our devices are supposed to works for years but it may be influenced by usage rate though.
I'm also concerned about cleaning the mouthpiece on the Starry and the Ace. Up till now I've eased off the silicone holding the screen and dropped the two pieces into a cup of soapy water hot enough to dissolve grease. I read somewhere that it's possible to just drop the whole mouthpiece into Isopropyl alcohol and let the ISO simply dissolve the resin, I've done it with glass mouthpieces and metal parts as well as with cotton buds to clean ceramic bowls. I'm not sure that that would be a smart thing to do with the silicone housing never mind the mouthpiece and surround?. But in real life does it work without eating into or dulling off glossy surfaces? For that matter would ISO harm the silicone? I'm pretty hopeless at any form of DIY so don't really want to remove the clip if it's a tricky operation.
You can find a Starry's cleaning post I made in the last few pages of this thread. No, it's not recommended at all to throw the whole mouthpiece in iso. You can for the filter screens, the silicone holder and the ceramic mouthpiece but not the others parts (please note it's better to throw the silicone parts in iso only for a minute or so and to wipe it clean out before to let it to dry).

Yes Folks, this is the incoming Starry4, I will create a whole new thread for this version since it looks like it brings a lot on the scene (still not tested it out, probably today, fingers crossed!), we are so excited about that release! Soon, soon...

bm96

Thank you for the thorough reply. I do definitely appreciate and recognize the activity on here and another site. That said again, the majority of people purchasing your products are relying on them as a unit that supplies them with their actual medicine to get through the day, and a device that offers a safer alternative to combustion. Someone has to resort back to smoking for a month when their only vape breaks, for what I'm guessing is around a month turnaround after a week and a half already going by for the initial response (in this customer's case). Response time to submit warranty repair/replacement claims should be as immediate as it takes your company to ship out products.

There's always ways you can ultimately improve as a company and keep customers buying for life. :)

The Starry has been mostly great so far in the few weeks I've had it. I've owned by now probably 20 dry herb vapes and was looking for something in this small form factor but also had a removable battery. In this price range I couldn't find any portables that ticked all the boxes like the Starry. Although as mentioned there are a few things which I hope have been smoothened out and am excited to see what has improved. 👍

hillbill

Troubles
Starry 3 shows “low voltage” and shuts off on very good batteries, also any sharp tap will do the same. Thought it was batteries but it does it at times with any battery.
Only a few months old.
Any help?
Now does it often after 1 or 2 10 minute sessions or sooner.

Last edited:

Petetbay

Troubles
Starry 3 shows “low voltage” and shuts off on very good batteries, also any sharp tap will do the same. Thought it was batteries but it does it at times with any battery.
Only a few months old.
Any help?
There’s probably a problem with the battery contacts or how the battery is making contact, I would try get a replacement from where you bought it, then contact Xmax support if that doesn’t work.

pop22

I see talk on the ceramic insert in the mouth piece. I bought a V3 id for my V2 Starry. It came with an ordinary screen in the silcone insert. I know, the ceramic acts as a heatsink also, but I don't find the vapor being too hot with just a screen and the easy draw seals the deal. I think they fixed a problem that didn't exist!

Last edited:

DogDad2

I have bought 2 xmax starry 3's over the last few years because the battery door keeps failing. I always use the proper flat top battery but at some point the vape won't power up anymore unless I hold the battery compartment closed with my thumb and it must be tighter than the latch allows. Is there a fix for this? I can't be the only one with this issue.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Troubles
Only a few months old.
Any help?
Like @Petetbay said it would be a good idea to contact your retailer in order to get a replacement or to contact directly our support team here: support@topgreencig.com Some guys used a trick which consist to add a tiny piece of foil in order to improve the battery contact, sorry for the inconvenience though...
I see talk on the ceramic insert in the mouth piece. I bought a V3 id for my V2 Starry. It came with an ordinary screen in the silcone insert. I know, the ceramic acts as a heatsink also, but I don't find the vapor being too hot with just a screen and the easy draw seals the deal. I think they fixed a problem that didn't exist!
The new full ceramic screen purpose isn't to smoothen the vapor but to avoid the filter clogs too fast and restrict the airflow when saturated by reclaim.
I have bought 2 xmax starry 3's over the last few years because the battery door keeps failing. I always use the proper flat top battery but at some point the vape won't power up anymore unless I hold the battery compartment closed with my thumb and it must be tighter than the latch allows. Is there a fix for this? I can't be the only one with this issue.
Please look at the reply I made to @hillbill in this post, it looks like you are not alone to get that issue, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

We fixed that issue with the Xmax Starry 4 release, the battery lid is now sturdier.

XMAXVAPORIZER,
Reactions: pop22

pop22

Like @Petetbay said it would be a good idea to contact your retailer in order to get a replacement or to contact directly our support team here: support@topgreencig.com Some guys used a trick which consist to add a tiny piece of foil in order to improve the battery contact, sorry for the inconvenience though...

The new full ceramic screen purpose isn't to smoothen the vapor but to avoid the filter clogs too fast and restrict the airflow when saturated by reclaim.

Please look at the reply I made to @hillbill in this post, it looks like you are not alone to get that issue, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

We fixed that issue with the Xmax Starry 4 release, the battery lid is now sturdier.
Will the new screen fir a Starry 3 lid?

Top Bottom