Tek Wrapping w9techs black ceramic donut? I saw a post a while back

ivthatshatter

FC 2000 Wicks are out of stock everywhere in the US literally even places that say they have stock have email me back and say they're out of stock. I still have some but I also have a black w9tech ceramic donut similar to the Black Forest fc2000 rods except it's a donut and not a rod. I saw a post a while back for somebody made either a single or dual coil on one donut.

Can anyone direct me to that post because I cannot find it for the life of me or if anyone has experience writing these things can you tell me how you did it and how it worked. I was thinking about wrapping it and using it inside one of the ceramic Kohl's you get with glass globes. Or maybe I'll suck it up and just use my Micron pen but I've gotten spoiled with the crazy builds you can make with fc2000 Wick and I'm an e-cig smoker anyway so I have a lot of mods.

Compared to the Omicron V4 comma I just don't know if I could go back to that from what I've been using lately

This is what I want to use https://www.w9tech.com/black-ceramic-wick-5-pack/

I'd like to use it in a small ceramic Bowl I don't have any from The Rose but I do have ones from glass globes and not sure they fit or maybe I can take one out of the 1701 rebuildable coil from w9tech. I could always just use their coil but even though they're the best stuff on the market they're just really disappointing. Just like the Omicron V4 especially if you used it with their battery. It's better than half of this s*** out there if not all of it but what you can build in 10 minutes with a fc2000 rod can change your world

ivthatshatter,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
You will have to experiment with different lengths of different gauge wire to be able to achieve the desired resistance.

DieHard,
Reactions: Joel W.

ivthatshatter

Thanks Joel. I wonder if they fit in typical ceramic.globe.bowls.

Gonna mess around later and use the one from the 1701 globe atty for the alpha globe v2 before I buy a 5 pack.

I was also thinking just to break them in half and the kind of build normal coils but I'd like to get the whole donut running in a cup if possible.

Can you get that Rose ceramic Bowl separate from buying the whole thing? I know it's a fast text thing right how much was the whole setup

ivthatshatter,

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
Thanks Joel. I wonder if they fit in typical ceramic.globe.bowls.

Gonna mess around later and use the one from the 1701 globe atty for the alpha globe v2 before I buy a 5 pack.

I was also thinking just to break them in half and the kind of build normal coils but I'd like to get the whole donut running in a cup if possible.

Can you get that Rose ceramic Bowl separate from buying the whole thing? I know it's a fast text thing right how much was the whole setup

I think they may fit inside the 1701 cup but my wires were too large for the holes in their cup.

Fast tech the sells the Rose v2 replacement cups for $1.31 each.

Edit: Whoops, that was for a 2 pack.
https://m.fasttech.com/product/1928001-replacement-ceramic-coil-cups-for-rose-v2-rta-2

Last edited:
Joel W.,
Top Bottom