Would you vape this? (plastic flake in vape)

Have you ever noticed a plastic flake in your vape?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

tarballs51

I bought some Kurvana pens the last time I was in Los Angeles. They're spectacular. Taste is great. I was originally turned onto them for their elaborate pesticide/solvent testing they did before it was mandatory.

Fast forward a few months, I noticed a red flake, presumably from the red "ASCND" plastic paint at the base of the cartridge...inside the cartridge. I reached out to Kurvana and they did offer me a refund plus asked for batch number. I don't live in Los Angeles, so I don't know the next time I'll get a chance to return the cartridge. The red flake is tiny, but it is for sure plastic, so it worries me.

I assume the flake entered into the cartridge while putting the plastic condom on the base. It first appeared at the bottom of the cartridge and came out of the heater holes, so i can also assume worst case scenario that it may have burnt and left residues on the heater. I don't taste any plastic, but it's so small, and the concentrate taste is overwhelming. I can also assume worst case scenario that the flake my leach micro amounts of plastic into the oil. With that said, the flake is tiny and it can be controlled so that it does not travel near the heat holes again.

So here's my question:

Has this ever happened to any of you and would you still smoke this?

Screen-Shot-2019-04-08-at-10-09-41-PM.png

Higher quality images:

IMG-2442.jpg

IMG-2438-copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom