Would this work for a dynavap?, the blazer Hot Shot MT-3000 torch. Help need new torch quick.

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Looking for a reliable torch with a big tank as my old one gave up the ghost and I use my dynavap daily only with a torch, would the HOT SHOT MT-3000 be suitable as I’ve heard good things about blazer, any one use or ever used one with a vapcap ?, My go to shop only has this or the blazer big shot GT 8000 and the big shot would be overkill. Sick of cheap torches and their quality is shocking now had a brand new one explode in a fireball yesterday😳, eagle style torch or prof make if your in uk.
A8-AE9336-2-D39-4-AD4-9-E82-1-F274-BC55527.webp

Last edited:
Demonic chronic,

Demonic chronic

Whats it like on low setting with the dyna and do you happen to have a pic of the blazer hot shot in hand ?, i for the life of me can’t find a pic or vid with it in hand for size references

Demonic chronic,

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
It will splitter out 9n low settings so I never use it for Dynavap, the Soldercraft one I mean.

chlorophyll_man,

Demonic chronic

Looking for a reliable torch as I’m a daily dyna user (use nothing else), will pay up for quality.

Demonic chronic,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Demonic chronic

Oops sorry for useless reply, forgot your question by the time I typed my answer
:rofl:Don’t worry about it, I’m sure someone with a hot shot and dynavap will come along soon and help as needing to buy a new torch as soon as I can.

Last edited:
Demonic chronic,

Demonic chronic

I would absolutely NOT use this for a dynavap. Seems like a great way to ruin a vapcap. Low and slow my dude. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K3ZHVWS Troy uses this lighter for his dyna. Buy it.
Have you used the hot shot on a dyna? Sadly I can’t find scorch torches in this country they all from USA and al be fucked if I’m paying customs for a torch. I’d get well and truly shafted:lol:.

Demonic chronic,
  • Haha
Reactions: El Magico

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
No personal experience with that hot shot, but it looks like it’s very, very overkill for a dynavap to me. I’ve always heard the Blazer PB207 is the “last stop” for a quality single flame torch, so I figured I’d buy one when my cheap honest torch died but it’s been going strong for two years. It’s something like this but without the vapman branding (which apparently adds quite the premium, I think I got mine for like $5 from puffitup 🤷‍♂️).

They’re both on Amazon in the us, you could see if they carry either of them over there?

Edit: Something I’ve always heard is important if you want your torch to have a long life is to use quality filtered butane. I’m guessing you’re aware of this, but just mention it in case. Using bad stuff tends to foul the gas lines, I think, though. So more sputtering and insufficient fuel than pyrotechnical events like you described 😅

Demonic chronic

No personal experience with that hot shot, but it looks like it’s very, very overkill for a dynavap to me. I’ve always heard the Blazer PB207 is the “last stop” for a quality single flame torch, so I figured I’d buy one when my cheap honest torch died but it’s been going strong for two years. It’s something like this but without the vapman branding (which apparently adds quite the premium, I think I got mine for like $5 from puffitup 🤷‍♂️).

They’re both on Amazon in the us, you could see if they carry either of them over there?
I’ve no idea as I cant find our what the hot shot looks like in hand so I’ve got no reference of size,I know the big shot is way to big a flame(too thick) , Again sadly I cannot find in this bastard country:lol:, and like I say vapefiend my resident place I buy all things vape stuff are limited on the torch side of things.

Last edited:
Demonic chronic,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I’ve no idea as I cant find our what the hot shot looks like in hand so I’ve got no reference of size, Again sadly I cannot find in this bastard country:lol:, and like I say vapefiend my resident place I buy all things vape stuff are limited on the torch side of things.
I think the pb207’s reputation is still larger in the buy it for life crowd as that kind of tool/torch, so it might be available at a tool shop someplace if you do some googling. In the us at least I remember someone posting a link to a tool shop as a much cheaper place to buy it than vape/smoke shops here in the us.

Or maybe Aomai? They have replaceable strikers and a pretty good rep. Sorry, hard to toss out suggestions without knowing what you can get in the uk. That blazer just looks like the flame will be quite a bit larger than is necessary for a dynavap to me, but I guess that won’t inhibit it working. Lower temp flavor hits just might need a bit of finesse. It’s just a lot for a torch and imo not necessary to spend for a dyna.

gordontreeman,

Demonic chronic

Only about 30 or 35 for a blazer hot shot, ive got some of those aomais, great for back up, I’m looking for something with a larger tank for home use, I’ve plenty smaller portable ones for out and about. This is my lighter I used a for a year or 2 previously. Died the last day.
4-A7-A8727-CFDB-4909-AA0-B-1-D072-EB3-C802.jpg

Last edited:
Demonic chronic,
Reactions: VapePerson

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
Have you used the hot shot on a dyna? Sadly I can’t find scorch torches in this country they all from USA and al be fucked if I’m paying customs for a torch. I’d get well and truly shafted:lol:.
I have a hotshot. I've used my hotshot when vaping. It is simply too strong and won't work when set to low--even if it could go as low as you wanted--for a dyna. Hotshots are for elev8rs, not dynas. Buy a different torch. Pick literally any regular single-flame torch lighter.

Demonic chronic

I have a hotshot. I've used my hotshot when vaping. It is simply too strong and won't work when set to low--even if it could go as low as you wanted--for a dyna. Hotshots are for elev8rs, not dynas. Buy a different torch. Pick literally any regular single-flame torch lighter.
Could I trouble you for a pic of it in hand ?, can’t find pic for size reference anywhere. I’m being told elsewhere by people its fine with a dyna, so I’m getting mixed views:hmm:, also my cap clicks then 7 seconds later clicks again so it may work for me I dunno. Also the hot shots the same temp as the torches ive been using. Edit-no pic?

Last edited:
Demonic chronic,
Top Bottom