Worth upgrading from PSM to ispire wand?

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I have a PSM. It's served me well but I have an itch.

I could sell it and buy a ispire wand. At the moment my vape collection is 1 in 1 out, as I don't have much room.

I usually use my PSM out and about. Its a little large, even with carry case. Is the wand more pocketable? A photo if someone has both would be amazing.

Lastly how's the performance of the wand with vapcaps compared to the PSM?

I don't think I will use the concentrate side of things too much as a generally vape outside.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Sporting two 18650, I would think the Wand is heavier... it's dimensions are: 6 3/8" x 1 7/8" x 1 1/4". It's like a heavy tv remote or cordless home phone... it's rounded and "pocketable", but it's still kinda like carrying a medium sized flashlight around in pants pockets... not ideal. Performance-wise, it's totally user self-controlled... You wanna jam a whole cap down in one massive hit (and you have the lungs for it)? It's all within your control.

PSM:

If you're happy with the performance of the PSM and you're never gonna use it for concentrates, I wouldn't see it as an upgrade and is probably unnecessary...

I forget who shared the video of using the ispire as a vapcap IH but to me it looked like it took too long. I'm a fan of the Flux Deluxe for a portable IH, although there is a wait involved
Nah, you can make it heat up quickly or slowly... If you're referring to my vid, that was the first hit, so I like to heat it low and slow for maximum output....

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I kinda want the little UFO heater :D

Ahhh, the great unknown.... please be my guest!

Hopefully they're better SourceVapes offerings, and they were KNOWN... tho, the unreleased adjustable wattage controlled RANGER IH has piqued my interest: https://www.thesourcev.com/products/ranger-ih?_pos=1&_psq=ranger&_ss=e&_v=1.0
No way in hell I would buy one.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Nothing beats the Fluxer Flite for pocketability and user control for a modulated pulse. It's the size of a 100's cigarette pack. Stupid expensive. I don't know if Fluxer is back in construction, but used ones come around. Also has replaceable batteries which are good for about 50 clicks.

Really stupid expensive.

buckhakeesah

I have both. With the PSM I can vape blind folded. I can't do that with my wand with confidence. Not sure if you vape like me lol. Also the PSM fit better in cup holders, small things that matter to me. Hope that helps.

david8613

I have owned the pipes port side mini a long time ago, very good induction heater, lasts a long time, durable build, good size too. I currently own the pipes hot shot and man that thing is so small and light, I love it. Online pics don't show the true size, in person it's smaller, I believe it's slightly smaller than flux flight. Like normal pack of cigarettes. Pipes stopped making it because he supposed to be coming out with something new, but he still has some hotshot stock left, buy one before there all gone. Glad I got mine.

Zabaza

I have a PSM. It's served me well but I have an itch.

I could sell it and buy a ispire wand. At the moment my vape collection is 1 in 1 out, as I don't have much room.

I usually use my PSM out and about. Its a little large, even with carry case. Is the wand more pocketable? A photo if someone has both would be amazing.

Lastly how's the performance of the wand with vapcaps compared to the PSM?

I don't think I will use the concentrate side of things too much as a generally vape outside.

The wand is about the size of a tv remote, it fits in my pocket with my dynavap. Battery wise I think it lasts 100 clicks? I charge it probably every 2-3 days, I think a light smoker could probably have it last a week.

It heats up faster than it does with my torch, I don't have something else to compare it to. It's also the best enail I've used, and I have 2 other setups. On a side note, it heats up a larger area than most other IH, so it should theoretically provide a larger more consistent hit.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I have both. With the PSM I can vape blind folded. I can't do that with my wand with confidence. Not sure if you vape like me lol. Also the PSM fit better in cup holders, small things that matter to me. Hope that helps.
You sure can with one of these...:
D5C7DDDD-46C1-4042-94D4-05334A59DA44.jpeg
https://etsy.me/3ApHQOw
Super easy, easier in a way, than the HotShot, cuz all you need to do is drop it in... hands free heating! No need to hold that cap denting momentary switch down... and you can freely spin it the whole time if you so desire... never mind it being waaaaay more versatile than the HotShot....

The HotShot is great tho! And considerably more portable. Love em both!

Texus

Hotshot is a pack of cigarettes, iSpire Wand is a remote control and heavier. Wand has some nice capability to adjust your heating profile that most IHs lack outside of spacer inserts (other than the PWM in some Fluxers). Pretty remarkable device the Wand. And really easy to facilitate drawing while it heats up. Big ups for swappable dual 18650s, even though they are the big contributors to the weight.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The order of love my IH receive;

1) Fluxer Flite Goldie and FireFlite
2) HotShot w/ bling
3) Box Troll HalfPint [DIY stealth w/ 'remote']
4) The Wand [either version]

5-98) any DIY ZVS module in my work tray

99) Orion v1 [sold]
999) Chinese knockoff Orions [Boycott]

List of wannatry - Mad Heaters Sense

buckhakeesah

You sure can with one of these...:
View attachment 11458
https://etsy.me/3ApHQOw
Super easy, easier in a way, than the HotShot, cuz all you need to do is drop it in... hands free heating! No need to hold that cap denting momentary switch down... and you can freely spin it the whole time if you so desire... never mind it being waaaaay more versatile than the HotShot....

The HotShot is great tho! And considerably more portable. Love em both!
Well damn, I must get one of these now. Thank you!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
+1 on the Hotshot. Love it for the small size and use of colored lights to determine amount of heating.

If I was going to a bar fight, I'd rather bring the PSM.

The Sense was interesting, but I'm starting to think it's a Snuffleupaheater.

? I understand not using a DV with an IH outside because of the lack of stealth. But flower herb or concentrates in a DV would be the same outside.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
+1 on the Hotshot. Love it for the small size and use of colored lights to determine amount of heating.

If I was going to a bar fight, I'd rather bring the PSM.

The Sense was interesting, but I'm starting to think it's a Snuffleupaheater.

? I understand not using a DV with an IH outside because of the lack of stealth. But flower herb or concentrates in a DV would be the same outside.
But The Wand is (outside of this realm) sold a dabbing system, with much of the kit designed around using a rig... I'd actually be more apt to use the wand outside (and I mean hiking, or whatever, not just the back deck or patio) with only dynas and no rig... but carts suit this need better for me.

thunderstealer1337

I'd stay away from pipes hotshot or psm.

That is just me, I was not to pleased when I opened another unit of his up the caldron.

They are good, but there are others that are alot better in each and every way

And I think hotshot was ceased production due to the usb issues, the port/mating USB was glued in and not really braced. Maybe that has been solved, but first inserting/removal of the plug I was like what, this is not a great design, obviously the form factor/size forced him to mount the usb where it was at, but it needed to be supported from the frame/box

Last edited:
thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom