Wooden Vapes

lwien

LOTS of wooden vapes on the market.

Let's see. We got the logs made by Eterra, AromaZap, Purple Days, Woodez. We got a unique design by OCD. We got one now that looks like a top. We got the LaunchBox. We got a giant sized log with the EpicVape. We got the Supreme.

I wanna see a vape ball that is weighted at the bottom so that it will always remain right side up.

Something like this teak ball:

Or this EscherFishBall:

lwien,
One day I'm going to get the PD, but if they made one that worked just like I expect the PD to do, then I'd definitely get one of those balls..... I really like that first one.

quest for herb,

VaporEyeSore

Interesting point. The only problem I see is making it bottom heavy. Most of the weight in log vapes is very much at the top because of the heat exchanger. The best way to remedy this would be to put weight in the bottom but what? Lead is a no no other dense metals too exspensive and less dense metals similar to the heat exchanger would be too bulky. The only other way would be some very skill boring of the lower half to keep most of the wood which would increase time and price.
I'm sure there are ways to make this possible it will be interesting to see what others come up with.

VaporEyeSore,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
sniff ... sob ... you forgot the Bud Toaster. Hey! It's made of wood, too. Oh ... that's right, you said "on the market". Okay, so not yet.

i only used wood because i don't have access to casting/molding facility. Wood is a delightful material to "machine" into a custom shape. Too much waste in the cube fab for my taste, hollowing out the 1.25" diameter hole through the cube -- should be cast, me thinks.

The 2" cube weighs 3 oz, and if feels like the center of gravity is the center of mass.

Hippie Dickie,

lwien

:lol: You had me feeling guilty there for a bit, HD.

So when will it be ready for prime time?

lwien,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
ya know, it seems like there is always just one more design hurtle ... the current one is finalizing the battery box. i've got the rough outline worked out -- four slaps of wood with slots and tabs -- but now there's just a few "details" to resolve, how to hold it together is the main one.

i recently upped the priority a couple of clicks ... even got a new PC to dedicate to all my projects and development work, so ... i want to get this first production run done this month so i can start field testing.

Hippie Dickie,

lwien

Ya know, I was just thinkin' that one may not want a project to be completed because working on the project is just too much fun, eh?

lwien,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
yes, it is fun, but the fundamental problem is one of a different mindset. i experienced this at university computer labs. But i've done commercial projects too -- getting the computer game out the door, when i hardly EVER finish a program project. my first Apple ][ game would have never been done -- except i ran out of RAM, so it HAD to be done.

now i've got so much ego wrapped up in the BT that i MUST get it done. But it must be done RIGHT, eh? i'm hopeful.

Hippie Dickie,

coolbreeze

LOTS of wooden vapes on the market.

Let's see. We got the logs made by Eterra, AromaZap, Purple Days, Woodez. We got a unique design by OCD. We got one now that looks like a top. We got the LaunchBox. We got a giant sized log with the EpicVape. We got the Supreme.
Boy, there's been a lot of driftwood under this particular bridge. Many, many wooden vapes have been produced in the intervening years. As a lover of wooden vapes, I'd like to revive and revisit. The obvious Walnut Wednesday choice is the granddaddy of all brick-style vapes, the Triihouse Waldo, released about a year after this thread was abandoned.

I tracked down an unsold Waldo several years after production stopped and it is one of my very favorite vapes--it's probably the easiest to use brick-style vape I've tried, an effortless pleasure! Its only flaw is the dodgy whip connections, otherwise it's truly the father of the bricks. Here it is with another classic piece, the Magic Flight Orbiter (released ca 2014):
IMG-1387.jpg

Got a favorite wooden vape?

Last edited:
Top Bottom