Won't be here much, I am entering a program for my IBS

mikeben

Hello to all my friends here. I really feel like I have made so many of you over the past few months. I am not leaving the board for good but I am entering a very exhaustive program for my IBS. Thus my time is going to be taken up with that. I will check in from time to time but I won't be a regular part of what is going on anymore. I will miss our interactions, but again this I will be here every so often. Thank you guys for helping me turn around my life. Especially @scottg402 @underdog @underdogette @vapman @stickstones and @Ed's TnT. All of you have made my illness easier but because of my local laws I still cannot leave my house more than a few hours at a time my IBS is that bad. I feel great at home, but at 39 I am tired of being stuck there. I think you all are so great. I will miss being here. Good luck to you, and I hope I will be my old self I was a few years ago before you know it. With the laws changing I know it will be easier and easier for all of us. Take care my friends!

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
I'm new here myself but I suffered a crippling bout of IBS several years ago during college.

I don't know you but I pray for you that this program will help, personally psychotherapy, diet, exercise and stress reduction helped me gain control.

Much love and support to you brother. :tup:

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
.....personally psychotherapy, diet, exercise and stress reduction helped me gain control.
:tup:
This is great advice for anyone suffering from bowel related disease. Whether, Crohns, Ulcerative Colitis, or IBS. Diet, stess, and your mental state can contribute to "flare-ups."

I hope you get your life back @mikeben
Wish you all the best in this!

sanfranciscosadhu

Years ago the doctors told me I had IBS and would have it on and off for the rest of my life. Then after going to many health professionals I met a doc who did detailed and extensive stool tests and discovered I was suffering from a parasite. He treated it with pretty strong meds for a couple of weeks, after that I got retested. Parasite gone and gained about 20 pounds back in less then a year ( had gotten skinny as a rail). When I had the IBS I was avoiding every imaginable irritating food, in the end being severely restricted. Now I have a broad healthy diet, drink coffee whatever and no more issues.
Happy that I didn't listen to that first doctor's diagnosis.

mikeben

I'm back! Well never as full time as I was as I was spending too much time here, but I missed you all and I feel better than in years. Such a long story, but my IBS is in remission, I am eligible for my card for a head trauma I discovered I had as an infant, and life is really going my way. ALL the care and advice on this thread are beautiful and I will take it all to heart.

Now let's get back to the reason I'm here. To collect the heck out of vaporizers and talk over how to use them well!

Thanks to everyone Scott in particular, without whom I might not be here.

My doctors are all on board with Vaping and with luck I should be legal in the spring!!!

So happy everyone, great to be back here. Learned a lot more about Vaporizers on my time off, going collect all the best. Will be looking through the threads.

I EVEN mastered e-juice and cotton!!!!!!

The program saved my life and I hope all of you get so lucky as me for a second chance. Without you all here I wouldn't have even thought I COULD get better.

Thank you Fuck Combustion I owe you my life, and I am not taking that lightly.

Yes I did have an IBS diagnosis but stress management a better diet, and sleeping has helped a lot. Not to mention our favorite herb.

Last edited by a moderator:

FR0ST

Hi @mikeben

By IBS are you referring to Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome or Irritable Bowel Syndrome?

I'm asking because I suffer with the latter and I'm really interested to know what this program was?

FR0ST,
Reactions: mikeben

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Hi @mikeben

By IBS are you referring to Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome or Irritable Bowel Syndrome?

I'm asking because I suffer with the latter and I'm really interested to know what this program was?
IBS is irritable bowel syndrome.
UC and Crohns fall under IBD inflammatory bowel disease

Please correct me if I'm wrong

FR0ST

Well if this is correct, I'd be really interested to know what this program was! As the result seems to be very positive, and I'd love to be able to overcome my IBS problem!

FR0ST,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Well if this is correct, I'd be really interested to know what this program was! As the result seems to be very positive, and I'd love to be able to overcome my IBS problem!
I didn't go to the program, But good info in here already. A healthy food diet, healthy mental management, and a healthy sleep cycle helps a lot. If you start out this way, I guarantee you will see results. That only if it is IBS.
If you have IBD there are more factors to address.

I am no doctor, but have been enough times, gone though my own struggles, asks many questions, and have been battling for years.

mikeben

Hi @mikeben

It was a lot of hypnosis to deal with pain, and also a total diet and medication makeover. A lot of vaping at the right time and I cleaned up my sleep habits too. My doctors all are helping me get my card now, and they all see how my health improved since last fall.

I have the latter.

I hope this clears it up. A lot of unresolved stress was a factor, but I had poor sleep, diet,

IBS was just showing the most because of a bad lifestyle. The vaping again is key to my healing. Learn self hypnosis and get off bad pills. Do all of this with a doctor and slow. I swear I feel better than in 3 years. I take a few pills now but nothing hardly at all and the vaping is center stage

FR0ST

Thank you for your replies @Slow Draw McGraw and @mikeben I really appreciate it.

Living in the UK it's all a little more difficult here... But I'm about to begin experimenting with some 1:1 CBD:THC cannabis. Hopefully I'll be able to use this on the go with positive results, but without getting too much of a high (so that I can still function properly throughout the day with work etc).

My sleep cycle isn't too bad, but I could certainly improve upon my diet.

Hate this problem, it came out of nowhere :(. At least I was fortunate enough to make it through my studies without hassle. But it's making getting a job in a city very problematic.

rodders83

IBS seems to run in the female side of our family, My mum and sis are both pretty much fatigued 24/7. And a few years ago i started needing around 12 hours of sleep a day or i would be pretty much a zombie. I had a burning sensation in my guts and recently noticed stabbing pains in my lower left abdomen right where the hip bone is and christ when it comes it makes me leap in the air.

Constipation is here, Sometimes 3 days i have gone 3-4 without movements and sometimes i get the runs also so it really is a complete mixed bag. But this fatigue is present even when i do not smoke i have been fucking waiting for this guy to bring me meds now since the 1st and it is now the 25th and i have hardly smoked and yet the fatigue is still horrible so not linked to Cannabis like some suggest.

I see no difference in vaping, Sound like IBS? Last time i went to my doc he sent me for a scope into the stomach and everything was all clear and he felt around the stomach and said it felt tender!?. Seriously thinking of going back and getting a proper diagnosis or moving country. But because it is a syndrome people think it aint real.

Last edited:
rodders83,

mikeben

I am sorry your IBS doctors are so hard with you about Cannabis or anyone has to go through that in 2016. I had to change my doc, but I got a pro Cannabis team and my IBS is in remission. Some constipation but I can eat anything again including Coffee which I missed for years. OK TMI I guess.

Wizsteve

Thank you for your replies @Slow Draw McGraw and @mikeben I really appreciate it.

Living in the UK it's all a little more difficult here... But I'm about to begin experimenting with some 1:1 CBD:THC cannabis. Hopefully I'll be able to use this on the go with positive results, but without getting too much of a high (so that I can still function properly throughout the day with work etc).

My sleep cycle isn't too bad, but I could certainly improve upon my diet.

Hate this problem, it came out of nowhere :(. At least I was fortunate enough to make it through my studies without hassle. But it's making getting a job in a city very problematic.

Sounds like parasites to me maybe worms even funny thing is we de-worm are pets twice a year but when it comes to are own heath we think we are immune against them.

Dewormers are sold over the counter in many Countrys and you will find sellers on ebay you will need at least 2 tabs first 1 kills the worms 2nd one you take to kill more worms left by the eggs the other worms left behind. If you haven't tried dewormering yourself please try it you might be surprised by what you find coming out the next day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BENDA-500-R...hash=item210abac0ca:m:m318wBwbtVahzwkpAYOIadQ

Wizsteve,
Reactions: FR0ST

Reflections

I Had IBS-D for years and lost tons of weight and got to a point I couldnt even eat anymore. Had all kinds of tests, even fecal ones. When I went in for a colonoscopy they found out I had Helicobacter Pylori,its a type of bacteria. These germs can enter your body and live in your digestive tract.
It can be treated with heavy antibiotics. I also started taking a really good probiotic daily and have been on the road of recovery for awhile now. Perhaps you can check for that.

FR0ST

Sounds like parasites to me maybe worms even funny thing is we de-worm are pets twice a year but when it comes to are own heath we think we are immune against them.

Dewormers are sold over the counter in many Countrys and you will find sellers on ebay you will need at least 2 tabs first 1 kills the worms 2nd one you take to kill more worms left by the eggs the other worms left behind. If you haven't tried dewormering yourself please try it you might be surprised by what you find coming out the next day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BENDA-500-R...hash=item210abac0ca:m:m318wBwbtVahzwkpAYOIadQ

Hmm I did wonder at the possibility of this @Wizsteve , especially as I was living in China at the time that it started to become a noticeable problem! At that point I was struggling more with nausea, but now it's mainly IBS like symptoms (sudden requirement for bowl movement). I only ever drank bottled water, but who knows what I was eating...

However, after completing a cognitive behavioral therapy course (CBT) I know that especially the nausea symptoms were mainly anxiety related, as I've managed to significantly reduce this symptom through exposure to certain situations such as public transport.

I will look into the possibility of parasites now though.

Wizsteve

Thx ,Your body will thank you for it :) ,OHH here is what some of them look like ....:worms:

Wizsteve,
Top Bottom