Wing by Elm & Owl

kuzko

Just saw this on another forum. The owner posted info about it after someone inquired about it... I think it is conduction, has a built in storage compartment, and a pretty good price point.

I think it is available already so this might belong in “released” portables thread. Apologies if there is already a thread for this vape, I couldn’t find one.

“Hi guys,

Nathan here, owner of www.VapePartsMart.com and a new start up launched Nov. 15th www.ElmOwl.com . ”

QVhioWN.jpg

kuzko,
Reactions: Jill NYC

elykpeace

exVASted
Looks like a lot of plastic ... I asked for a teardown on VLF and Nathan(elmandowl) said he might..
edit: will

Ceramic mp.. SS airpath and plastic outer shell. MSRP 129.99 and a one year warranty.

They really think the magnetic side car is revolutionary and it just looks kind of cheap.. for 129.99 I think the value of this particular unit it lacking..

Update: Nathan told me to throw this up here.

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/2087/owner-of-elmowl-new-portable-vape-company/p3

Ok everyone

Full disclosure and story time for those who care. I don't know what compels me to be this open but I really would not mind if even my customers saw this. I am what I am and can only do so much with my time and financial resources, but I'm pleased with where we've landed.

As I hinted, I am very well connected in China. Lived there, go there, and I actually love the country and the people.

In 2016 I spent 3 months in Shenzhen manufacturing the "Den Pen", www.LifetimeTech.com . It's a wax vape pen with a dab tool that pops out like a stylus of a cell phone and has wax storage up near the mouthpiece. All of it was my own molds and designs, but manufacturing just killed me. They simply couldn't bring my ideas to life. We were stupid and chose a cheap factory (one which actually makes products for some popular American brands who I will refrain from naming). Parts just didn't fit together properly and the pen came out too long. I sent it to Sneaky Pete. He liked it but agreed it was too long, although he praised my packaging. It wasn't worth launching something I didn't believe in.

I couldn't get the tool and storage + vape concept out of my head. I did not want to run the risk of creating a complete device from scratch on my second attempt. It's costly and time consuming. This time my idea was DETACHABLE storage which I find to be a way better concept than built in, because you can take it or leave it. I went back to China last December to factory hunt. We chose Airistech, a very professional factory by Chinese standards, and for the most part they specialize in dry herb vapes. The organization and general cleanliness of Airistech is significantly better than most Chinese factories and MUCH better than the factory I did my failed wax pen with.

Aristech was in final stages of development of a new product called the Herbva Pro. Check it out, http://airistech.com/product.php?id=31 . I have an agreement with William, the owner of Airistech, that I am the only other company to partner with them on the Herbva Pro. Airistech is becoming a popular enough brand that they no longer want to allow logo slapping/white labeling.... which is a VERY good thing for our industry!! But luckily William allowed me to do it, and I went to work making his product better. I redesigned the mouthpiece to be much more ergonomic. I added magnets to the side of it to allow for a herb storage attachment to securely attach. I added a stirring/cleaning/extracting tool... so now you don't need to carry a bag full of herb to refill the chamber OR a cleaning tool. We call it a complete vape system because it's got everything you need.

We named it "Wing", parent brand "Elm&Owl" and here's a shameless plug to my site www.ElmOwl.com . We worked hard on the website by the way. I even want the shopping experience to be pleasant for the customer.

Am I a fool for being this honest or is it appreciated? I don't really know what else I can disclose but feel free to ask questions. It has been fun talking with some of you!

-Nathan

Last edited:

CheebaChiefer

I also didn't see any other forum for this portable vape, so I posted here too. I received my "Wing" on this past Saturday. I have used it a few times(3 sessions) Unit comes double boxed, however, the outer box isn't sealed and could be opened by anyone. Inner box contains vape/accessories, As it is all the rage, intricate packaging is utilized.

The vape itself is not going to throw my Mighty out of the daily driver seat, but for a retail of $129.00 it isn't bad at all, people in general have purchased Grenco plastic junk for just as much, this is levels above that quality. Unit is ceramic, SS and silicon. Mouthpiece is held on by a magnet as is the herb storage pod, which attaches magnetically to the vapes side. A pick tool & extra mouthpieces are included. A 7" usb cable for charging the vape is included as well.

Performance was decent and to be expected of a $129.00 device. Low resistance on draw, surprise for me, now it's not wide open like a Mighty, but better than most small vapes. Oven holds as much as the dosing capsule for a Mighty. Medium level vapor taste/quantity, again not like a Mighty. Vape was effective and one bowl did the trick. My only complaint is how hot the vape gets down near the bottom/oven of the vape, right where your hand holds it.

Overall a decent vape, especially considering they retail $129.00. Not everyone can or wants to lay out over $300 to get top tier vapes. This is a solid mid-tier vape and is more compact than many vapes available.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
1495611610983906.jpg

Looks like this model . I have tried itt and it is not a Gem. You actually load it on the far end and it has an airpath like the herbstick deluxe. It has a rubber lid which touches the hot plastic rim of the ceramic chamber :D,you can guess how that adds to the taste..The lid is similar to those lid tht some phones have on their usb port to avoid dirt going in. 420 F feels like 380 F . Other than that it is very ergonomic shape and really stealthy ,batterylife aint bad either.
Airpath is claimed isolated ,but when you blow trough the moutthpiece you see condensation/moisture forming from your breath on the display..,so i would think twice about this statement.
Let's hope they have improved the WING over the Herbva PRO.

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: KeroZen

elykpeace

exVASted
Did a tear down at the request of Elm&Owl .. figured I'd post it here too (also on vlf) it is the Herbva with the magnetic sidecar assembly. There are 4 screws to open it up. 2 screws are located under the black rubber gasket under the ceramic mp. The other two screws can be found under the black square that surrounds the temp screen.

kipz20tmeqvuj9o9.jpg

Here it is all broken down
jhti0ajwznl78rnz.jpg

Zoomed in a little
v6nayalndm1rs17v.jpg

Airpath tube from the hole under ceramic all the way to the oven
vqndh56jr0frfl0a.jpg

Oven has black fabric wrapped with high temp tape that clear silicone bushing was in between the oven and exterior plastic .. at least there was an attempt to put a buffer in between the heat of the oven and this plastic that I think is not meant for such high temps
bbsri7usjoprp0l7.jpg

oven.. the door is a black rubber/silcone material with a "ceramic" plug.. over all Just long past this point in my vapelife to go back peddling back into this style of vape..

Last edited:

CheebaChiefer

Thanks for the tear down! It's clearly not a top tier vape and I think this is reflected in a retail @ $129. My few uses were certainly ok, but not "wow" inducing, as in my Mighty. First use of a Mighty is revelatory. I use my Mighty as a quality benchmark and very few vapes stack up to it.

Again for budget minded folks this could be great, like I said bf not everyone can or wants a $300+ portable vape.

CheebaChiefer,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@CheebaChiefer Well , if someone is budget minded he would get the herbva pro from dhgate.. for 40$..
Here at the Balkans cash is always tight ,and it makes me giggle when someone says only 129$.. Even in the 40$ pricetag there are better vapes than the herbva pro and the wing doesnt look like it is far off it.

Xtiina

I first bought the Twist Battery, loved it until it stopped charging after charging it 3 times. I tried contacting the company through the website but the emails won’t send. But since it’s a less expensive product, I thought the 2.Oil Vape Pen ($129) wouldn’t have the same issues; but I now can’t charge my pen after having it for 3 weeks. I really, really want to love Elm&Owl and I’m always receiving compliments on it but I’m not promoting a product or a company with zero customer service or proper quality assurance.

Please have Jerry Cheng, the Product Supplier or Nathan, the owner contact me so I can resolve this repeating product issue.

Xtiina,

Vaporware

I first bought the Twist Battery, loved it until it stopped charging after charging it 3 times. I tried contacting the company through the website but the emails won’t send. But since it’s a less expensive product, I thought the 2.Oil Vape Pen ($129) wouldn’t have the same issues; but I now can’t charge my pen after having it for 3 weeks. I really, really want to love Elm&Owl and I’m always receiving compliments on it but I’m not promoting a product or a company with zero customer service or proper quality assurance.

Please have Jerry Cheng, the Product Supplier or Nathan, the owner contact me so I can resolve this repeating product issue.

Someone from the company *might* see this, but this is not an official support forum (most of us are just users like you) so if you really need to talk to them I’d keep looking for other ways of contacting them.

Good luck! :)

Vaporware,

Xtiina

Someone from the company *might* see this, but this is not an official support forum (most of us are just users like you) so if you really need to talk to them I’d keep looking for other ways of contacting them.

Good luck! :)
Thank you! But I already tried looking elsewhere; trust me, this is my last resort lol. I was just hoping someone from the company might see it ‍♀️

Top Bottom