Why is it possible to "Report" your own posts?

buford

I fairly recently posted for the first time, after much lurking.

Today, just noticed that the buttons at the bottom each post are

Report Like Quote Reply

but for posts that i have made, my options are

Report Edit Like Quote Reply

Makes sense that you can't "Edit" other people's posts, also makes sense that you can't "Like" your own posts (although strangely enough reddit allows you to upvote your own posts).

But how come there is an option to "Report" your own posts? Does this happen very often? Ever?

eyevape

You can report yourself to the police if you feel guilty for something you’ve done. Maybe there are people who feel guilty for the stuff they wrote?

A hacked account or a split personality could also be a reason to self report. But I can’t imagine that anyone ever actually did so.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
lol The report button does not mean, you are reported for disciplinary action, it is just a report to mods... So it is also notification for them, for example, you report a post when you want to alert them that a vape is released and thread should be moved out of the unreleased section into the main section (something only mods can do) or also hypothetically you could report yourself if you want mods to move, or delete your post, if it was made by mistake etc, or if there is an error within it that you want them to correct like a typo (if it is past the edit window which is only 6 or 8 hours) Hope that clarifies this feature further for you!

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
You can report yourself to the police if you feel guilty for something you’ve done. Maybe there are people who feel guilty for the stuff they wrote?
lol The report button does not mean, you are reported for disciplinary action,

And yet some do self report because they want/crave disciplinary action.

Sativapo

Typically as the example of the double post that happened to me too it happens quite often to report something you did by mistake/ accidentally and you prefer to come forward than hide/wait to get caught or reprimanded ex : you hurt someone by accident, damage another car...

Sativapo,
Reactions: Octavia
Top Bottom