Why do I prefer my VG over my Q?

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Hey all. So i just got a VG to use to see if I like it and if I wanted me own. Turns out i LOVE the little guy. Really is convenient and easy to use and produces good results. The high I get from the VG is much more similar to combusting (although it IS NOT the same, just more similar). I have now found myself not really using my Extreme Q too much now. When I started to think about it, I realized that the VG is easier, quick, and the results are as good (if not better!) so it made sense.

But...

Why?

Why do I like the $50 portable unit more then my $300 desktop unit? This exact question led me to starting this thread. I realized that I must be missing something with my Q. With the same amount of herbs, the VG seems to get much bigger hits and get me much more medicated. With the Q, it always seems that I am trying to dial it in. I can never just put it on a temp and hit at it, and I always find myself asking if I'm doing it right, or if I'm going to get the proper affects.

Long story short...why do I think the VG is better then the Q?

Thanks

finchrock24,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Not sure how much experience you have vaping, but my VG can deliver big ass hits. You may be getting more similar results to smoking because of combustion. I know it is easy to cook the herb too much in the VG and maybe that is one reason...you might be getting a vapor/smoke combo hit, especially at the end of the bowl. Also, when I first started vaping I had an E and a VG. I found myself grabbing the VG more often than I thought because it was more like smoking, and that made it a more comfortable ritual.

The E (or Q) has a lot of variables and has a lot of steps to get to vapor compared to smoking or using the VG. But the Q will produce more vapor, better taste, and has more variable and better temp control than the VG. Eventually, as I got more experience vaping, I found the VG taking a backseat unless I was travelling.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
VG seems to get much bigger hits
That's just design difference. Load a big bowl in the Genie, and you're getting a lot of herb heated up quick, with a short vapor path. You can get bigger hits on the E by loading the elbow instead of the bowl. The bowl on the E is big, and is easily stirred up by your draw, so the vapor/air ratio is less than with standard style whip vapes.

The high I get from the VG is much more similar to combusting
That's because you're getting closer to combustion with the Genie. Your flame time and draw speed determine the temp, and when that's the case, vs. a temp control, you usually end up vaping hotter. I use an iolite and a Launch Box for portable use, and almost always vape hotter with the LB, while the iolite has a set temp, and no matter how long I hit it, it's not going to approach combustion temp. If you prefer the higher temps, you can boost the temp on the E, but unlike some other vapes, it's only going to get so hot. You couldn't combust if you tried. If you want a really high temp whip vape, you should look at the 7th Floor models.

Your situation is a perfect example of why we say 'there is no best vaporizer'. It all depends on what you're looking for. In your case, you could say the $55 Genie is better than the $300 EQ, at least for you.

max,

Beezleb

The vaporizer that suits your needs/style/usage the best, is the best vaporizer for you. For some it would be the Extreme Q and similar class vaporizers, for others its a wand vape, for others its whip based vape, and for others its a more economical style vape and so on and on.

Thanks for your post.

Beezleb,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Today I packed the elbow with some good meds so me and my friend could take some bags and the first bag was noticeably better tasting. I had it warmed up to 220 for about ten minutes or maybe more then backed it off to 200 and blew the bag up on fan 2. It was what I would call a perfect bag...good taste, and vapor. The next bag had less vapor, and the third being no visible vapor after I turned it up to 220. I just seems like I should get more then one GOOD bag out of the amount I put in...the Volcano I use every now and thow can easily get three bags of visible vapor and good taste (although I know the Q is not a Volcano).

After the bags, we put the ABV in the VG because it def. still had some good stuff left in it. Each got two hits and then we were feeling pretty good.

finchrock24,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom