Whip Tubing - Sleeving and Covers

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
This is pretty much info from the Vapolution 3 thread but it will be lost there and will be more helpful here I'm sure.

If you don't have a vape that uses a lot of tubing or specifically silicone tubing this may not seem appealing or like a needed accessory. I purchased the sleeving to help reduce the amount of lint/junk/debris/etc my tubing would pick up from just being set down somewhere. It also helps reduce sharp angles that cut off airflow and makes the tubing a lot more enjoyable to touch.

This is the sleeving I purchased - 1/4 Inch PET Braided Sleeving from Techflex (purchased on Amazon).

Video of just the sleeving

Sleeving on my VAP3 whip
uKe37cI.jpg

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
The braided wrap from Jaycar works well for anyone in Oz looking for a whip cover. You will need to either melt the end strands & pinch it together or use a piece of silicone to cover the end like paytonpenn has. One thing this will do is eliminate any kinking of whips & it will no longer be a magnet for everything & anything that will stick to it.

Vape on

virtualpurple

This is pretty much info from the Vapolution 3 thread but it will be lost there and will be more helpful here I'm sure.

If you don't have a vape that uses a lot of tubing or specifically silicone tubing this may not seem appealing or like a needed accessory. I purchased the sleeving to help reduce the amount of lint/junk/debris/etc my tubing would pick up from just being set down somewhere. It also helps reduce sharp angles that cut off airflow and makes the tubing a lot more enjoyable to touch.

This is the sleeving I purchased - 1/4 Inch PET Braided Sleeving from Techflex (purchased on Amazon).

Video of just the sleeving

Sleeving on my VAP3 whip
uKe37cI.jpg

Dude! I love this idea! I'm not sure how to figure out the sizing all that well though. I added the 1/4" to my card, but also added some 1/8th', hoping that it will be small enough to use with my Herbalizer whip tubing, as I find that the herbie tubing also collapses and kinks, which makes it a pain to use unless you find just the right angle.

virtualpurple

@virtualpurple what is your whip outer diameter? I have an EQ & used 13mm over my 13mm whip & it fits perfectly & is next to impossible to kink. The issue is taking care of the ends after they are cut.

M2ysLNlm.jpg

I'm just not sure to be honest. I am away from home until the 18th so I don't have the tubing to measure up. Vtac's whip tubing thread lists the Herbie tubing as having a 0.35" OD, I'm kind of a dummy with trying to convert that over though.

virtualpurple,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
If you have .35" tubing that converts to 9mm or 3/8" so that's the size you should go for. It does seem to be a pretty small OD as that is what my EQ's id whip is but I don't know the Herbalizer? I used cut down velcro cable ties from a .99c store & it makes a huge aesthetic improvement once the ends have been cut.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Just how I roll mate. This is a must have for anyone who uses a silicone whip really so share the love. I swear either I was really stoned & dreamt it or this type of cover is available in a lot of different colours in the USA.

Stevenski,

virtualpurple

Uh oh, now you got me thinking I need to look for heat shrink. Is it difficult to apply?

virtualpurple,

birdbraineater

@virtualpurple what is your whip outer diameter? I have an EQ & used 13mm over my 13mm whip & it fits perfectly & is next to impossible to kink. The issue is taking care of the ends after they are cut.

M2ysLNlm.jpg
can the ends be flamed, similar to flaming a nylon rope, to keep the fraying in check?

birdbraineater,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Yes & no @birdbraineater. You can flame it but it does not work well. You may get better results if you heated up some wire & used it to cut the cover? Heatshrink is the best solution for the ends really.

Stevenski,

birdbraineater

Yes & no @birdbraineater. You can flame it but it does not work well. You may get better results if you heated up some wire & used it to cut the cover? Heatshrink is the best solution for the ends really.
Is heat shrink the blue and red ends shown in the picture? Sure leaves a neat appearance.

birdbraineater,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Only because i wanted an Air mate. The FM 5.0 pro is a great vape & i have passed it onto a friend. As it was only $150 it is great value in 'Straya opposed to the Solo/Air at $250-280. I recommend it highly especially as a cheap first vape with the FM 5.0 even better value at $120.

Stevenski,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@paytonpenn that's taken me on a trip down memory lane. I used to make custom wiring looms for motorcycles so I've used a fair bit braided sleeving always finished at the end with heatshrink. Both of which come in a variety of colors. Excellent re-purposing.

phattpiggie,

virtualpurple

@paytonpenn that's taken me on a trip down memory lane. I used to make custom wiring looms for motorcycles so I've used a fair bit braided sleeving always finished at the end with heatshrink. Both of which come in a variety of colors. Excellent re-purposing.

Custom looms? That sounds pretty interesting, any pics of your work?

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@virtualpurple Done before the advent of the technology we have today unfortunately. All gets hidden so not much to see really. If I find anything I will PM you.
As I posted previously it's an excellent re-purpose and doesn't look out of place at all.

phattpiggie,
Top Bottom