Whip diameter size?

PeteyS

What's up guys, im just curious as to what whip size people like to use.
I just got a new mini globe from sneaky Pete, and the whip it comes with is Tiny! It looks to be a 1/4 inch ID, and has a little glass mouth piece and 14mm adapter that are are even smaller then 1/4 ID. Isn't this too much restriction?

On the other hand, I have a larger whip from DDAVE, and this seems to be 3/8 ID.

Im wondering which one is better to use for one and done style hits. I like the idea of the smaller whip, and it feels like the restriction might be a good thing in a way, but its just so much smaller then the whip I was using before, and feels really tight.

Back to back testing will be done but I have to wait until the weekend!

Thanks
Pete.

PeteyS,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes a little restriction makes one hitters easier, especially if it is a globe, not sure about the mini, but that empty volume and matrix perc are pretty terrible for quick milking, so any restriction will help you :tup:

Shit Snacks,

howie105

One choice is a 7/16" OD silicone tubing with a 1/16" wall thickness, which has enough stretch and compression to fit over a 14 mm male adapter and into a 14 mm female coupling. For an 18 mm male adapter, the same size tubing will nest into the adapter. All that said, there is a downside: the thin wall will kink more than thicker wall tubing, but it's manageable.

Last edited:
howie105,

Pukka

Don't know about od & id but Elev8's hose is the _only_ hose I'll suck on. No taste (imo), no kink, no stink and you can simmer it in a pot of water to clean.

Pukka,

PeteyS

Ok, so Ive been using the mini globe from sneaky Pete and it's great. But I'll def need to replace the whip it came with to a 7/16, or 3/8 ID, with new fittings. The whip that came with the glove is only 1/4, and the 14mm adapter and mouth piece that attach to the whip are even smaller then 1/4 inch. Great for sipping on, but way too restricted for one and done rips.

PeteyS,

howie105

Me too, I use a 7/16” OD with 1/16” wall thickness silicone whip, which works well for less restrictive whips. If one makes an angular cut at the end of the whip, it can be pressed fitted into a 14 mm female socket without an adapter, and it will still seal well with less restriction. Bonuses will fit into an 18 mm male socket and over a 14 mm male taper.

howie105,
Top Bottom