• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

which vaporizer has over heat protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hjia

Hi everyone

Which vaporizer has the over heat protection to prevent explosion? I am currently using snow wolf 200w. I want something 100% safe. I am using CC-CV charger right now. So charging should be OK.

Which vaporizer is the safest? Like some control circuit in it to prevent battery explosion.

Thx guys

Hjia,

little maggie

There have been problems with e-cigs exploding. Not vaporizers.
If you can an article on an exploding vaporizer please post it but I don't think there is and if there is one that has blown up that would just indicate how low the liklihood is..

little maggie,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I've read through a lot of FC and haven't heard of any explosions of cannabis vaporizers. If you are afraid of that use a desk style unit. They use a regular electrical plug in.

I wouldn't worry about explosions of cannabis vaporizers. I haven't seen where that's a problem.

It was the battery that was a problem with ecigs.

Relax, vaporize and enjoy your cannabis.

Last edited:
CarolKing,
Reactions: max

HomeFree

that is an ecig mod, not an herb vape. Those box mods make me nervous because most of the time I read about a failure nowadays it is with a box mod especially with a hybrid connection and a tank with not enough clearance on the center positive connection of the atomizer. So make sure you are not doing that for starters. You probably already are well aware of it.

As someone pointed out, the user is responsible for ensuring their own safety. Know your batteries and what they can handle as far as your build. I build at no more than 3/4 max continuous (not max pulse) myself, and I check to see if the battery was tested before purchasing, that way I can see what another end user is seeing while testing. People say you are always ONLY pulsing, but what about an autofire where it is continuous? It seems like a lot of these amperage results are kind of fudged to be higher. Something to think about, but ecigs are not really an FC thing. There are other forums to discuss ecigs.

HomeFree,
Reactions: KeroZen

valleysquirrel

@Hjia yeah my dude, FC is not the place

I recommend you Google 'Reddit E-Cig' and 'Reddit Vaping'. Ask your questions there and you should get a response soon enough.

valleysquirrel,

Wizsteve

Hi everyone

Which vaporizer has the over heat protection to prevent explosion? I am currently using snow wolf 200w. I want something 100% safe. I am using CC-CV charger right now. So charging should be OK.

Which vaporizer is the safest? Like some control circuit in it to prevent battery explosion.

Thx guys

Welcome to FC ,Its all in the battery for ecig mods ,for those you need a hi drain at 35-40 amps ,it's when ppl use flashlight battery's which are low drain.
As you push down the button the battery will heat up holding it down too long well bam.

This is why snow wolf says at least 30 amp battery (nice mod btw)
The battery's i use are 35a IMR 18650 efest 2500mah they are safe.

Wizsteve,

max

Out to lunch
I've read through a lot of FC and haven't heard of any explosions of cannabis vaporizers.
Yes, no explosions from overheating, which is why I removed that part from the thread title. Don't want to spread fear and misinformation, even with a temporary thread aimed at ei-cigs.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
As max says, I think the exploding issue is related to mainly e-cigs : http://www.1guide.net/e-cigarette-explosions-an-in-depth-investigation/

Obviously there is always a chance of batteries exploding if you happen to have a dodgy Chinese knock-off vaporiser or dodgy charger, but I cannot find anything about genuine MMJ vaporisers exploding.

The e-cig explosions can also be if the user messes about with amps and the coil and could overload / short-circuit a unit, so some of these accidents are purely user error / modification not a faulty device per sae.

1DMF,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
The battery's i use are 35a IMR 18650 efest 2500mah they are safe.

Excepted your cells are only 20A continuous in reality. Efest is not a manufacturer, they just rewrap B-grade cells from the big 3 (Samsung, LG, Sony) There are no 35A cells with that capacity on the market currently. The VapPower 2500 I use in my Zion have the same bold claims on the package. Apparently some people found that LG took a large security margin for their HE2/HE4 cells specs sheet, hinting they could be 25A continuous, but clearly not 35A. If you want a real 30A continuous you get a lower capacity as a trade-off.

Obviously there is always a chance of batteries exploding if you happen to have a dodgy Chinese knock-off vaporiser or dodgy charger

You forgot the most common: fake rewrapped cells. There are plenty around, esp. on ebay and amazon. Any price too good to be true is likely that.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
checking Google/News and reported just today, an ecig exploded in a 14 year old's face - blinding him in one eye and causing severe injuries

New York teen badly injured by exploding e-cigarette
CBS News - ‎4 hours ago
A teenage boy suffered serious injuries when an e-cigarette vaporizer he was holding blew up in his face. The 14-year-old, who spent five days in the hospital, was left with permanent injuries after his attorney said he was maimed and blinded by an ...

know your chemist ... know your vaporizer maker ... eh? i am sure glad i use only genuine A123Systems batteries and they are 36" away from my face and the vaporizer heater.

Hippie Dickie,

Wizsteve

@KeroZen nice can you list a few 30a ones?

Lower cap would be fine i would think since it holds two battery's .

Did you all check out what he is talking about? really nice mod.

I Guess the the real question any vapes with a 510 connection ? Yocan makes a few like the 94f .
coil could be redone to work with temp mode. would it work ?

Last edited:
Wizsteve,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
For cells selection I'll repost that excellent infographic (credits Mooch):

W6InPf4.jpg

I would go for the HB4 or HB6, or if you know your source for the VTC4.

For vapes with a 510 output there is the FlowerMate Aura Hybrid and the upcoming VapeDyamics Duo. There's a 3rd one but I can't remember the name sorry...

Also make sure to check the "BULLI" and "the Project" threads for full convection 510 attys.

KeroZen,
Reactions: 1DMF

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
As the e-cig makers continue to pour into the very popular cheap pen mj market the odds increase that at some point you'll see 'unsafe' fingers pointed at weed vapes.
I guess sticking anything with a battery in your mouth comes with a risk, but it is worrying how easily the Chinese stick two fingers up at health and safety.

There is a UK T.V. program called 'Fake Britain', that is highlighting the amount of fake Chinese crap to flood our shops, and these are reputable companies that have been duped by fake EU safety standards labels from unscrupulous Chinese manufacturers.

They include building site safety helmets that split in two when dropped to children's chairs that go up in flames and release toxic fumes in a matter of seconds.

I'm just glad I found FC a got expert advice before I got any further into buying cheap Chinese vapes!

1DMF,
Reactions: kellya86
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom