• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Which vape should I get?

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
Personally, I've been really enjoying my short time with the Firewood 7 as my pocket friendly on-demand vape. It's well constructed, chucks out vapor, and the heat up time is nice and quick. It's not perfect, but so far it's fitting my needs really well.

If you want to go the butane route, you could definitely look at a Dynavap & torch, or spring for a battery Induction Heater (IH) as well.

Greentea

I have a dynavap but not a fan of heating up vapes. I want something electric. Firewood 7 looks great but none are available right now.. what should I do?

Greentea,

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
I have a dynavap but not a fan of heating up vapes. I want something electric. Firewood 7 looks great but none are available right now.. what should I do?
If the Firewood interests you, he should be adding more units to the site within the next few weeks. Just check in on the site regularly. After you order, there is generally a few week delay as he makes the units for that batch, but mine arrived well ahead of the quoted date.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

The firewood7 is a great transition from session to on demand, still using ceramic chamber, I would follow the thread here so you know as soon as they are available again, even email him to ask about a wait list? The TM is a good option if you want to just be able to order now, though pure convection is going to make it even more different on top of being on demand... Presuming you were using a largely session conduction vape. Welcome to FC by the way!

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Another potentially interesting option--if they haven't already sold out--might be the Milaana 3 or splinter Z with a boxmod? I haven't used them, but I have seen the RBT vapes compared to e.g. the TM and FW7 so bring it up as something you could also consider.

On reddit some folks were just comparing them (I guess specifically the Milaana). A few folks said that while the milaana didn't win on convenience (unregulated, so the temp is up to how long you hold/pulse the button as opposed to a setting on the FW or TM), they found the flavor and "ritual" on the milaana better. I don't buy into the ritual argument as I don't think pulsing a button and making sure I inhale just so enhances my vaping experience, but maybe you will? The flavor comment was interesting (felt that the TM imparted a taste) but its also the only time I've seen it brought up, so ymmv--the poster in question ended up selling his TM but I think he also had concerns about the build and longevity of the unit.

ginolicious

I love my Firefly 2+. Yeah you gotta stir. But damn the hits are potent, huge, and hella flavourful.

ginolicious,

Vapouristo

Vapouristo Extraordinaire IG: @Vapouristo
Company Rep
Hey all, I am facing a dilemma. I need a heavy-hitting portable vaporizer, which can compete with the tolerance resulting from my heavy Flowerpot usage. I still want a dynavap soon, as I said earlier. But with current Pandemic restrictions, I realize I can forgo some of the portability to provide more oomph.

What I had in mind last year was the Tiny Might vape. It is constructed so beautifully and solidly, with a seemingly reliable heater to last years to come. However, it is quite expensive for me to get into Canada due to the currency conversion, shipping fees, duties/customs/taxes/import fees, etc. So I never got it. I also was using my Pax 3 with the NV asjusta-lid for my on-the-go needs and had just gotten my second Flowerpot instead.

I was never satisfied with the Pax, though. The NV lid worked wonders, but switching from Pax to Flowerpot and back and forth is like eating a Big Mac Combo before dining at a 3 Michelin Star Restaurant. So I scoured the forums for all kinds of portable 18650 (including 510) vapes such as RBT lineup, Firewood, Stempod, and a few others I can't remember of the top of my head. All of which is kinda difficult and expensive to get into Canada, especially with the way Covid is affecting Global postage.

Then I realized I can get Vapcaps and Sticky Bricks in Canada from a variety of websites. Sticky Brick is the least discrete of the above, IMO, but in terms of portability, they fold into a big wooden block basically, which suits my needs since it's easy to throw in a backpack and bike off to a nice forest spot.

I am still uncertain, though, because all of the vapes I mentioned are really expensive, and I would like to pursue the most economically viable option. Said viability extends to the longevity of whatever vaporizer I decide upon since I am leary of the electronics, in terms of how they aren't necessarily tested in the longgggg long term for how long they can last and what they can handle;

I am strongly leaning towards a Sticky Brick. I'm looking for thoughts, suggestions, advice and alternatives to meet my needs based on what I described.

Thanks, guys !!!

Vapouristo,

Vaporware

If you want to keep the cost lower a brick or similar model is a good option. I personally don’t like the idea of inhaling the output of a torch so I’ve stayed away from them, but that’s about the only issue I can see, and if you have a good and we’ll maintained torch with high quality butane it’s probably not a real problem…I’m just not sure.

While I wait for my Nomad (close to done!) I’m using the Firewood 7 and VapCaps on the portable front. I don’t usually load much more in the FW7 than I would in a full VapCap, but it is nice to have the option.

It’s also nice on the VC side that you don’t have to worry about batteries or electronics. You can use an induction heater, but you can also use a torch lighter or many other heat sources if you need to. They can hit pretty hard, but they aren’t huge bowls so if your tolerance is high you might need more than one. If that doesn’t bother you, a VC is still a great option.

The TM is good too, and it should be closer to what you’re used to, but from what I’ve seen I would consider the FW7’s construction is a bit more “solid”. Any of these should get the job done though, and they’re all worthy of having long term I think. :)

Vapouristo

Company Rep
If you want to keep the cost lower a brick or similar model is a good option.

They can hit pretty hard, but they aren’t huge bowls so if your tolerance is high you might need more than one. If that doesn’t bother you, a VC is still a great option.

The TM is good too, and it should be closer to what you’re used to, but from what I’ve seen I would consider the FW7’s construction is a bit more “solid”. Any of these should get the job done though, and they’re all worthy of having long term I think. :)
Yes! the Brick seems like a must-have for my needs! Now to decide between the Jr. or the Maxx :hmm: If I already had a VC I would undoubtedly get the Maxx to have the perfect sweet spot between my FP power and VC discretion/portability. But since I am currently without a VC, I can see the value of a SB Jr., which hits almost as good (so I've read) as the Maxx and OG, with much better portability. It is a tough call since I am without a VC, and either way, my tolerance is far too high for a VC with my school currently out

I know you say the VC is a worthy contender, but I'm starting to come to the conclusion that I must reserve a VC purchase for when I am doing night-time use only. I know the flavour and effects with the VC can be immense, but too often I see whispy hits, with perpetual loading and unloading. The way I see it, if one-hitters never got me high when I smoked, then a vaporizer one-hitter might not be much better until I can reset my tolerance when school is back in session.

I've never used any portable that hit as hard as a FP.
I've heard you can come very close with a Tiny Might and the Sticky Brick(to a less reliable extent) both through water. but the chamber and heating elements are smaller n less powerful which understandably = smaller hits. I'm not looking for the portable that hits as hard, I'm just looking for a portable that can get me just as high or almost as high as with the FP with minimal effort.

Edit: Im hitting my Flowerpots right now, and I'm realizing..... I already have one of the best desktops. Why am I trying to compete by paying an extra 100 dollars for a Sticky Brick with desktop capabilities, when I could just save my money and enjoy the increased portability of the Jr. and stick to my FP as my desktop driver??? Maybe I can save some money for extra bud, or a VapCapM? Thoughts? @Vaporware Now that I wrote this, I realize a superior gameplan may involve a VC M and a SBJ in the same order, which costs the same difference as a SB Maxx.

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
@Vapouristo

Just a thought, but you mentioned you'd find the SB line up acceptably portable to toss in a bag and bike somewhere. Maybe you mean motorcycle as opposed to bicycle (where in the event of a fall the last thing you probably care about is your vape) but as a thought on that use case I put a looooooooooot of miles on my bike and still manage to occasionally eat it. Landing on a vape with glass and a wooden body might not feel awesome, and unless you've packaged it extremely well the glass pieces might not come out alive. I also think the larger bricks would be terrible for that use case, at least the maxx.

I'd think the runt or jr would be the move, but for me that is a great example of where a DV M (or omni if you want bliing) shines due to being virtually indestructible. Unfortunately if you're packing more than ~.1g in your fp bowls then yeah, you'd need to reload a few times. I think unless you get your tolerance down some that might still have some cons--people definitely rip through an entire DV tip in a single heating cycle. Its not for me, but there are plenty of videos. But doing that without water seems like it would be a horrible experience to me. If your lungs can handle the heat and volume then maybe you'd be groovy, but some things to consider.

N.B. No experience with the bricks as I'm one of those in the "nervous about huffing butane" camp (I think even with the fancy 11x distilled stuff the last data sets I looked at on another site showed the presence of contaminants, so saying that the byproducts of combusting it are 100% safe is a thing that holds in theory, but not reality--its obviously tiny amounts so I'm not knocking anyone for saying its safe enough given that we're huffing a product that unfortunately hasn't been well tested in any laboratory settings anyway, it just gives me pause). Totally possible the runt would do just fine since everything is wrapped in wood, I just know falling at a good speed can bang me up pretty good, so I'd be worried about shattering/cracking something.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: Vapouristo

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yes! the Brick seems like a must-have for my needs! Now to decide between the Jr. or the Maxx :hmm: If I already had a VC I would undoubtedly get the Maxx to have the perfect sweet spot between my FP power and VC discretion/portability. But since I am currently without a VC, I can see the value of a SB Jr., which hits almost as good (so I've read) as the Maxx and OG, with much better portability. It is a tough call since I am without a VC, and either way, my tolerance is far too high for a VC with my school currently out

I know you say the VC is a worthy contender, but I'm starting to come to the conclusion that I must reserve a VC purchase for when I am doing night-time use only. I know the flavour and effects with the VC can be immense, but too often I see whispy hits, with perpetual loading and unloading. The way I see it, if one-hitters never got me high when I smoked, then a vaporizer one-hitter might not be much better until I can reset my tolerance when school is back in session.

I've heard you can come very close with a Tiny Might and the Sticky Brick(to a less reliable extent) both through water. but the chamber and heating elements are smaller n less powerful which understandably = smaller hits. I'm not looking for the portable that hits as hard, I'm just looking for a portable that can get me just as high or almost as high as with the FP with minimal effort.

Edit: Im hitting my Flowerpots right now, and I'm realizing..... I already have one of the best desktops. Why am I trying to compete by paying an extra 100 dollars for a Sticky Brick with desktop capabilities, when I could just save my money and enjoy the increased portability of the Jr. and stick to my FP as my desktop driver??? Maybe I can save some money for extra bud, or a VapCapM? Thoughts? @Vaporware Now that I wrote this, I realize a superior gameplan may involve a VC M and a SBJ in the same order, which costs the same difference as a SB Maxx.
I'd put any vapcap money toward a Tinymight and/or Firewood7, as @Shit Snacks recommended to the OP. Get a wpa with either one as they really show out with a j-hook or bubbler for bigger hits.

The og Brick is the only one I have. It has a terrific ritual, great flavor, and lovely rapid extraction. Go maxx or runt if you want to use it with water though.

Vapouristo

Company Rep
Also a fine choice! Just not quite as portable or as simple without regulation, although it could actually be simpler really and I've used my own in extremely portable situations :tup:
Ive given it some fair consideration. Its definitely not as easy to use as TM or FW, but easier than a Brick. Its also not much cheaper than a TM for me, but, read as follows:

My primary affection for the Mi3 is the fact that it is constructed similarly to an electric guitar cavity, with hand-wired electronics. This is perfect for 2 reasons... im an avid electric guitarist, and the fact it is all hand-wired and anolog is a major bonus because I feel I could source replacement parts domesrically and I feel confident enough to perform repairs as needed years down the line. I have 2 Flowerpots so i sought a portable with a similar industrial-esque construction and convection power.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ive given it some fair consideration. Its definitely not as easy to use as TM or FW, but easier than a Brick. Its also not much cheaper than a TM for me, but, read as follows:

My primary affection for the Mi3 is the fact that it is constructed similarly to an electric guitar cavity, with hand-wired electronics. This is perfect for 2 reasons... im an avid electric guitarist, and the fact it is all hand-wired and anolog is a major bonus because I feel I could source replacement parts domesrically and I feel confident enough to perform repairs as needed years down the line. I have 2 Flowerpots so i sought a portable with a similar industrial-esque construction and convection power.

Awesome, yeah a very well informed and researched decision sounds like! That is why I love Milaana still too, something so special about the analog nature, simply yet effective, good transition from a brick (a buddy of mine got one last year to basically have an electric brick to use at his girlfriend's place) and the guitar appeal angle is pretty cool!!

Top Bottom