Which native vapes really cool/tone the vapor

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I'm an older(73) weed user who's been vaping for six years now and thinking about replacing ye auld ogCrafty. I smoked cigarettes for fifty years and smoked dope for nearly as long, and so now my lungs are somewhat sensitive. I've got half a dozen vapes other than the Crafty, including half-a-dozen Vapecaps, but over the last five years find that I can't use any of them except the Crafty except through my big water bubblers. Meaning that I don't use any of them when I'm out and about hiking, biking, visiting friends, partying, etc. And so my question: Are there any native vapes that have cooling/toning comparable to or better than the Crafty/Mighty? Or should I just bite the bullet and get a Crafty +? Thanks for thoughts and ideas.

PS: The two things I like about my ogCrafty are #1. The cooling chamber and #2. The dosing caps, which let me reload in the windy wild cold places I adore.

Mr. Me2

I’ll bet the Tafée Bowle will check all your boxes. VERY cool vapor. Super easy to use. Super fast heat up. Uses its own “dosing caps”, so easy to fill and maintain.

The Crafty is really a session vape and the tb is convection so that is a big difference, but I think you’ll prefer that.

If you want something like a crafty, have you looked at the Healthy Rips lineup? Much less expensive versions of S&B products.

Happy shopping!!!

shredder

I'm an older(73) weed user who's been vaping for six years now and thinking about replacing ye auld ogCrafty. I smoked cigarettes for fifty years and smoked dope for nearly as long, and so now my lungs are somewhat sensitive. I've got half a dozen vapes other than the Crafty, including half-a-dozen Vapecaps, but over the last five years find that I can't use any of them except the Crafty except through my big water bubblers. Meaning that I don't use any of them when I'm out and about hiking, biking, visiting friends, partying, etc. And so my question: Are there any native vapes that have cooling/toning comparable to or better than the Crafty/Mighty? Or should I just bite the bullet and get a Crafty +? Thanks for thoughts and ideas.

PS: The two things I like about my ogCrafty are #1. The cooling chamber and #2. The dosing caps, which let me reload in the windy wild cold places I adore.

You sound like me a couple years ago. I never found that magical perfect vape. Eventually I went to edibles with a occasional hit off a cart vape in the evening. Essentially micro dosing with a cart, with edibles providing a nice base.

But you may need a bigger freezer, if you go this route, lol. I have 12 types of weed capsules, 3 concentrate capsules, medicated brownies and chocolate bars, although I don't freeze the chocolate bars.

It's somewhat liberating to not have to carry a vape and herb/concentrate while out and about.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
In my opinion from the vaporizers I've used, the hands free Vapor Brothers with the Viper attachment whip is the smoothest most comfortable vaporizing experience I could ever hope to have. I'm 66 myself. It's as good as it gets and it's completely hands free - there's nothing to hold.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Oh shit, yeah! I forgot this was for hiking. Every ounce counts. If you have access to hash rosin carts, that's the best pocketable full spectrum option.

The battery life differences are kind of otherworldly too. I'd probably want a USB battery bank if I was toting the Bowle somewhere. Seems like they used to not recommend that but it would be kind of essential for me.

Whereas I could probably get a full week of heavy use from my UNi Pro before needing a charge.

TM and V3 Pro with spare 18650's would fit the bill as well and be worth checking out!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
There are a lot of new portables available that hadn't been invented five years ago and the Crafty is not a good measure of what to expect from the best of them.

I sold my mighty several years ago and even at that time had a half dozen portables that kicked its ass in terms of flavor, effects, vapor quality and ritual.

You should look into on demand convection portables to see how they agree with you and your sensitive throat/lungs:

Tinymight is a no brainer and the best value among the higher end devices. Flavor isn't the best with the stainless steel cooling unit in the vapor path so use a bubbler or j-hook at home.

Firewood7 has hybrid heating so stonier effects from the conduction of its ceramic chamber. Carries the best of any high end portable and the built-in hula stem provides impressive cooling. Powerful heater with wide open airflow and a trove of good looking case designs.

Tetra P80 is only available through batch drops that sell out in minutes and costs a hundred dollars more than the Tinymight. It's also less portable because it uses a ground glass joint (like my discontinued favorite the Splinter Z) so it's better to carry the stem detached from the vape until you're ready to use it.

Tafee Bowle has a gimmicky plastic cup design, the smallest internal battery in its class, and peeling finish issues that they've hopefully fixed by now but sure yeah folks love the vapor quality and cooling from that aluminum mouthpiece and I guess coming from the aluminum and plastic vapor path of the Crafty it's still an upgrade.

On the lower end we're curious about the Xmax V3 Pro. Not available in the US yet so the proverbial jury is still out.

Don't get a Crafty+. The slow, overpriced plastic and aluminum session vapes of yesteryear are likely adding to your irritation and the + nothing new to the equation. Any of the above portables will extract so much better that one hit will be equivalent to two or three on the Crafty. You'll waste less too.

I don't fuck with dosing capsules. Of the high end convection portables I detailed I think the P80 with a wooden capsule stem is the only one with an elegant capsule hack.

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@Polarbearboy -
I think the Crafty is some of the coolest vapor from the NATIVE stem you can find to date, so I don’t think you should dismiss the Crafty+.

Personally, I do not think the Tinymight is cool enough with native stem and I find the cooling unit destroys the taste off the bat. But that is just my opinion.

As others have mentioned, the Healthy Rips Edge/Rogue is a good, cheaper route. And if the native mouthpiece isn’t cool enough, adding some glass beads definitely brings the temp down an extra notch.

I don’t have the Tafee Bowl (yet), but from what I have read, that seems to be a really good option as well.

I would also say the Firewood 6 is a great hiking vape, I find the tiny stem to be extremely effective in cooling, although I don’t think there are any available unless you look for a used one.

In my opinion (even while I am always up for people diversifying their vape collection), for your asks, the Crafty+ may be the way to go.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I've been wishing for a FW7, for reasons like yours. I have not used one yet.
Very smooth, very tasty, pocketable, with a nice glass mouthpiece protected by the wood case.
Don't we already have/love a lot of the same portables? I definitely recommend the Firewood7. I haven't used mine much because I want to stop it from denting the wrappers on my cells first. I'm not handy so I don't have a dremel or file handy even if I saw exactly where the problem was.

Despite my battery damage issue it's a great little vape: feels good in the hand, single button operation with just adjustable presets is kinda relaxing, and like @Jill NYC was saying the hula stem is surprisingly effective.

Mr. Me2

Don't we already have/love a lot of the same portables? I definitely recommend the Firewood7. I haven't used mine much because I want to stop it from denting the wrappers on my cells first. I'm not handy so I don't have a dremel or file handy even if I saw exactly where the problem was.

Despite my battery damage issue it's a great little vape: feels good in the hand, single button operation with just adjustable presets is kinda relaxing, and like @Jill NYC was saying the hula stem is surprisingly effective.
And so nice to see you, @bossman !

im not a robot

i really really like my fw7 a lot. like @bossman said ^ it just feels and handles very nicely, good taste, and also very portable with good native cooling .. not sure it is as handy for hiking as a crafty with dosing capsules though, filling the firewood requires steady hands and no winds.

while i havent tried it yet, i think you should have a look at the v3pro thread, it is extremely affordable by comparison, and from what i read so far, the vapor is described as being very smooth. also looks like a great vape to throw into bags without having to worry about its well being.
i think some people have also experimented with dosing capsules. not sure how well it worked, my own dosing capsule trials in the tinymight were dissapointing, and i think this has in part to do with the convection heating. v3pro is convection too.

cosimo

@Polarbearboy -
I think the Crafty is some of the coolest vapor from the NATIVE stem you can find to date, so I don’t think you should dismiss the Crafty+.

Personally, I do not think the Tinymight is cool enough with native stem and I find the cooling unit destroys the taste off the bat. But that is just my opinion.

As others have mentioned, the Healthy Rips Edge/Rogue is a good, cheaper route. And if the native mouthpiece isn’t cool enough, adding some glass beads definitely brings the temp down an extra notch.

I don’t have the Tafee Bowl (yet), but from what I have read, that seems to be a really good option as well.

I would also say the Firewood 6 is a great hiking vape, I find the tiny stem to be extremely effective in cooling, although I don’t think there are any available unless you look for a used one.

In my opinion (even while I am always up for people diversifying their vape collection), for your asks, the Crafty+ may be the way to go.

^this... plus, If you don't have a problem with having a glass stem and don't want to spend the extra cash on a Crafty, many portables that use glass stems are easily up-gradable into a better cooling system by getting a longer stem or one with dimples or with beads or the many other options you have for glass stemss... and usually all for less than 200 bucks (including vape and extra stems).
For example, an Arizer Argo ($100 at Aromatek) with a 10 cm / 4 inch dimpled stem (20-30 bucks in most online stores) would turn out to be 120-130 bucks. I give this example because I've tried the Crafty (never above 200 C) and I find the ArGo with the 10 cm dimpled glass stem to have vapor as cool as the crafty's, but with better flavor and other perks (such as being able to swap the battery, etc.).

But yeah.. as Jill mentioned, If you don't mind the cash, the Crafty shoudln't be dismissed. After all, you know it provides exactly what you want... not that it can't be achieved with others but maybe not so easilly as with the native cooling system of the Crafty.

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
For me, I find the cosiest vapour comes from an all glass air path. My TM, and my other half's v3pro can leave my throat a little scratchy. My torch powered elev8r is by far the least irritating unless I overheat it and get to close to combustion. I don't think it's the vapour itself, I think it's the metal heating element that adds to the scratchiness, but that's just speculation at this point.

Vaporware

Mine bit into a couple of wrappers early on, but after a bit of use it hasn’t been an issue at all anymore.

If you want to use it more I would try either leaving a battery in for a while or taking one that’s too worn out to use anymore and insert it, leave it for a while and remove it until it seems loose enough.

I think the spring is just so tight when it’s new that it scrapes against the contact on the other side, but since it loosened up I haven’t had any problems there.

HighVapeEnthusiast

From Tinymight I doesn‘t get really cool vapor right out of the box, expecially on higher temps.
But this really depends on your prefered vape temps in my opinion.
Coming from the Crafty you should also think about the difference between conduction and convection.
If you more like to take little puffs than big hits, the most convection vapes doesn't work as well.
Cause for convection you have to take longer hits, 5-10sec. minimum to get it work probably.
Just my :2c:

Have a nice weekend out there!:peace:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
your not still in Canada are you @Polarbearboy , I could sell you a very lightly used OG crafty with low hours for a steal :brow:................
sorry I forgot this is not the classifieds :rofl:. the tinymight is a champ of a device and being able to temp step is easy on the lungs but unlike temp stepping with the crafty you are free to take your hits at your leisure and not have to worry about your herb cooking while your recovering from a cough. if you are in Canada still look at the xmax v3, its like a discount tinymight feature wise but with the benefit of a digital display and precise temp control, it might not have all the horsepower of the tinymight but lighter draws are easier on the lungs anyway.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
when I'm out and about hiking, biking, visiting friends, partying, etc.
Get a Xmax V3 Pro, ticks all your boxes and is about US$100 when not on sale, the ceramic cooling unit works a treat. I have been crook with the normal flu for over 2 weeks now and have only been able to use my V3 native and my WoodScents through a bong (plus my Puffco Peak Pro for dabs)

maremaresing

Second the v3pro recommendation. I've also been sick with a cold the last week and the v3p is the only thing I have with me that doesn't hurt to use or give coughing fits.

I one use potv one dosing caps in it nowadays.

maremaresing,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom