Which Concentrates for Vapcaps?

Vaporware

I haven’t used my VCs with those, but people usually wrap them in a little degummed hemp fiber or cotton to keep the bowl clean, or they use cut up and reshaped metal mesh pads. You can also wrap it in flower, but the flower will probably be done before the concentrate. You could even put them in the tip by themselves, but it’ll probably be messy. ;)

Squiby

I use my Vapcaps to vape everything but liquids like hash oil.

I use the tip unmodified and native to vape bud and hash.

I have two ti tips modified with a S&B concentrate pad for other concentrates. I have vaped butter, rosin, shatter and wax, (basically all the melty solids without the plant matter in hash) by topping a bit on a concentrate pad.

Basically I squish the sides of a disk shaped concentrate pad into a cylinder shape with a pair of pliers. I cut the cylinder in half to make two short squat cylinders. Each one can be pushed into a tip's herb chamber, filling it. Place a blob of concentrate on top of the pad, pushing it down onto and into the pad.

Here's additional detail and pics on how I go about making a concentrate pad for a Vapcap tip.

I start with a flat disk shaped S&B concentrate pad.
lim9t.jpg

With a pair of flat pliers I start squishing the edges of the pad. Slowly its diameter reduces and it starts turning from a disk into a cylinder shape. Just keep turning it as you press against the sides of the disk until the resulting cylinder is the diameter of your Vapcap tip. The wire is pretty easy to reshape.
ir6ck7.jpg

Then I take a sharp pair of cutting pliers or even a good sturdy pair of sharp scissors and cut the cylinder in half. There may be a few loose strands of wire that you can shake off. But generally the pad stays intact.
2cwlmdv.jpg

Place one half in a tip. You should be able to just push it down into the tip. You may have to reshape it's diameter a bit more with the pliers.

Then I just butter the top, put the cap on and heat maybe a second or two past the click. I either heat the cap using my Skelator IH, for night time indicas, or with a jet lighter holding the Vapcap at about a 45° vertical angle. Once heated I tend to hold it in a more or less horizontal position.

You can see here the concentrate sitting on top of the pad which takes up the whole chamber.

28v8w0j.jpg

I love vaping concentrates this way. Often I will put a good amount of shatter on the pad and take it out with me as I do chores around the property. It's an all day sipper. Heat it and take a toke then cool and back in the pocket till later. My only caution is that if you're going to load more concentrate than you're going to vape in one go, then keep the Vapcap horizontal until it cools before showing it away until later.

Top Bottom