When you've got too much...

stickstones

Vapor concierge
...is that even possible? This thread is the opposite of the dry spells thread.

I'm about to come upon what could be a 6 month supply for me!!!!!

What can I do to preserve it best? The freezer is out of the question due to the kids.

I think I will divvy it up into 1/4 oz ziplock bags and put it in some of those mason type jars that we have in the kitchen for flour, sugar, etc. Then put them in a closet in the coldest room in the house.

What works for you guys when you've got an over supply?

stickstones,
Reactions: Inforit

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I'd recommend mason jars and a vacuum sealer. Storing them somewhere dark and cool.

It some good stuff? ;)

SpiralArchitect,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
dry it out if its a bit moist and slap it in a mason jar, if you got the space in your freezer it certainly wouldnt hurt

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
stickstones said:
...is that even possible? This thread is the opposite of the dry spells thread.

I'm about to come upon what could be a 6 month supply for me!!!!!

What can I do to preserve it best? The freezer is out of the question due to the kids.

I think I will divvy it up into 1/4 oz ziplock bags and put it in some of those mason type jars that we have in the kitchen for flour, sugar, etc. Then put them in a closet in the coldest room in the house.

What works for you guys when you've got an over supply?
http://www.ioffer.com/i/63321296
this jar!

that shit will hold about 8 oz-lb.

good jar!

Hennessy1414,

marcuss

above the clouds
jars are ok but you need more space, if you got a vacuum sealer and thick plastic bag i'd go with those!
I just opened a one year old bag and it smells and taste like paradise!

marcuss,
Reactions: Okla68

Purple-Days

divide and ration is a good idea.

Dry first, then cool and dark with minimal aie exposure. Sounds like you have a plan. :)

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
Pump and Seal is versatile and affordable. I wouldn't count on ordinary zip lock bags being air tight though. I'd at least use freezer bags. Jars would be better.

http://www.pump-n-seal.com/

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
^ Good answers

Smart ass answer... vape faster! And bone dry herb vapes great!

Enjoy :cool:

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I think you can get to anal over storing herb. Unless its going away for an extended period of say 12 months or more I don't reckon it loses much potency overtime. I stored my 6 months worth in an airtight container but I use to like to look at it an often would open up the container, tip out ounces of bud and fondle it :lol:

Next season I'm not going to sell any of the pound I get (assuming my man is still growing) and with exclusive PD use except for ABV I'm expecting that to be a 12 month supply. I will stash half away in an airtight container for sure but I wont be getting too worried about it losing any effect. I'll chug thru it too fast for that to happen.

btw - A pound sounds like a lot (yes its 16 Os) but it fits easily in a standard size supermarket bag and takes up surprisingly little space.

cherish these times as the fruits of plenty tend to have a way of withering.

Enjoy the good times!
Aint that the truth. I'm at the otehr end of the spectrum at the moment. Its like the fucking Sahara in my house. Damn tolerance breaks :mad:

Purple-Days

Somewhere on this forum I posted about vacuum sealing in canning jars, using a hot watter bath, No need for fancy vacuum pumps, just need the jars and lids, If interested I'll go back over the method, or try to find the post.

Purple-Days,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Yeah, I thought you had put that up somewhere. This is probably the place to have it, if you can remember where it is.

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'll do a cut and paste here...look vtac...I'm doing something!

This was posted before by Purple Days:

On vac-packing in glass:

I prefer Ball or Kerr wide mouth freezer jars. And a fresh lid, always ! ! !

The freezer jars are so heavy walled that there is never a fear of breakage. And the wide mouth makes loading easy. 1/2 pints and 1 pints are available.

What I do is carefully load the jar and leave a little room at the top, you want a clean seal between the glass rim and the rubber seal, don't let any weed screw up the seal. Wipe down that glass rim with a damp paper towel before putting the lid on, just to be sure.

Put the lid on, and screw the ring on very loosely.

Bring a couple of inches of water to a mild boil and stick the jar in the water. Just enough water to go maybe half way up the jar. Leave the jar and contents to heat for about 5 minutes. Fetch the jar our of the water and screw the ring down tight. Set it out at room temp.

In about 15-30 minutes that lid wil go plink. You will probably hear it. Just be sure to check for a good seal later by tapping on the center of the lid. You will know if it sealed. The ring can be removed, but adds another layer of security against the seal busting.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
My question, Tom, is does the heat effect the weed? I'm always told to keep it in a cool place, but here we are subjecting it to boiling temps for 5 minutes. Does this create a problem?

stickstones,

Purple-Days

Never had a problem, boiling point is 212 degrees F and weed vapes well above 300 degrees. Just be sure your stuff is dry before packing it away for extended periods, don't want to open a spoiled stash.

And after packing store in that cool dark place, of course.

Purple-Days,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Well, my ship came in...great stuff, too! I probably have about 6 months supply. It might not even be worth the trouble for that little time span. What say you?

stickstones,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
stickstones said:
Well, my ship came in...great stuff, too! I probably have about 6 months supply. It might not even be worth the trouble for that little time span. What say you?
i say pics :D

Hennessy1414,
  • Haha

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
stickstones said:
I say dont go to too much trouble. Store in some sort of airtight container and check it every so often to ensure all is ok, no mould etc. The 6 months will go fast ... gobble gobble :brow:

vaporcloud,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yeah, I was about to say.... with the holiday season and winter coming, I know a fat bag wouldn't last that long, then again, it depends how big a bag. hehe

I'd invest in some mason jars if you haven't, that or just some simple gladware. :)

SpiralArchitect,

Dr. Dope

i got air tight glass jars at wal-mart not sure of the exact size but they are like 2/3 of the size of a mason jar, 5$ each though

Dr. Dope,
Top Bottom